Help

Old Oct 12th 2005, 11:45 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Help

We need to find hubby's eldest bro's date of birth for visa forms

Now don't ask us to do the obvious like ask him cause hubby not seen or spoken to him since ummmmmmm (thinks hard) 9 years ago, and we don't have contact with any other of his family members (long long long boring family story so won't bother)

any ideas!!!!!

Please
Old Oct 12th 2005, 11:48 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help

Originally Posted by alan and sam

Now don't ask us to do the obvious like ask him cause hubby not seen or spoken to him since ummmmmmm (thinks hard) 9 years ago, and we don't have contact with any other of his family members (long long long boring family story so won't bother)

any ideas!!!!!

Please
We didn't know my wife's natural Father's DOB. We just put unknown on the form as advised by our agent and got visas no problem. It might be an idea to put a brief note explaining the reason, we did.
Old Oct 12th 2005, 11:49 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Is it just for the bit on the form where you have to list the family? If so, just put the approx date, and the fact that you have no contact with him, so do not know the exact date. We had to do that for several of The Bloke's step-siblings and had no problem.
Old Oct 12th 2005, 11:49 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

any ideas!!!!!

Please

When I first arrived in the UK 4 yrs ago, I didnt have my Ancestry Visa although I knew I was eligiable. I looked up an agency that can find birth certificates for you. It only cost me about 30quid and they found my Grandfathers birthcertificate in a matter of days and the only thing I could give them was his name!!

I found these people in the phone book....hope this helps

Hels
Old Oct 12th 2005, 11:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

any ideas!!!!!

Please
Old diaries with his birthday marked? Hubby presumably knows what year his brother was born in. Ask a old school friend? Difficult to contact authorities to request the info when you aren't the actual person. Friends re-united? Electoral roll?

OzTennis
Old Oct 12th 2005, 11:57 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

thanks guys

Will probably go for a estimate one and put a note in saying we have no contact. we managed to suss out his year of birth by following backwards from the other siblings (6 altogether) but no old diaries etc as before the 9 years he last saw him was 15 years before that!!!! and the brother left home when hubby was 4/5, tried friends reunited etc, but we dont want to actually contact him and that only gives year of birth not date so first option it is.

Thanks everyone for the help

Last edited by Sam; Oct 12th 2005 at 11:58 am. Reason: spelling is crap!!!!!!