Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

hello everyone im a newbie!

hello everyone im a newbie!

Old Oct 27th 2005, 10:01 am
Just Joined

nikkip is an unknown quantity at this point
Question hello everyone im a newbie!

hi everyone im new and i was just wondering if someone would be able to help me. i am an eighteen year old girl and my mum, dawn, got her visa approved yesterday!im really excited and my boyfriend also wishes to come with me but he hasnt applied yet. he is going to apply through the TRA as he has a skilled job but my family and i are leaving in 9 months so there wont be enough time. can he apply for a working visa at the same time as applying through the TRA? please help me!i will appreciate any advice you have. thank you. xxx
Old Oct 27th 2005, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hello everyone im a newbie!

Originally Posted by nikkip
hi everyone im new and i was just wondering if someone would be able to help me. i am an eighteen year old girl and my mum, dawn, got her visa approved yesterday!im really excited and my boyfriend also wishes to come with me but he hasnt applied yet. he is going to apply through the TRA as he has a skilled job but my family and i are leaving in 9 months so there wont be enough time. can he apply for a working visa at the same time as applying through the TRA? please help me!i will appreciate any advice you have. thank you. xxx
That's great news about your visa - congratulations!

Assuming your boyfriend is about the same age as you, how about he goes on a 1 year working visa to see how he likes it first? Unyone under 30 can get one. I don't know the ins and outs of it, someone else would probably be able to advise you better, but it's an option worht considering, and a lot more feasible in the time frame you are talking about.

Good luck!
Old Oct 27th 2005, 10:06 am
Just Joined

hi thank you for your reply. do you know if he can apply for the two visas at the same time or does he have to wait until he is out in oz on a working visa to apply for permanent residency?
Old Oct 27th 2005, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

hi thank you for your reply. do you know if he can apply for the two visas at the same time or does he have to wait until he is out in oz on a working visa to apply for permanent residency?
I'm not 100% sure, so wouldn't like to say and get it wrong. 10 years ago my fiancé went on a working holiday and then the company he was working for sponsored him to stay. He actually made the decision to come back to Uk after a couple of years, but as far as I know he could have stayed on an ongoing basis if he had wanted to. I'm not sure if things are still the same now, or even if I have got that totally right, I would check it out with someone who knows for sure though.
Old Oct 27th 2005, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Have you checked that his skilled occupation is on the list? If he is the same age as you you might have a problem due to length of time he's been doing the trade I think (but again not sure)... Have you tried looking on the DIMIA website to see what options are available?
Old Oct 27th 2005, 10:50 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: hello everyone im a newbie!

he is 23 and been doing his job for four years so i think he should be alright just going to check with my mums agent.i will definitely look on that website. thankyou for all your help.
Old Oct 27th 2005, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

he is 23 and been doing his job for four years so i think he should be alright just going to check with my mums agent.i will definitely look on that website. thankyou for all your help.
Good idea. Talking to the agent will give you most accurate and direct answers. Good luck with it, hope it all works out for you
Old Oct 27th 2005, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of

Hello

You could try posting your question on the immigration section too, might get a better response.

On a one year working visa i think you can only do temp work for 3 months at a time, but dont quote me.

Laura
Old Oct 27th 2005, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lawlaw
Hello

You could try posting your question on the immigration section too, might get a better response.

On a one year working visa i think you can only do temp work for 3 months at a time, but dont quote me.

Laura
I think so too...
Old Oct 27th 2005, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: hello everyone im a newbie!

Hi my son went out to Australia on a 1 year working visa he signed on with a agency they got him a job and the company then sponsored him he worked for them for a few years and then applied for residency which he got he was 22 when he went out there Janet
Old Oct 28th 2005, 10:13 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold

thankyou for your help everyone. hopefully we can sort it out.