Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hello and Goodbye

Hello and Goodbye

Old Aug 28th 2005, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Hello and Goodbye

I haven't been on here much over the past two weeks. That is for a couple of reasons. Firstly I am finding the whole Australia thing is starting to get me down. I have tried all I can to sell my house (yes it is reasonably priced) yet the housing market around here is so slow at the moment that I can't see me selling any time soon. I have redecorated virtually the whole house, dropped the price by over £10k, spent money on the garden, had a new boiler fitted, bought new carpets and can't see what else I can do to make it more appealing appart from knock the thing down and rebuild it to the bizarre requirements of the potential buyers that I have had round

I am supposed to be starting my new job in Australia tomorrow but have had to inform them that I wont be arriving as planned. They have kindly offered to keep the job open for me until the end of the year, to be honest though, I'm starting to doubt whether I'll even be there for then!

Coming on here has kept my hopes alive and cheered me up no end. However, it does seem to be getting very negative on here with lots of snidey comments and senseless arguments. It doesn't seem to be as fun as it used to be (sorry if this has changed over the past couple of weeks ).
I have therefore decided to take a break for a while and try and get my life back on track and put Australia on the back burner for now before it totally takes over my life.

I don't plan to disappear totally just for a few more weeks. I just wanted to come back to say thanks for all the laughs and good advice. You are some of the most friendly , supportive people I have ever come across and amaze me at times with your sensitivity and kindness. I would also like to thank those who replied to my daughters posts and will pass on all the emails that were sent. I am sure she will be in touch soon .

I've noticed that there appears to be quite a few newbies on here since I last visited. Hello to you all and I hope you find this forum as helpful as I have

I'll hopefully be back soon, take care everybody and good luck to those who are waiting for TRAs, visas and house buyers. Fingers crossed.

Tracey
Old Aug 28th 2005, 8:52 pm
Professional Princess

Default Re: Hello and Goodbye

Originally Posted by tracey.d
I haven't been on here much over the past two weeks. That is for a couple of reasons. Firstly I am finding the whole Australia thing is starting to get me down. I have tried all I can to sell my house (yes it is reasonably priced) yet the housing market around here is so slow at the moment that I can't see me selling any time soon. I have redecorated virtually the whole house, dropped the price by over £10k, spent money on the garden, had a new boiler fitted, bought new carpets and can't see what else I can do to make it more appealing appart from knock the thing down and rebuild it to the bizarre requirements of the potential buyers that I have had round

I am supposed to be starting my new job in Australia tomorrow but have had to inform them that I wont be arriving as planned. They have kindly offered to keep the job open for me until the end of the year, to be honest though, I'm starting to doubt whether I'll even be there for then!

Coming on here has kept my hopes alive and cheered me up no end. However, it does seem to be getting very negative on here with lots of snidey comments and senseless arguments. It doesn't seem to be as fun as it used to be (sorry if this has changed over the past couple of weeks ).
I have therefore decided to take a break for a while and try and get my life back on track and put Australia on the back burner for now before it totally takes over my life.

I don't plan to disappear totally just for a few more weeks. I just wanted to come back to say thanks for all the laughs and good advice. You are some of the most friendly , supportive people I have ever come across and amaze me at times with your sensitivity and kindness. I would also like to thank those who replied to my daughters posts and will pass on all the emails that were sent. I am sure she will be in touch soon .

I've noticed that there appears to be quite a few newbies on here since I last visited. Hello to you all and I hope you find this forum as helpful as I have

I'll hopefully be back soon, take care everybody and good luck to those who are waiting for TRAs, visas and house buyers. Fingers crossed.

Tracey
Tracey dont lose heart, you will sell your house I bet, it might not be as soon as you would have liked but you will sell it.

Everything happens for a reason and you will get to Australia with your family.

I know we all need time away from here at times and it will do you good.

I bet when you do come back, it will be to report the date you fly out.

Have a good rest and take care.

Sam

Old Aug 28th 2005, 8:55 pm
Living our dream!!

fozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nice

Aahh, Tracey good luck and I hope things work out for you soon. Pop in now and again and maybe it will give you the encouragment you need.

Michelle

Sent you some K.
Old Aug 28th 2005, 9:04 pm
lor
BE Forum Addict

lor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond repute

As they say "things happen when you least exspect it"
Hope everything works out soon. If not sod the house and go anyway!
Old Aug 28th 2005, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

lovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nice

hey chin up
We are also having trouble selling our house. Dont think your alone, its just the way the market is at the moment, keep smiling and the sun will shine on you and youre
Good luck
Old Aug 28th 2005, 9:44 pm
BLC

Smile Re: Hello and Goodbye

Tracey, all I can say is good luck with everything, I understand all the hassles with your house sale and its frustrations It will come good in the end.

Honestly, do come on and post, I think the Forum has taken itself into a better place to what is has been, look at all the ways Professional Princess is cheering us up with her stories

Your input is valuable as those that are over in Australia, you can support the Newbies in so many ways.

Whatever you decide, I wish you and your family happiness and a speedy journey to your new life in Oz.

B xx

Old Aug 28th 2005, 9:47 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tracey,

Just to say we're here for you when you get back....I know how stressfull this whole business can be. Take time out, recharge your batteries and come back with renewed vigour. You're so close now, it will happen.

And anyway, who am I going to talk to a 5 in the morning???

D D
Old Aug 28th 2005, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

know how you feel tracey.d, enjoy the break and keep your chin up
Old Aug 28th 2005, 10:04 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

Tracey

dont be down hearted at least you know your job will be there for you when you do get there which im sure wont be too long now

jan & gaz xx
Old Aug 28th 2005, 10:06 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

The snidey side seems to come and go fairly regularly, you only notice it more when you are down yourself - Bit like PMT - everyone winds you up without trying

Relax, forget the house and a buyer will turn up. Time out, recharge those batteries and think only positive thoughts
Old Aug 28th 2005, 10:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

funkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant future

Tracey
Hang on in there girl, b4 you know it everything will fall into place, and you'll be in oz, laughing about what a bleedin nightmare you had trying to get out there!!!
Old Aug 29th 2005, 12:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

I know how you feel, we had our visas in our hands for a year before we were able to sell up & ship out. Things finally went through on the third sale, but only at the last minute & we had to rush to turn a validation trip into the real thing.
It can get you so down if you let it. It put us through so much stress & ruined our remaining time in the UK. Don't let it get to you (easier said than done I know). Concentrate on enjoying life in the UK, do all those things you've never got round to doing, enjoy time with friends & family, take photos. Make the most of it because it will happen, the house WILL sell at some point, maybe not next week but it WILL. Keep telling yourself that & try & remain positive.
2 1/2 years down the line, it was worth it and it seems like a distant nightmare.

Keep your chin up, the house tidy & a smile on your face!

Loopy
Old Aug 29th 2005, 6:09 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Sorry to hear you're fed up and leaving for a while Tracey, although I understand why

A break is sometimes what's needed, recharge yer batteries and come back fighting. Tomorrow's another day.

Good luck with the house selling. It will go, no house stays on the market forever. It's just a case of the right people coming along

Old Aug 29th 2005, 7:17 am
Jammy Dodger

floss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nice
Talking Re: Hello and Goodbye

Hi Tracey - sorry to hear that things are really getting you down, but I'm sure that taking a break will help you feel better and clarify how you feel both about going to Oz and about the forum.... I had one point when I couldn't begin to see how my Australian hubby could ever be pursuaded to go back, and coming onto the forum just seemed to rub salt in wound...... a couple of weeks thinking about something else and back I came - although I have found I am a little less obsessive about logging on 6 times a day!

The house we are now in - which we hope to be putting on the market sometime soon - was up for sale for 18 months before we bought it.... The owner had had one sale fall through at the beginning, and then nothing for about 14 months. The day we came to view it another couple also came to see it. Both of us put in full asking price offers and we ended up in a bit of a bidding war.... It only takes one viewer to put in an acceptable offer, and the whole thing shifts up a gear - and there is no telling when that viewer/s will come along.....

Good luck - and try to do fun non-house-selling/visa-getting things in the meantime..

p.s. please could you remind me of all of this when we are trying to sell our house in a few months!!!!
Old Aug 29th 2005, 8:56 am
BLC

Originally Posted by floss
Hi Tracey - sorry to hear that things are really getting you down, but I'm sure that taking a break will help you feel better and clarify how you feel both about going to Oz and about the forum.... I had one point when I couldn't begin to see how my Australian hubby could ever be pursuaded to go back, and coming onto the forum just seemed to rub salt in wound...... a couple of weeks thinking about something else and back I came - although I have found I am a little less obsessive about logging on 6 times a day!

The house we are now in - which we hope to be putting on the market sometime soon - was up for sale for 18 months before we bought it.... The owner had had one sale fall through at the beginning, and then nothing for about 14 months. The day we came to view it another couple also came to see it. Both of us put in full asking price offers and we ended up in a bit of a bidding war.... It only takes one viewer to put in an acceptable offer, and the whole thing shifts up a gear - and there is no telling when that viewer/s will come along.....

Good luck - and try to do fun non-house-selling/visa-getting things in the meantime..

p.s. please could you remind me of all of this when we are trying to sell our house in a few months!!!!
Floss, good to see you back

Thread hijack over

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.