Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help........... does the dog go or does he go?

Help........... does the dog go or does he go?

Old Mar 14th 2007, 4:52 pm
Claireg

claireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud of
Default Help........... does the dog go or does he go?

Hi All

We are moving to Brisbane in the very near future and our failmy would'nt be complete without taking our 2 year old boxer dog 'Bailey'
Just a few questions has anyone transported their dog / how much did it cost and how are they managing in the heat.

Thanks look forward to hearing from you
cx
Old Mar 14th 2007, 5:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Help........... does the dog go or does he go?

Originally Posted by claireg
Hi All

We are moving to Brisbane in the very near future and our failmy would'nt be complete without taking our 2 year old boxer dog 'Bailey'
Just a few questions has anyone transported their dog / how much did it cost and how are they managing in the heat.

cx
Hi Claire

Start by contacting the pet transport companies for quotes and compare services, I've just asked BE for a list of companies on this thread

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...&highlight=dog

There is loads on this site about the subject, use the little search button at the top.

Wendy
Old Mar 14th 2007, 5:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Like Wendy said there is loads of info on this, make a cup of tea and sit down for half an hour to go through it!
As a very rough guide you will probably be looking at somewhere between £2000-3000 all in, although it does vary quite considerably depending on the size of your dog and the company you choose to go with.
Good luck with it all!
Old Mar 14th 2007, 6:22 pm
Claireg

claireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud of

Thanks

I had looked in the search button at 4.15pm and could'nt find one i then went and made a cup of tea and posted my thread. Sorry to be a pain!
Old Mar 14th 2007, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

You're not being a pain! It's just that you could get the info right away without waiting for other people to post.
Old Mar 14th 2007, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

ormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really nice

Hi All

cx
Hi there,

We are leaving in 19 days for Brisbane, and our 4 year old red and white boxer Sammy is leaving on the 3rd April had a bit of trouble with flights as British Airways have just decided they are not allowing Boxers on their flights so he is going with Quantas.

It cost with Golden Arrow £2300.00 thats not including blood tests or Quarantine or flight to Brisbane from Sydney as you probably know there is no quarantine in Brisbane.

Hope this helps. Plus there are loads on here with Boxers, There s someone on here called Hilary she lives in Brisbane she has 2 Boxers she s a really great person.

Sarah
Old Mar 14th 2007, 7:30 pm
Claireg

Thanks Sarah

Its such a hard decision, when we got our boxer he was so distributive - i know boxers are worse than kids ive had them all my life! im worried moving him over there will put us back to square one and how he;s going to cope with the heat etc!! i think im just a born worrier - i keep telling hubby to clean the garage, we've not had the house valued yet!!!

cx
Old Mar 14th 2007, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

ormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really nice

Thanks Sarah

Its such a hard decision, when we got our boxer he was so distributive - i know boxers are worse than kids ive had them all my life! im worried moving him over there will put us back to square one and how he;s going to cope with the heat etc!! i think im just a born worrier - i keep telling hubby to clean the garage, we've not had the house valued yet!!!

cx
It is a worry but they are worth it. Hilary s said hers has coped really well with the heat as it was a worry of mine as well.

I just worry about him in the garden of a rental he likes to scratch the grass will have to try and keep him off.

sarah
Old Mar 14th 2007, 8:17 pm
Lancs to central coast

simnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud of

Hi Claire we got a phone quote of £1500 from Pets on the Move they are based in Coppull which is the other side of Standish from you.
They will sort all blood tests out & make the travel kennel to suit your dog.

They are on 01257 795606

Hope this helps
Sim
Old Mar 14th 2007, 8:19 pm
Claireg

thanks - thats brill i'll give them a ring in the morning. I have tried a few today, but i'll have another go tomorrow.
Old Mar 14th 2007, 8:31 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

cx
Quite a bit of info on once you get here on this link

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=400606

I found all my dogs very good homes much to the disgust of many people but I did the best thing for my dogs so have no regrets as they are having a very happy life elsewhere.
Old Mar 14th 2007, 8:49 pm
Claireg

Thanks just read bits of the thred - never mind putting me off bring the dog re snakes, flees, frogs etc i'm worried!!!!
Old Mar 15th 2007, 12:59 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Hi All

cx
No way can you leave him behind!!!!!

We have 2 boxers here in WA, Lampard and Chelsea, and we wouldnt be without them!!!
Old Mar 15th 2007, 1:01 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=ormrod7;4518698]Hi there,

We are leaving in 19 days for Brisbane, and our 4 year old red and white boxer Sammy is leaving on the 3rd April had a bit of trouble with flights as British Airways have just decided they are not allowing Boxers on their flights so he is going with Quantas.

Why are Boxers not allowed on BA flights???
Bit strange, as BA and Quantas are partners. You usually fly BA from UK to one of the Asian countries, then Quantas takes over from there?????????
Old Mar 15th 2007, 2:39 am
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

Just be aware that if moving in to a rental, those with pets are not seen as favourable as those without. Others on here may be able to give their experience with rentals with pets, but in a high demand area you may have problems.
Good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.