British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Help (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/help-330987/)

Sam Oct 12th 2005 11:45 am

Help

We need to find hubby's eldest bro's date of birth for visa forms :eek:

Now don't ask us to do the obvious like ask him cause hubby not seen or spoken to him since ummmmmmm (thinks hard) 9 years ago, and we don't have contact with any other of his family members :mad: (long long long boring family story so won't bother) :rolleyes:

any ideas!!!!!

Please

worzel Oct 12th 2005 11:48 am

Re: Help

Originally Posted by alan and sam

Now don't ask us to do the obvious like ask him cause hubby not seen or spoken to him since ummmmmmm (thinks hard) 9 years ago, and we don't have contact with any other of his family members :mad: (long long long boring family story so won't bother) :rolleyes:

any ideas!!!!!

Please

We didn't know my wife's natural Father's DOB. We just put unknown on the form as advised by our agent and got visas no problem. It might be an idea to put a brief note explaining the reason, we did.

Pollyana Oct 12th 2005 11:49 am

Is it just for the bit on the form where you have to list the family? If so, just put the approx date, and the fact that you have no contact with him, so do not know the exact date. We had to do that for several of The Bloke's step-siblings and had no problem.

Hels Oct 12th 2005 11:49 am

any ideas!!!!!

Please

When I first arrived in the UK 4 yrs ago, I didnt have my Ancestry Visa although I knew I was eligiable. I looked up an agency that can find birth certificates for you. It only cost me about 30quid and they found my Grandfathers birthcertificate in a matter of days and the only thing I could give them was his name!!

I found these people in the phone book....hope this helps

Hels

OzTennis Oct 12th 2005 11:50 am

any ideas!!!!!

Please

Old diaries with his birthday marked? Hubby presumably knows what year his brother was born in. Ask a old school friend? Difficult to contact authorities to request the info when you aren't the actual person. Friends re-united? Electoral roll?

OzTennis :)

Sam Oct 12th 2005 11:57 am

thanks guys

Will probably go for a estimate one and put a note in saying we have no contact. we managed to suss out his year of birth by following backwards from the other siblings (6 altogether) but no old diaries etc as before the 9 years he last saw him was 15 years before that!!!! and the brother left home when hubby was 4/5, tried friends reunited etc, but we dont want to actually contact him and that only gives year of birth not date so first option it is.

Thanks everyone for the help