Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help!!! Baby snake in bedroom!!!

Help!!! Baby snake in bedroom!!!

Old Nov 26th 2007, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

GreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud of
Default Help!!! Baby snake in bedroom!!!

OHHH NOOOO!!!! Look what I just found in my bedroom!!! It was only about 10cm long, but it was a snake!!! Help!!! is it dangerous? Is it a baby of a big unfriendly mother or is it going to stay that way???? And where are the others???????????????
Holy cow, and I thought I was sorted with Mortein, fancy having no spiders but snakes under the bed!
Attached Thumbnails Help!!! Baby snake in bedroom!!!-pict0001.jpg  
Old Nov 26th 2007, 9:04 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help!!! Baby snake in bedroom!!!

Originally Posted by GreenSauce

OHHH NOOOO!!!! Look what I just found in my bedroom!!! It was only about 10cm long, but it was a snake!!! Help!!! is it dangerous? Is it a baby of a big unfriendly mother or is it going to stay that way???? And where are the others???????????????
Holy cow, and I thought I was sorted with Mortein, fancy having no spiders but snakes under the bed!

That looks more like a lizard than a snake. It has little legs, which snakes don't have.

S
Old Nov 26th 2007, 9:06 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

That is so cute Just open the door and let him out, or let him stay. he's lovely.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

GreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud ofGreenSauce has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
That looks more like a lizard than a snake. It has little legs, which snakes don't have.

S
Phew! Thanks mate, your right - didnt see those legs in my state of shock! Guess I can get out of my leather bike gear now...
Old Nov 26th 2007, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by moneypen20
That is so cute Just open the door and let him out, or let him stay. he's lovely.
Well now that I know its just a lizzard, yeah, he can stay and it the creepy crawlies Managed to get him out, far away from the house earlier though...
Old Nov 26th 2007, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

ianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud of

Thats the weirdest lizard ive ever seen, maybe its a freak of nature do you live close to a power plant?
Old Nov 26th 2007, 9:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe alright for a stew ?
Old Nov 26th 2007, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

ianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud of

I really wouldnt be going near that just yet until you get confirmation of what it is, look more snake than lizard to me
Old Nov 26th 2007, 9:26 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

That's a skink I reckon. Harmless.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by worzel
That's a skink I reckon. Harmless.
Harmless sounds good, but whats a skink? Some sort if lizzard then? Is that its full size, or will I find any bigger ones? Are they very common? I'll go google skinks...
Old Nov 26th 2007, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ianhutch1
I really wouldnt be going near that just yet until you get confirmation of what it is, look more snake than lizard to me
I've allready been near it but I survived with the help of lots of leather... I have hopes on the skink theory, whatever they are..
Old Nov 26th 2007, 9:36 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Harmless sounds good, but whats a skink? Some sort if lizzard then? Is that its full size, or will I find any bigger ones? Are they very common? I'll go google skinks...
Yeah, a kind of lizard. We get a lot of them having a swim in our pool. They come in legged and legless varieties (like poms).

Wait til you find a bobtail or a blue tongue in your garden. Then you will really 5hit yourself! The heads look just like they belong on a 2 metre snake.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 9:36 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

here you go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skink
Old Nov 26th 2007, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

Come back skink and eat the spiders!!! So happy it was a lovely little skink
Saw myself hunting snakes through the house all night, fancy it looks more like hunting booze
Old Nov 26th 2007, 9:48 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

here is a photo of a blue toungue from when i was in bamaga last week. i had to prod him a few times to get him to stick his tongue out. i also dont know what the big fuss is with snakes. we saw a couple of good size ones. this one is about 3 metres long. i was antagonising this fella so we could get a good photo. the lads are now calling me Bindi.

Help!!! Baby snake in bedroom!!!-1.jpg

Help!!! Baby snake in bedroom!!!-getattachment.jpg

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.