Reload this Page >

Hello Everyone - Work!!!!!

Hello Everyone - Work!!!!!

Old Dec 5th 2004, 1:56 pm
I AM 1 PERSON-UNDERSTAND?

SherKhan66 will become famous soon enough
Default Hello Everyone - Work!!!!!

Hi

Just new to this site - arrived in Oz a month ago and so far loving it. Wife loves it too but so far we've had no luck finding work here. We think it's just the Xmas season but any words of reassurance? We don't have much money here so hope things will pick up in the job market soon?
I'm an office worker and my wife is a beautician.

We're John and Kim by the way!
Old Dec 5th 2004, 2:20 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hello Everyone - Work!!!!!

Originally Posted by SherKhan66
Hi

Just new to this site - arrived in Oz a month ago and so far loving it. Wife loves it too but so far we've had no luck finding work here. We think it's just the Xmas season but any words of reassurance? We don't have much money here so hope things will pick up in the job market soon?
I'm an office worker and my wife is a beautician.

We're John and Kim by the way!
Where are you in Oz SherKhan66?

Would that be Sher Khan the tiger or the Afghan ruler in N India?
Old Dec 5th 2004, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Where are you in Oz SherKhan66?

Would that be Sher Khan the tiger or the Afghan ruler in N India?
We've been in Sydney checking out the job opportunities but to be honest seems far too expensive to live there. We're moving on to Melbourne shortly though so fingers crossed.

Friend have told us that the job opportunities are better there.
Where are you deadmeat? worried we were being a bit hasty coming here just before xmas but having seen Sydney feel that we've done the wrong thing.
Old Dec 5th 2004, 2:35 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

We've been in Sydney checking out the job opportunities but to be honest seems far too expensive to live there. We're moving on to Melbourne shortly though so fingers crossed.

Friend have told us that the job opportunities are better there.
Where are you deadmeat? worried we were being a bit hasty coming here just before xmas but having seen Sydney feel that we've done the wrong thing.
Not a fan of big cities myself for exactly that reason. It's a tricky balance to find.

I'm in Chatham, North Kent, in the UK at the moment ... It's a nasty place but teaches you how to handle the occasional troublemaker that needs to be slapped-down
Old Dec 5th 2004, 2:51 pm

Not a fan of big cities myself for exactly that reason. It's a tricky balance to find.

I'm in Chatham, North Kent, in the UK at the moment ... It's a nasty place but teaches you how to handle the occasional troublemaker that needs to be slapped-down
I went to Chatham years and years ago and it seemed very pleasant and the people seemed decent. However, times change I suppose. It's obviously not for you hence why you're emigrating! Can Chatham really be that bad?
I can't believe that Chatham has become a troublesome place as it seemed so nice when we were there.

Seriously, anyone been to Chatham recently and found that there's trouble?
Old Dec 5th 2004, 3:01 pm
Account Closed

I went to Chatham years and years ago and it seemed very pleasant and the people seemed decent. However, times change I suppose. It's obviously not for you hence why you're emigrating! Can Chatham really be that bad?
I can't believe that Chatham has become a troublesome place as it seemed so nice when we were there.

Seriously, anyone been to Chatham recently and found that there's trouble?
I'm not emigrating because I don't like the place, I have other reasons ... but I won't be unhappy when I see the place disappear into the rear-view mirror.

I walked past two smashed car windows and a huge plant-pot embedded in a car windscreen last night so, yeh, I'd say there was trouble here.
Old Dec 5th 2004, 3:12 pm

I'm not emigrating because I don't like the place, I have other reasons ... but I won't be unhappy when I see the place disappear into the rear-view mirror.

I walked past two smashed car windows and a huge plant-pot embedded in a car windscreen last night so, yeh, I'd say there was trouble here.
Unbelievable. We left for various reasons and are still apalled that there are so few police on the streets. At this time of year, the only security you'll see is inside stores. We love the Uk but we both felt that it was time to get out and live a little.

Oz is not trouble free but seems safer (Are we getting old!) but it does and everyone seems friendlier and more respectful. Ok, we've only been here a month I suppose, so others on this site are in a better position to comment.

We have probs but we deffo love Oz!
Old Dec 5th 2004, 3:18 pm
Account Closed

Unbelievable. We left for various reasons and are still apalled that there are so few police on the streets. At this time of year, the only security you'll see is inside stores. We love the Uk but we both felt that it was time to get out and live a little.

Oz is not trouble free but seems safer (Are we getting old!) but it does and everyone seems friendlier and more respectful. Ok, we've only been here a month I suppose, so others on this site are in a better position to comment.

We have probs but we deffo love Oz!
I see plenty of police on the streets around here, I saw plenty last night that was for sure ... I don't think it's lack of policing that's the problem. I think it goes a bit deeper than that.

You can't escape human nature that's for sure, there will be idiots everywhere you go in the world ... especially in heavily populated areas ... just look at the internet as a reflection of the world, there are some serious mental cases around.
Old Dec 5th 2004, 3:29 pm

I see plenty of police on the streets around here, I saw plenty last night that was for sure ... I don't think it's lack of policing that's the problem. I think it goes a bit deeper than that.

You can't escape human nature that's for sure, there will be idiots everywhere you go in the world ... especially in heavily populated areas ... just look at the internet as a reflection of the world, there are some serious mental cases around.
Yes. Totally agree, you don't have to look very far do you!
Anyway, sad though the world is, have to hit the sack as is 3 am here and I'm knackered.
Raised glasses to everyone here hoping for a visa!
John