Help!!!

Old Apr 14th 2013, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

jennifer.evans is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help!!!

Hi guys I have currently applied for a 489 skilled visa I have submitted my police check(clear) me and the wife got our meds on tues,we both are healthy people.
The question I want to ask is this I have found a house that is available for us in meadow springs Perth from the 29/06/2013 should I agree to this or wait until I get my visa grant I know it's a gamble but there are not many houses for rent in meadow springs.Could it really take 2 months from tues fingers crossed it won't.
Old Apr 14th 2013, 7:12 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help!!!

Originally Posted by jennifer.evans
Hi guys I have currently applied for a 489 skilled visa I have submitted my police check(clear) me and the wife got our meds on tues,we both are healthy people.
The question I want to ask is this I have found a house that is available for us in meadow springs Perth from the 29/06/2013 should I agree to this or wait until I get my visa grant I know it's a gamble but there are not many houses for rent in meadow springs.Could it really take 2 months from tues fingers crossed it won't.
It might, it might not. Wish I could tell you a definite timeline but with DIAC no such thing exists. Sorry.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 12:06 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Meadow Springs is not Perth. It's Mandurah, which is 70 km south of Perth - about the distance of Manchester to Sheffield.

As for whether you should rent a house sight unseen without a visa, I personally wouldn't.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

Cosmo Knott has a brilliant futureCosmo Knott has a brilliant futureCosmo Knott has a brilliant futureCosmo Knott has a brilliant futureCosmo Knott has a brilliant futureCosmo Knott has a brilliant futureCosmo Knott has a brilliant futureCosmo Knott has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Meadow Springs is not Perth. It's Mandurah, which is 70 km south of Perth - about the distance of Manchester to Sheffield.

As for whether you should rent a house sight unseen without a visa, I personally wouldn't.
Not sure if it's a legal thing but most agents won't let a house without meeting the renters first. We tend to rent, renovate then sell and we've never secured a rental without meeting the agent. Tried once when moving interstate and were given a resounding 'sorry not without you physically seeing the property'. I guess there needs to be protection on both sides.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

Tim86 is an unknown quantity at this point

just another note, i wouldnt take the photos from the estate agent as a good representation of the place (assuming that this is the basis of your decision?)

they all tend to be of the property when it was last renovated / first built and all photoshopped to look light bright airy and modern,

just be careful!!
Old Apr 15th 2013, 10:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I shouldn't think they would rent it to you unseen and whilst you are overseas without a visa...
Old Apr 15th 2013, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Mummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Tim86
just another note, i wouldnt take the photos from the estate agent as a good representation of the place (assuming that this is the basis of your decision?)

they all tend to be of the property when it was last renovated / first built and all photoshopped to look light bright airy and modern,

just be careful!!
I can second this, saw houses online from the uk and when we saw them here, wow what a difference...
Old Apr 15th 2013, 1:36 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Don't do it. you will regret it. Stay in a big 4 or something for a month or two before committing to a location.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 2:53 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely don't rent a house without seeing it! The pictures put up by estate agents are so far removed from reality that it's not even funny! Our last rental all had fires lit in the pictures, when we went to see it we were told that none of the fireplaces were functional and they admitted they had photoshopped in the fire! That's a small thing but just beware!
Old Apr 16th 2013, 3:02 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Do NOT ever rent a property without viewing it first. Not only is it bad practice for you, most agents won't allow you anyway as they have to abide by industry regulations which require a tenant to physically inspect the property before taking ownership.
Be patient, as much as I can understand your excitement with your POTENTIAL move I would wait until you get here. Things look different on the ground and what looks like a dream online could be a nightmare in real life.
So......No NO No NO....get my drift!