Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help with house sale and move to Oz

Help with house sale and move to Oz

Old Dec 29th 2009, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

stellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nice
Default Help with house sale and move to Oz

Hey,

Looking for some advice on our problem we have with our move to Oz. Basically we have sold our home and the sale will be completing in Mid January. The problem I have is that we do not want to quit our jobs until the house has officially completed. So the issue is where do myself, OH and 2 kids go? We need to have about 6 weeks to stay somewhere!

Rental house ? Normally 6 months minimum stay I heard.
Hotels ? Expensive I think
Caravans? not sure about this option.

We live around the Fareham area which is near Southampton/Portsmouth.

We have run out of options with Family/Friends so would appreciate any suggestions that people might have used themselves?
Old Dec 29th 2009, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

newlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nice
Default Re: Help with house sale and move to Oz

Originally Posted by stellaman
Hey,

Looking for some advice on our problem we have with our move to Oz. Basically we have sold our home and the sale will be completing in Mid January. The problem I have is that we do not want to quit our jobs until the house has officially completed. So the issue is where do myself, OH and 2 kids go? We need to have about 6 weeks to stay somewhere!

We have run out of options with Family/Friends so would appreciate any suggestions that people might have used themselves?

Hi stellaman

How about looking at a holiday let we live on the edge of the New Forest and there is a website for our area of holiday lets, whilst this may be a bit expensive, but worth investigating!

Where are you heading to in Australia?
Old Dec 29th 2009, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

stellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nicestellaman is just really nice

Originally Posted by newlife_downunder
Hi stellaman

How about looking at a holiday let we live on the edge of the New Forest and there is a website for our area of holiday lets, whilst this may be a bit expensive, but worth investigating!

Where are you heading to in Australia?
Hi.. We are off to Perth

Starting to look at holiday lets and websites to search for them. Man this is all stress now

Cheers for the response
Old Dec 29th 2009, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

newlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nice

Hi.. We are off to Perth

Starting to look at holiday lets and websites to search for them. Man this is all stress now

Cheers for the response
No worries Good luck hope you find something.

Panic is just starting to set in with us too, think we are about to accept an offer on our property this arvo so we need to get shipping company in etc etc - AHHHHHHH
Old Dec 29th 2009, 3:11 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey,

Can't you enquire about long term self catering there may be a discount for wanting the 6 weeks??
Old Dec 29th 2009, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

nicky1969 has a brilliant futurenicky1969 has a brilliant futurenicky1969 has a brilliant futurenicky1969 has a brilliant futurenicky1969 has a brilliant futurenicky1969 has a brilliant future

Hey,

Hi Stellaman,

Congratulations on house sale, we know exactly wot your going through, were in the exact same position, House sold need to be out 22nd January, we were advised by solicitor to exchange contracts asap that way you purchaser is bound to your home but then see if you can agree a move out date in february (just a thought) we too are heading to Perth, where abouts are you looking to locate too, would be nice to know someone who will be arriving similar time as us(hubby + 2kids 11 + 8yrs.

Cheers

Nicky
Old Dec 30th 2009, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nicky1969
Hi Stellaman,

Congratulations on house sale, we know exactly wot your going through, were in the exact same position, House sold need to be out 22nd January, we were advised by solicitor to exchange contracts asap that way you purchaser is bound to your home but then see if you can agree a move out date in february (just a thought) we too are heading to Perth, where abouts are you looking to locate too, would be nice to know someone who will be arriving similar time as us(hubby + 2kids 11 + 8yrs.

Cheers

Nicky

Hi Nicky

We are going to be around Waikiki (rockingham). I will be on to the solicitor today to try to agree a move out date for Feb. Where are you guys thinking of going to in Perth?
Old Dec 30th 2009, 8:54 am
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of

[quote=stellaman;8203590]Hey,

Before we moved over we had the same problem. I went into the biggest local estate agent in
Basingstoke and asked for a short term rental, there are always ex rental homes up for sale that are sat empty after tennants move out when a place goes on the market. The worst thing you have to cope with is the odd viewing. It was perfect for us and everyone was happy.
Old Dec 30th 2009, 10:36 am
Just Joined

nicky1969 has a brilliant futurenicky1969 has a brilliant futurenicky1969 has a brilliant futurenicky1969 has a brilliant futurenicky1969 has a brilliant futurenicky1969 has a brilliant future

Hi Nicky

We are going to be around Waikiki (rockingham). I will be on to the solicitor today to try to agree a move out date for Feb. Where are you guys thinking of going to in Perth?
Hi Guys, we heading Northern suburbs, not sure for definate yet where to settle , but we stayed in Butler last xmas when we validated the visa really liked some of the suburbs up there. Are you nerves kicking in yet, i havent slept since we had offer on house my head all over the place. Good Luck with the house, hope you get sorted, be good to keep in touch and hopefully we can meet -up on the other side

Take care

Nicky, Billy, & Kids
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nicky1969
Hi Guys, we heading Northern suburbs, not sure for definate yet where to settle , but we stayed in Butler last xmas when we validated the visa really liked some of the suburbs up there. Are you nerves kicking in yet, i havent slept since we had offer on house my head all over the place. Good Luck with the house, hope you get sorted, be good to keep in touch and hopefully we can meet -up on the other side

Take care

Nicky, Billy, & Kids
Yeah Nerves have kicked in now that NYear has gone.. AS from next week we will be sorting out the house, selling things, packing up, shippin the dog and a whole load of other stuff! Ontop of trying to find somewhere to stay for 6 odd weeks before the off!!!

Will keep you posted on how it develops - good luck with your house sale I am sure it will be fine.. Speak soon

Stellaman & Family
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Hampshire - soon to be somewhere between Brissie and Gold Coast!!!
MrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud of

Hey,

Hi and congratulations on being so close to making the big move! Have you got your plane tickets booked to go out to Oz yet? Are you renting in Perth when you get out there? How does all that side of things work - would you do that when you go out there or beforehand?

We are from Fareham too! We are going for our reccie mid-march for around 5 weeks. Got 2 weeks in Perth, 5 days in Sydney and then 2 weeks on the Gold Coast. Can't wait!

My only suggestion for somewhere to stay would be a Caravan Park. I think there's one in Fareham, Downend. Ellerslie Caravan Park - Here's a link to reviews of the site....http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/re...asp?revid=1172 Hope that helps.