Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help!! How long after Visa grant is the initial entry date???

Help!! How long after Visa grant is the initial entry date???

Old Aug 11th 2003, 1:05 pm
I'm PR Now!! Yeah!!

Sam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really nice
Default Help!! How long after Visa grant is the initial entry date???

Hi

We are just about to apply for a spouse migration visa!! I was hoping someone out there may be able to help me!!

How long after the visa is granted is the initial entry date?? and also how long do you have before the visa expires????

Cheers

Sam & Andy Barrow
Old Aug 11th 2003, 1:26 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Help!! How long after Visa grant is the initial entry date???

Originally posted by Sam&Andy
Hi

We are just about to apply for a spouse migration visa!! I was hoping someone out there may be able to help me!!

How long after the visa is granted is the initial entry date?? and also how long do you have before the visa expires????

Cheers

Sam & Andy Barrow
Hi

you have one year from the date of your police certificate or medicals, whichever is earliest. This is to validate your visa. After that you have 5 years from the date of your visa to move to Australia.

Be warned though that after these five years are up if you want to leave Australia for a holiday you will need to get a return residents visa, or apply for your citizenship.

Good luck

Mel
Old Aug 11th 2003, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

Jo Cousins will become famous soon enough
Default Entering and exiting Australia

Hi...can anyone confirm if once in Australia you are able to come back to england for a holiday. For example we are going to perth in december of this year with our visa for residency, however, if i wanted to return to the UK next year for a hols (not that i will i doubt but just in case!!) can i do this? I wont jeopardise my visa by doing so will i?
Jo
Old Aug 11th 2003, 4:48 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

hi jo,

you can come and go as you please for up to 5 yrs once your visa is validated on initial entry
Old Aug 11th 2003, 5:10 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help!! How long after Visa grant is the initial entry date???

Originally posted by Sam&Andy
1. How long after the visa is granted is the initial entry date??

2. and also how long do you have before the visa expires????

1. http://ptlabs.topcities.com/faq0.html#y005

2. Generally 5 years from date of grant.

Peter
Old Aug 11th 2003, 5:13 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by yvsie
you can come and go as you please for up to 5 yrs once your visa is validated on initial entry
It's for 5 years from the date of visa grant, not the date of first entry, if anyone's wondering.

Questions associated with RRVs:
http://ptlabs.topcities.com/faq0.html#rrv004
http://ptlabs.topcities.com/faq0.html#rrv005

Only way to avoid having to obtain an RRV is to get Australian citizenship once eligible.

Peter
Old Aug 11th 2003, 5:14 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

oops peter...thats what i meant to say!!!!!