Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help with broadband and online gaming

Help with broadband and online gaming

Old Oct 18th 2008, 11:56 am
I Want To Believe!!

CH33ZEBURG3R has a brilliant futureCH33ZEBURG3R has a brilliant futureCH33ZEBURG3R has a brilliant futureCH33ZEBURG3R has a brilliant futureCH33ZEBURG3R has a brilliant futureCH33ZEBURG3R has a brilliant future
Default Help with broadband and online gaming

i will be looking to get broadband soon and need some help or advice ok i'm planning on getting at least 15mb download limit and i also which is very important use XBOX LIVE quite a lot for online gaming and wanted to know if that was going to affect my downloads? i also want the best speed available and don't want to spend any more than $60 maybe 70, so can anyone give me some advice maybe of whom to go with?? ive just had a look at Netspace are these ok or not??

Any help/advive would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Old Oct 18th 2008, 1:16 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with broadband and online gaming

www.whirlpool.net.au is the definitive site for Australian broadband comparisons.

I assume you mean 15gig and not 15meg. That would be heaps of limit. The XBOX doesnt actually use a huge amount to transmit game data.
Old Oct 18th 2008, 4:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud of

It does use a huge amount if you download game demos and movies.
Old Oct 19th 2008, 3:15 am
I Want To Believe!!

CH33ZEBURG3R has a brilliant futureCH33ZEBURG3R has a brilliant futureCH33ZEBURG3R has a brilliant futureCH33ZEBURG3R has a brilliant futureCH33ZEBURG3R has a brilliant futureCH33ZEBURG3R has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Centurion
www.whirlpool.net.au is the definitive site for Australian broadband comparisons.

I assume you mean 15gig and not 15meg. That would be heaps of limit. The XBOX doesnt actually use a huge amount to transmit game data.
yes sorry i do mean 15gig not meg, ive looked on whirlpool but i'm new here and its totally different from the UK as we used to pay x amount and it was all Unlimited so just need advice on which providers to use and who to avoid really.
Old Oct 19th 2008, 3:34 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

aanet look pretty good.

http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/bc/isp-37...standalone.htm
Old Oct 19th 2008, 10:19 am
I Want To Believe!!

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
i was looking at AANET the other day and they do look ok, thanks for that anyway ;o)