Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help!! Does Anyone Know?

Help!! Does Anyone Know?

Old Mar 16th 2005, 3:29 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Help!! Does Anyone Know?

If the soluble painkiller Solpadeine is available in Australia? we used it in the UK and it was very effective, we have tried some alternatives here but they are gross

It is made by Glaxo Smithkline, Any help would be most appreciated.

Donna.
Old Mar 16th 2005, 3:50 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Help!! Does Anyone Know?

Originally Posted by madsad
If the soluble painkiller Solpadeine is available in Australia? we used it in the UK and it was very effective, we have tried some alternatives here but they are gross

Donna.

Dont know that it is I had a look here Online Pharmacy something with a similar name, but not the same.

This is what GSK have in Aus by the looks of it.
Old Mar 16th 2005, 3:56 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Donna.
Donna

I'm not sure of the exact ingredients in Solpadeine so couldn't tell you but if you take a box of Solpadeine into your local pharmacy, the Pharmacist will be able to check if there are any generic non POM medicines with the same ingredients and dosage. Quite often there are but they're branded differently over here

Is Solpadeine Paracetamol and Codeine? If so I think they have something called Dolomed over here....I think it's called that? ...haven't got the box with me to check the name but the Pharmacist will know.

Good luck

Old Mar 16th 2005, 4:11 am
NO 8 THE LEGEND

Lerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond repute

Donna.
you can order it from http://www.mypharmacy.co.uk/index.htm

Hope this helps.
Old Mar 16th 2005, 4:55 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys

Solpadine has Paracetamol 500mg,Codine 8mg & Caffine30mg.

Phoned Glaxo Smithkline & they said they did sell it in Oz but discontinued it 2 years ago

Lerop-I went onto the website & ordered some!!! 3 boxes of 60,you have to fill an online form & explain why you want more than one box at a time so i have explained,i have recieved the reciept via email,waiting to see if the order is accepted. fingers crossed the orders not declined

Thankyou.

Donna.
Old Mar 16th 2005, 4:59 am
NO 8 THE LEGEND

Lerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys

Phoned Glaxo Smithkline & they said they did sell it in Oz but discontinued it 2 years ago

Lerop-I went onto the website & ordered some!!! 3 boxes of 60,you have to fill an online form & explain why you want more than one box at a time so i have explained,i have recieved the reciept via email,waiting to see if the order is accepted. fingers crossed the orders not declined

Thankyou.

Donna.
Glad it helped. Good luck with your order.
Old Mar 16th 2005, 5:47 am
So Happy We could Dance

rob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to all

Thanks guys

Thankyou.

Donna.
Because of the Codeine content let customs know when you come in or you could get in trouble. You can get Panadeine, Panadeine forte here (comes as a restricted drug) and Panadeine which has 15mg of codeine (!) plus paracetamol that you can get from the pharmacist. Excellent stuff. It's just the codeine content they're concerned about here as codeine phoshate etc is a restricted drug and needs a Drs script. If you get the super panadeine 15mg then the pharmacist can 'prescribe' it to you.
Lucy
Old Mar 16th 2005, 5:57 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rob&lucy
Because of the Codeine content let customs know when you come in or you could get in trouble. You can get Panadeine, Panadeine forte here (comes as a restricted drug) and Panadeine which has 15mg of codeine (!) plus paracetamol that you can get from the pharmacist. Excellent stuff. It's just the codeine content they're concerned about here as codeine phoshate etc is a restricted drug and needs a Drs script. If you get the super panadeine 15mg then the pharmacist can 'prescribe' it to you.
Lucy
Yep, they have only recently allowed 15mg of codeine to be sold over the counter by pharmacists, previously the highest was 12 mg (with ibuprofen marketed as Neurophen Plus) or 10.8mg in conjunction with paracetamol.

You should be able to buy paracetamol tabs with 8mgs of codeine in any chemist - but I dont know of any with caffeine in them (erkkkkkkkkk!!! ) or soluble ones.
Old Mar 16th 2005, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by rob&lucy
Lucy

We came to Oz with 6 boxes of 60 Solpadine & were never stopped,questioned once!

We did try Panadine but it has a lemon after taste,most solubles seem to here!

Thanks for the advice.

Donna.
Old Mar 16th 2005, 6:07 am
ABCDiamond

Thanks guys

Thankyou.

Donna.
You may have to consider the Australian Customs attitude to this order aswell ?

Panadeine contain: Paracetamol 500mg, Codeine phosphate 8mg, but no caffine. You could always take Panadeine with a cup or two of coffee

It comes as Tablets, Caplets or soluble tablets.

edit: someone beat me to it

Old Mar 16th 2005, 6:40 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

We came to Oz with 6 boxes of 60 Solpadine & were never stopped,questioned once!

We did try Panadine but it has a lemon after taste,most solubles seem to here!

Thanks for the advice.

Donna.

How many hangovers have you guys had
Old Mar 16th 2005, 7:06 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Thanks guys

Thankyou.

Donna.
Donna you may not realise but you could unwittingly be doing something illegal by bringing in drugs to Aus. Knowing how beurocratic Aus is....you could find yourself in deep trouble if you dont follow the correct procedures and given you have worked so hard for your visa, I wouldn't have thought you'd do anything to possibly jeapordise your future here

I don't want to come accross as melodramatic here as clearly you've ordered them for kosher reasons however the fact you're importing Codeine without a licience may be unwittingly foolhardy. Did you know Codeine in UK and here is deemed a controlled drug? Did you know Pharmacists look out for Codeine abuse as drug addicts regularly take Codeine to "top up" :scared:

Anyways, I suppose what I and others are saying is don't do anything to jeapordise your stay here, especially when you could possibly obtain a generic brand of the same drug. Another thing to remember, even Pharmacists are unable to import without a licience...so there's a reason for this

Go see an Aussie Pharmacist. They don't bite

Old Mar 16th 2005, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Donna you may not realise but you could unwittingly be doing something illegal by bringing in drugs to Aus. Knowing how beurocratic Aus is....you could find yourself in deep trouble if you dont follow the correct procedures and given you have worked so hard for your visa, I wouldn't have thought you'd do anything to possibly jeapordise your future here

I don't want to come accross as melodramatic here as clearly you've ordered them for kosher reasons however the fact you're importing Codeine without a licience may be unwittingly foolhardy. Did you know Codeine in UK and here is deemed a controlled drug? Did you know Pharmacists look out for Codeine abuse as drug addicts regularly take Codeine to "top up" :scared:

Anyways, I suppose what I and others are saying is don't do anything to jeapordise your stay here, especially when you could possibly obtain a generic brand of the same drug. Another thing to remember, even Pharmacists are unable to import without a licience...so there's a reason for this

Go see an Aussie Pharmacist. They don't bite

Hold on a minute here,Solpadine you can buy in the UK over the counter,i have bought the stuff for years,Codeine being a controlled drug in the UK is news to me? here maybe a different story?
We have been in & out of several chemists here,with the Solpadine ingredients & no one has alerted us to this news?

Donna.
Old Mar 16th 2005, 8:32 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Hold on a minute here,Solpadine you can buy in the UK over the counter,i have bought the stuff for years,Codeine being a controlled drug in the UK is news to me? here maybe a different story?
We have been in & out of several chemists here,with the Solpadine ingredients & no one has alerted us to this news?

Donna.
Does Solpadeine contain Codeine then? Maybe not? I'm not sure but I thought I'd read somewhere on here that it does? If it does, the amount could be so small it's OK to buy OTC? No idea, as I said I don't know what's in it without looking at ingredients.

Anyways, regardless. My point was you may require an import licience to bring drugs into Aus and surely it's best to find out and keep within the letter of the law rather than chance it?

Up to you of course. Not my problem or business. Was just trying to help.

Last edited by Phoenixuk2oz; Mar 16th 2005 at 8:34 am.

Old Mar 16th 2005, 8:55 am
Professional Princess

Donna.

I know 'Mersyndol Night time' are very effective.

Get the night time ones though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.