Help Help Help

Old Jun 23rd 2014, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

nonauto is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Help Help Help

Hi,

I want help...

Me ACCA qualified, having two bachelor’s degrees (one from Pak and other from oxford), adv. diploma in accounting and business... i have also 3 years experience of audit firm (EY Pak) and 1 year of industry... i want to come to Australia for higher studies but i am confused:

1) which city has more job opportunities for me after having above said credentials??

2) which is the best university, which has good goodwill and reputation and their graduates find job easily?

3) which course should i need to do which not only add but boast my previous credentials..?? which degree is more in demand ? MBA etc?

4) i also want PR and citizenship of Australia in future...

I am very puzzled about above said points plz guide me and also tell me where can i get these sort of counseling about study etc..

Thanks for reply…
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 8:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Help Help

I am tempted to think that two degrees, an accounting qualification and an advanced diploma is more than enough qualifications for anyone. I think adding to it has diminishing returns.

What actually is your objective? Do you really want to study in Australia? Or are you looking for a path to long term residency?
Old Jun 25th 2014, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

Post Re: Help Help Help

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I am tempted to think that two degrees, an accounting qualification and an advanced diploma is more than enough qualifications for anyone. I think adding to it has diminishing returns.

What actually is your objective? Do you really want to study in Australia? Or are you looking for a path to long term residency?
i have both above said purposes!!!
Old Jun 26th 2014, 12:35 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

The first thing to look at is if you might be eligible for permanent residence visa now. This would be far better than a student visa as on a student visa you can only work part time and by the time you completed an post grad, accounting might not be eligible. Also, you would then only have to pay domestic fees. From what you have posted, you may be eligible for a PR visa.

As for which uni, there are a number of very good unis. Monash, UWA, Australian Uni.

As for finding a job easily. To be honest none. Australia is flooded with accountants and there was talk of removing it from the list this year. It has stayed on, but that doesn't mean it is easy to get a job.
Old Jun 26th 2014, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

Post Re: Help Help Help / Study in Australia

Originally Posted by verystormy
The first thing to look at is if you might be eligible for permanent residence visa now. This would be far better than a student visa as on a student visa you can only work part time and by the time you completed an post grad, accounting might not be eligible. Also, you would then only have to pay domestic fees. From what you have posted, you may be eligible for a PR visa.

As for which uni, there are a number of very good unis. Monash, UWA, Australian Uni.

As for finding a job easily. To be honest none. Australia is flooded with accountants and there was talk of removing it from the list this year. It has stayed on, but that doesn't mean it is easy to get a job.
Thanks for your advice...

For PR i contacted with consultants they said to me, u need some more experience for PR. and other thing is that Australia has continued prevailing Laws of immigration till 2017 so accountant would be there hopefully for some more years...

"""To be honest none. Australia is flooded with accountants and there was talk of removing it from the list this year."""

i agree with you, that is why i want Business Administration degree (MBA etc)..along with previous finance background... what do you think its a good strategy to overcome this ""Flooded Accountant"" problem to have some sort of diversified skills and capabilities (MBA) along with ACCA...??? in Australia there are many MBA programmes like some focusing on Finance, some on Marketing, some are general, Executive MBA ... what sort of MBA is more preferable to me..??

and i am asking in general term which city of Australia has more part time (during studies) and full time (after studies of MBA etc) opportunities ???? Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Hobart, Canberra Darwin????

i want to do Best MBA of Australia ....would i also get PR in future on MBA basis...is MBA has good role in getting PR..??

and it is better to select university after selecting city ??? or to select good university regardless of city conveniences??

i am also worrying about high fees in universities so i think a scholarship or part time earning would be my supportive is it correct?? how can i avail scholarships?? is Australia is providing 100% free studies??

any advice / help is highly appreciated and regard-full....

Last edited by nonauto; Jun 26th 2014 at 9:00 pm. Reason: correction
Old Jun 27th 2014, 12:04 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

First, I think your consultants have provided some poor advice. Accounting is one of the few proffessions that does not require any post graduate experience.

Second, the sol and CSOL lists change every year on the 1st of July. This year the DIAC announced they were keeping accounting on the list because of proposed changes in the tax system (repeal of carbon and mining taxes) and this may justify the need for more accountants. Nobody knows if it will stay on the list on the 1st July 2015. Personally I doubt it.

Yes, a MBA is going to be expensive. Even for a citizen it is expensive. I looked into it and found it too expensive. As an international student you would be paying tens of thousands.

No, there are not scholarships available to pay for this. You will have to pay for it yourself.

On a student visa you would be permitted to work, but only 20 hours per week. You would have to pay the uni fees up front and probably prove to DIAC you have the funds before getting a visa.

As for where, I would always recommend you chose the university and the course over which city. You can always move for work after finishing studies.

A MBA per se would not be a guaranteed route to PR. The automatic pathway from a student visa to PR is almost non existent.

I would suggest you contact a better migration agent such as Go Matilda for advice on your current eligibility for a visa.
Old Jun 27th 2014, 7:48 am
Just Joined

Post Re: Help Help Help

Thanks for very useful advice...

I searched for RP issue and now i am getting some hopeless responses that MBA would not good for PR points.. so i may think to go for Master in Professional Accounting (MPA) then then CPA/CA... but in this option i am worried about ""ABUNDANT ACCOUNTANT ISSUE"" then what is the solution

CA or CPA which has a upper hand over other in terms of worth ...?? i am very puzzled and confused can u suggest me where can i get these sort of true and honest counseling and consultation...??

Thankssss....