Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help!! Buying A Car Today, But Which One??

Help!! Buying A Car Today, But Which One??

Old Apr 29th 2005, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

WHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really nice
Question Help!! Buying A Car Today, But Which One??

Hi there after many weeks relying on public transport and miles and miles (or should that be Ks and Ks) of walking everywhere, we are actually going to get a car this weekend.

We have decided rather than have 2 cars like we did in the UK to just go for the one but with 7/8 seats so when all our rellies come over we can all just pile in the one car. But which one? Hubby likes the Landcruisers, but as I will be doing most of the driving (weekdays anyway, school run etc) at just over 5'2 will I find it too big :scared: ? Can anybody tell me how they drive, are they easy to park, do they guzzle the fuel? We also like the Prado and the Ford Explorer.

Has anybody else bought a 7/8 seater recently that they can recommend we take a look at before we make the big leap?

Thanks, Wheezy
Old Apr 30th 2005, 6:33 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of
Default Re: Help!! Buying A Car Today, But Which One??

Originally Posted by WHEEZY
Hi there after many weeks relying on public transport and miles and miles (or should that be Ks and Ks) of walking everywhere, we are actually going to get a car this weekend.

We have decided rather than have 2 cars like we did in the UK to just go for the one but with 7/8 seats so when all our rellies come over we can all just pile in the one car. But which one? Hubby likes the Landcruisers, but as I will be doing most of the driving (weekdays anyway, school run etc) at just over 5'2 will I find it too big :scared: ? Can anybody tell me how they drive, are they easy to park, do they guzzle the fuel? We also like the Prado and the Ford Explorer.

Has anybody else bought a 7/8 seater recently that they can recommend we take a look at before we make the big leap?

Thanks, Wheezy
Do you need a 4wd? if not then why not look at the Tarago or something like that, they use less fuel and from memory Sydney is goin to Up the costs for people with 4wd's who dont need them.

Either way Happy shopping
Kala
Old Apr 30th 2005, 8:28 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JayDeee
Do you need a 4wd? if not then why not look at the Tarago or something like that, they use less fuel and from memory Sydney is goin to Up the costs for people with 4wd's who dont need them.

Either way Happy shopping
Kala
Yep 4wders are increasingly leaving them at home.
Old Apr 30th 2005, 8:30 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Help!! Buying A Car Today, But Which One??

Thanks, Wheezy
Our relative bought a brand new Pajero a couple of years ago and said its excellent. It seems to go anywhere to as they are having a house built in Perth which did not have a road to it just a muddy quagmire at the moment.

It has seven seats to and unlike the Land Crusier they fold down completely at the back so you wouldn't even know they are there. I believe the Land Crusiers fold up to the side or something. Also, he said the Pajero handled much better than the Land Crusier. The Pajeros front wheels are nearer to the front of the vehicle so its much more responsive when cornering etc.

At the end of the day its down to personal preferences isn't it?

Make sure you let us all know what you do get in the end though, just out of curiousity!

R.
Old Apr 30th 2005, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

WHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really nice

Originally Posted by Carruss
Our relative bought a brand new Pajero a couple of years ago and said its excellent. It seems to go anywhere to as they are having a house built in Perth which did not have a road to it just a muddy quagmire at the moment.

It has seven seats to and unlike the Land Crusier they fold down completely at the back so you wouldn't even know they are there. I believe the Land Crusiers fold up to the side or something. Also, he said the Pajero handled much better than the Land Crusier. The Pajeros front wheels are nearer to the front of the vehicle so its much more responsive when cornering etc.

At the end of the day its down to personal preferences isn't it?

Make sure you let us all know what you do get in the end though, just out of curiousity!

R.

Well I am now the pround owner of a Prado. The Land Cruiser was just too big. However, we bought it before we had time to read previous posts about 4WDs costing drivers more How is this?
Old Apr 30th 2005, 9:28 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Help!! Buying A Car Today, But Which One??

Well I am now the pround owner of a Prado. The Land Cruiser was just too big. However, we bought it before we had time to read previous posts about 4WDs costing drivers more How is this?
Here we go, being nosey now...

How much was it including all tax and for what year, mileage blah, blah, blah.

R.
Old Apr 30th 2005, 10:10 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

If you don`t need a 4wd I also recommend a Toyota Tarago or similar.... jsut get as new a one as you can afford.