Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

help! dog lovers, flying on mon and dogs failed lepto and one the other Erlich test

help! dog lovers, flying on mon and dogs failed lepto and one the other Erlich test

Old Oct 18th 2006, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

liver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond repute
Default help! dog lovers, flying on mon and dogs failed lepto and one the other Erlich test

Oh god, they both failed lepto by small amount and one by the ercho thing by a small amount but am worried sick. Both on course of antibs but being retested tues. We're flying the day before though , so worried in in case they both positive.
Have done a search and it seems a few of you out there have positive for lepto but anyone had positive erlichiosis and then a negative test and how long afterward?? Can't face the idea of being on the other side of the world and them stuck here. They're booked to fly on the 5th. So stressed. Crown just gone after first day packing and can't stop bursting into tears. Oz was our dream but not without the dogs
Old Oct 18th 2006, 3:00 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: help! dog lovers, flying on mon and dogs failed lepto and one the other Erlich test

Originally Posted by liver bird
Oh god, they both failed lepto by small amount and one by the ercho thing by a small amount but am worried sick. Both on course of antibs but being retested tues. We're flying the day before though , so worried in in case they both positive.
Have done a search and it seems a few of you out there have positive for lepto but anyone had positive erlichiosis and then a negative test and how long afterward?? Can't face the idea of being on the other side of the world and them stuck here. They're booked to fly on the 5th. So stressed. Crown just gone after first day packing and can't stop bursting into tears. Oz was our dream but not without the dogs
aww what a nightmare, I know it happened to Paul&Nic but their doggy is out there with them now. PM him I'm sure he'd give you some advice.

good luck
Old Oct 18th 2006, 5:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

liver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help! dog lovers, flying on mon and dogs failed lepto and one the other Erlich te

Originally Posted by possoms
aww what a nightmare, I know it happened to Paul&Nic but their doggy is out there with them now. PM him I'm sure he'd give you some advice.

good luck
thanks possum, will do a search and try and pm them, then am going to have lots of
Old Oct 18th 2006, 5:58 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: help! dog lovers, flying on mon and dogs failed lepto and one the other Erlich te

thanks possum, will do a search and try and pm them, then am going to have lots of
here's his thread re the dog

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ight=lepto+dog
Old Oct 18th 2006, 6:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by possoms
thank you so much , lots of karma to you for your kindness, can't seem to find anything about the echi thingy though, will do another search. Complete and utter nightmare.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Louise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond repute

thank you so much , lots of karma to you for your kindness, can't seem to find anything about the echi thingy though, will do another search. Complete and utter nightmare.
Thats such a shame.. K sent and fingers x'd for next blood tests! Hopefully they'll be fine.
Old Oct 18th 2006, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Louise M
Thats such a shame.. K sent and fingers x'd for next blood tests! Hopefully they'll be fine.
Thank you so much, karma back at your for being so kind. x
Old Oct 18th 2006, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

Nikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud of
Default Re: help! dog lovers, flying on mon and dogs failed lepto and one the other Erlich test

Ohh, I'm so sorry to hear that, I dont know much about the tests so can't help much with that, sorry, just wanted to tell you that I've got everything crossed and will be thinking about you all. I'm sure it will be fine and you'll soon be enjoying your new life in Oz with the dogs.

Nikki
Old Oct 18th 2006, 8:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nikki.P
Ohh, I'm so sorry to hear that, I dont know much about the tests so can't help much with that, sorry, just wanted to tell you that I've got everything crossed and will be thinking about you all. I'm sure it will be fine and you'll soon be enjoying your new life in Oz with the dogs.

Nikki
thanks so much, my head is spinning as dont' understand much myself, hope our pet shippers and our vet can sort something out. x
Old Oct 19th 2006, 2:17 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Yep - had the same problem. Pooch passed the second test and is here with us now. The levels are unlikely to fall, but as long as they don't get any higher (thus showing the virus is not active), they can fly.
Old Oct 19th 2006, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry to hear we have just been reading about Cazz problem with Erlichiosis which has been on here the last few days send her a pm. Got my husband and I talking last night about what we'd do.... very worrying our dogs ARE our family. I'll find the link and pm you.
Old Oct 19th 2006, 9:03 am
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light

Dont panic about Lepto,if a dog shows high amount in system they will re-do blood check and if it is the same or lower then your dog will not have the illness,its just in its yearly vaccinations.I dont know what the other thing is.
Lepto is normally in your dogs vaccinations.Call your pet removal company who should be able to give you more info.
Old Oct 20th 2006, 9:19 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mandy, so sorry to hear about the lepto test - last thing you need at the moment. As Kay said, Paul&Nic went through a similar thing and their dog was fine when retested, so am keeping fingers crossed that yours will also get through second test with no problem.

Hang in there, I'm sure it will be okay.

Nicky
xxx