Reload this Page >

HELP - Assessment IEaust

Wikiposts

HELP - Assessment IEaust

Old Jul 30th 2006, 7:35 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HELP - Assessment IEaust

Originally Posted by KayC
No - because we are going for an engineering occupation - we have to apply to Engineers Australia instead of TRA.

I just don't know if we are including all the required information.

as far as I can remember yes you need to send references (I am sure they need to be originals), and a very detailed description of your day to day duties in your present job.

dont be afraid to give them a call if you are not sure...they wont bite ya, better to be safe than sorry

best of luck
Old Jul 30th 2006, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

BPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant futureBPadhiar has a brilliant future

I am qualified as an Aeronautical Engineer and I went through IEaust for my skills assessment. We did the following:

My migration agent confirmed to me that my degree would come under Washington Accord, apparently they have this information. I also contacted the Engineering Council UK to find out if my degree was accredited and they confirmed that it was and that it would come under the Washington Accord.

Because it came under this Accord, all I had to do was send certified copies of the degree certificate and modules studies. Along with the application form I also had to send my CV, however I was told that I did not have get references.

In total they took 8 weeks, should have been sooner but they had to confirm something (cant remember what but it was a trivial thing)
Old Jul 30th 2006, 8:49 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BPadhiar
I am qualified as an Aeronautical Engineer and I went through IEaust for my skills assessment. We did the following:

My migration agent confirmed to me that my degree would come under Washington Accord, apparently they have this information. I also contacted the Engineering Council UK to find out if my degree was accredited and they confirmed that it was and that it would come under the Washington Accord.

Because it came under this Accord, all I had to do was send certified copies of the degree certificate and modules studies. Along with the application form I also had to send my CV, however I was told that I did not have get references.

In total they took 8 weeks, should have been sooner but they had to confirm something (cant remember what but it was a trivial thing)
Yeah that's about it.

the accords are effectively a cartel of Uni courses that have all grouped together to say that they agree that their courses are effectively the same in content and that they are academically similar so can be judged as equal in standing.

It makes transfer of engineering skills much more easy than, say, trades etc.

Typically, mine wasn't on the list, so I had to do a CDR, which took ages!

S
Old Jul 30th 2006, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

thribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
as far as I can remember yes you need to send references (I am sure they need to be originals), and a very detailed description of your day to day duties in your present job.

dont be afraid to give them a call if you are not sure...they wont bite ya, better to be safe than sorry

best of luck
This is only the case if you don't have certification - my hubby looked at it, and because he's not a member of any institute in the UK it was more complex, involving references etc. As I'm a member of the IChemE all I had to do was send certified copies of my degree certificate and IChemE certificate. Turnaround was very fast indeed.

Yes, I'm one of those annoying people that had no glitches at all with their applications
Old Jul 30th 2006, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

jdjnr is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Swerv-o,

May be in contact soon with more questions!!!!!!!!

Hiya KayC,

I also applied through IEAust and its really straight forward - as Swerv-o said above , just need certified copies of transcript of results, copy of actual parchment and a CV - if your going through the Sydney accord route then it will do no harm to send your letter from Engineers Council either (I was in Engineers Ireland at the time and sent off membership details when being assessed by IEAust)..

Pretty straight forward, takes about 4 weeks to get the approval back from them and it will save you a wad of cash if you do it yourself instead of using an agent!

Good Luck

Jon
Old Jul 31st 2006, 12:27 am
BE Enthusiast

KayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud of

Thanks everyone for all your replies - you have all been a great help.

Hopefully we will get it all sent off this week - keep your fingers crossed for us
Old Jul 31st 2006, 12:28 am
Forum Regular

ykx1426 has a spectacular aura aboutykx1426 has a spectacular aura aboutykx1426 has a spectacular aura about

Hi,

Same as the guys above my degree was recognised under the Washington accord - therefore just certified final year results + actual degree and a CV.

About 4 weeks to process by IEaust - they issued me a letter of approval which I sent along with my visa application.

Best of luck,
Old Jul 31st 2006, 1:38 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by thribble
This is only the case if you don't have certification - my hubby looked at it, and because he's not a member of any institute in the UK it was more complex, involving references etc. As I'm a member of the IChemE all I had to do was send certified copies of my degree certificate and IChemE certificate. Turnaround was very fast indeed.

Yes, I'm one of those annoying people that had no glitches at all with their applications

didnt realise it was diff....my hubby had a mere trade qualification and HNC no degree so have sent him to stand in the corner
Old Jul 31st 2006, 6:27 am
kjj
Forum Regular

kjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to all

Yes we did. We sent off all his certificates to the Engineers Council UK to have them assessed and because hubby's degree was part time and only a BEng (without Hons) the UK said it did not fulfill the Washington Accord, but his HND filled requirements for the Sydney Accord (Technologist). He applied to Engineers Australia asking for recognition under the Sydney Accord but we also sent his degree as well as his HND and he got assessed as being a professional engineer (Manufacturing Engineer).
Thanks kjj. Yes you're right it is Sydney Accord, did you also send a certified copy of the letter from engineers council uk (recognition of qualifications)???

Thanks again
KayC