Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hello, Questions?

Hello, Questions?

Old Mar 27th 2004, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

glm36 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello, Questions?

Hi, We've been looking on here and reading some of the messages, very informative I might add. But, now we've finally decided to post a message and say hello.

I'm Gary the better half(!) is Caroline.

Well to cut a long story short, I've applied to transfer to the Australian Army from the Britsh Army, it can be done providing I'm discharged before I enlist which is no problem. I sent my application forms off 2 weeks ago on Monday so hopefully will hear something soon via email, If accepted in the trade I'm going for I will go under the ENS scheme, and, luckily only have to be in the Army for 3 months before I and Caroline can apply for citizinship!

Well questions are:

1. Is there anyone else on here who has transferred to any of the 3 forces? If so, how do you find it compares? Everything I've heard and found out of the web is favourable.

2. how is the ADF viewed by the general public?

Apart from the 2 above I can't think of much more to ask, other than to say hello again, and hopefully become a regular poster on here.

Gary & Caroline.
Old Mar 27th 2004, 1:10 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello, Questions?

I think there is someone who inhabits the forum who have or are transferring so hopefully they will see this message.

Just like to say hello and welcome
Old Mar 27th 2004, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Hello, Questions?

Many Thanks,

hopefully they'l read this message.
Attached Images  
Old Mar 27th 2004, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

pockygoes will become famous soon enough

welcome aboard. You will soon realise how addictive it is. Loads of useful info though.

Keep posting!

cheers

pockygoes
Old Mar 28th 2004, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

Thanks, hpefuuly if accepted I'll be there by the end of the year.

Old Mar 28th 2004, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya and welcome to the forum. Do you have any idea of where you are headed in Aus?
Old Mar 28th 2004, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

slowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud ofslowmacro has much to be proud of

hey glm36

hope you like the site. its really fun.....

i love it...

monkey girl
x
Old Mar 28th 2004, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

No idea yet, not to bothered really, It can't be worse than some of the places and holes I've lived in over the years I've been in the British army!

But, as with the Brit army you get to move every 2-3 years, so if we don't like a place we don't have to stay that long.
Attached Images