Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help on Bond please

Help on Bond please

Old Jul 21st 2003, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

Hi Slater

bet you're glad you've got that bit done! its nearly 5 weeks since we sent off our bond and still no visa, this seems long compared to other cases i've heard of, could you do me a favour and post a wee message when yours comes through either to stress me out or calm me down, i will do likewise, hopefully soon. after youve parted with the cash you just want the bit of paper in your hand so you can start making all your arrangements.

Are you WA bound too? we hope to be in perth in november.

Good Luck

Lynn
Old Jul 21st 2003, 8:42 am
over the cuckoo's nest

Slater will become famous soon enoughSlater will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by lynnj
Hi Slater

bet you're glad you've got that bit done! its nearly 5 weeks since we sent off our bond and still no visa, this seems long compared to other cases i've heard of, could you do me a favour and post a wee message when yours comes through either to stress me out or calm me down, i will do likewise, hopefully soon. after youve parted with the cash you just want the bit of paper in your hand so you can start making all your arrangements.

Are you WA bound too? we hope to be in perth in november.

Good Luck

Lynn
I understood from other postings that it takes just 2-3 weeks after putting up the Bond. As we only applied on 15th April it seems that we are being fastracked. Will let you know as and when we get any info. When did you apply?
We are going to the Gold Coast area, hopefully it will be around October so the children have time to aclimatise and pick up a bit of an accent before they start school in January. We are under offer on the House although we havn't exchanged contracts yet, and just hope that all goes smoothly from now on.

Slater
Old Jul 21st 2003, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

we applied last november, meds and police were sent back early may, got our bond request mid june and parted with our cash as soon as we could find a rate and service that we were happy with, i like you seemed to think that most visas were being issued more or less instantly after the bond was received, i emailed our case officer when we sent the bond to say, ok we've done it the wa treasury are sending everything to you do you want me to do anything else? then last week i emailed to ask if he had received the paperwork or if he wanted me to send a copy of the bond certificate, as yet i've had no response to either email, i think this is whats stressing me out more than not having the visa, i'm hoping he just hasnt responded as the thin has already been issued but the longer this goes on the more i doubt this! but on the bright side the longer before we go the less time to wait for our cash when we get there. (i donr mean that i'm just trying to find a possitive!).

i hope the gold coast is good to you

Lynn