Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help !!!! Cane toads in the house !!!!

Help !!!! Cane toads in the house !!!!

Old Oct 8th 2010, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

goosefat is just really nicegoosefat is just really nicegoosefat is just really nicegoosefat is just really nicegoosefat is just really nicegoosefat is just really nicegoosefat is just really nicegoosefat is just really nice
Default Help !!!! Cane toads in the house !!!!

Hi Everyone ,

Not been on here for ages , moved at last year to Hervey Bay and we have loved it so far UNTIL ! Now the Cane Toad invasion !!!!! I hate them so much have a really bad phobia . they were around before but in the back . Cant even go near them of look at them . I know people may laugh but im really bad .

All of a sudden there are so many out side my front door I cant go outside to the car its awfull . Does any one have any ideas on how to deter them from the front yard and coming in the house . Ive had 6 IN THE HOUSE and lots more outside the door in one week and every thing is closed . There is no water or food to attract them . Can pest control do any thing ?. We have the house of our dreams but if I cant stop this will be moving to where they have none YET !

Can any one help pls

Goosefat x
Old Oct 8th 2010, 12:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help !!!! Cane toads in the house !!!!

WE get them up in up in Darwin and i know the local council have toad boxes that you can leave around your house to catch them. Alternativly i would contact the council to see if they can advise you on who to contact to get rid of them.
WE have lived here 4 months and so far ive caught 2 and put them in the freezer till bin day which is what was reccomended to me.
Hope you get it sorted out as they really are horrible, vile creatures
Mandy
Old Oct 8th 2010, 12:27 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Luckily I live nowhere near them....try this:

http://www.canetoadsinoz.com/index.html
Old Oct 8th 2010, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

goosefat is just really nicegoosefat is just really nicegoosefat is just really nicegoosefat is just really nicegoosefat is just really nicegoosefat is just really nicegoosefat is just really nicegoosefat is just really nice

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
Luckily I live nowhere near them....try this:

http://www.canetoadsinoz.com/index.html
Hi ,

Thanks so much for your help , but cant even look at the pictures !!!! lol . Where do you live ?? Are there any homes for rent ! lol

Thanks

Goosefat
Old Oct 8th 2010, 12:34 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goosefat
Hi ,

Thanks so much for your help , but cant even look at the pictures !!!! lol . Where do you live ?? Are there any homes for rent ! lol

Thanks

Goosefat
South West victoria - a long, long way away. There is a section on that website about humane destruction. I figure a shotgun would be best.
Old Oct 8th 2010, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
WE get them up in up in Darwin and i know the local council have toad boxes that you can leave around your house to catch them. Alternativly i would contact the council to see if they can advise you on who to contact to get rid of them.
WE have lived here 4 months and so far ive caught 2 and put them in the freezer till bin day which is what was reccomended to me.
Hope you get it sorted out as they really are horrible, vile creatures
Mandy
Hi Mandy ,

Thanks for that . Will do will give them a call . Hope they can help !!! Dont want to move .........

Take care

Goosefat
Old Oct 8th 2010, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
South West victoria - a long, long way away. There is a section on that website about humane destruction. I figure a shotgun would be best.
Looks like a move is on the cards , a shot gun maybe .......
Old Oct 8th 2010, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

sebeva will become famous soon enoughsebeva will become famous soon enough

Hi Everyone ,

Not been on here for ages , moved at last year to Hervey Bay and we have loved it so far UNTIL ! Now the Cane Toad invasion !!!!! I hate them so much have a really bad phobia . they were around before but in the back . Cant even go near them of look at them . I know people may laugh but im really bad .

All of a sudden there are so many out side my front door I cant go outside to the car its awfull . Does any one have any ideas on how to deter them from the front yard and coming in the house . Ive had 6 IN THE HOUSE and lots more outside the door in one week and every thing is closed . There is no water or food to attract them . Can pest control do any thing ?. We have the house of our dreams but if I cant stop this will be moving to where they have none YET !

Can any one help pls

Goosefat x
Hi, what part of Hervey Bay do you live in?? We are in Torquay and don't have so many no more than a couple in the last days and only in the garden, not in the house
You also got here few ideas what you can do with them
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3ENUqV5-bw
Old Oct 8th 2010, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sebeva
Hi, what part of Hervey Bay do you live in?? We are in Torquay and don't have so many no more than a couple in the last days and only in the garden, not in the house
You also got here few ideas what you can do with them
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3ENUqV5-bw
Hi ya ,

Thanks for the reply , we live in Urangan near the harbour loved it till now !!! been in the house since Jan , now I hate it . thanks for the u tube thing but cant watch lol !
Old Oct 8th 2010, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

BayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud of

Cane toads don't like detol.

One tiny squirt from a spray bottle with a 50/50 solution of detol and water and the cane toad is history.

Just grit your teeth and say I can do it. It may not be all that humane but it's not illegal, a shot gun is.

I live just outside Hervey Bay on 5 acres, a veritable breeding ground for cane toads but I see very few of them around the house. Maybe they know that spray bottle is sitting there just waiting for them to appear.

There will be a lot around this year because of all the rain we have had and I expect it will be the same all over Qld.
Old Oct 9th 2010, 2:32 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=BayWhale;8905841]Cane toads don't like detol.

" not illegal, a shot gun is."

Not if you have a licence.........mm
Old Oct 9th 2010, 5:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Wendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of light

Page here on deterring Cane Toads

http://www.fdrproject.org.au/pages/TDexclude.htm

Hope that helps.

Just to add when we lived in SE Qld, we didn't get any in the rental house but when I stayed a friends for a few days just 10 mins up the road, she had loads, the only difference in the properties was she had lots of borders/shrubs etc where they hid in the day and came out everywhere at night, because we have dogs I'd have pulled the whole lot up as they were in her dogs outside water bowl during the night she didn't let her dogs out for a wee after dark either, personally I'd have pulled the whole lot out and rather been safe for my dogs.

Last edited by Wendy66; Oct 9th 2010 at 5:10 am.
Old Oct 9th 2010, 6:52 am
Living our life wherever

Location: came back to oz after moving back to uk but not settled here so uk here i come, last time im moving
Trevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of light

Use a golf club and they are off your garden very quickly
Old Oct 9th 2010, 10:14 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone ,

Can any one help pls

Goosefat x
I was telling my daughter today of your dilemma and we both agree you need to MOVE, they are disgusting and vile creatures.....
Old Oct 9th 2010, 10:47 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone ,

Can any one help pls

Goosefat x
Hopefully....... you don't live in Perth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.