Hello Everyone

Old Jan 25th 2007, 10:48 am
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all
Default Hello Everyone

Oh my gawd why didn't i find this site two years ago.
Well hello Everyone, my name is Lisa and we are in the process of emigrating(why else would i be here).
I am married with two girls(12&9).
We have been talking about this for a little over 3 years now. We went on holiday 18months ago to Sydney and were hooked. My hubby Matt is a Landrover technician and got in contact with a few dealerships to check out jobs and they virtually bit his hand off so we know he won't have any probs getting a job. I on the other hand am just doing my level2 nvq in beauty therapy and also am hoping to do nail technician training ASAP(help on requirements in Australia would be helpfull).
We sorted out our TRA (came through in just over two weeks) april last year. We were sorting out With the help of our wonderful visa agent Polly The next step, filled out the huge 130 odd question form all ready to send off and my Nana gets ill(and i am very close to her) it still hasn't been sent off, Polly has it but we have put it on hold as my Nana is still in hospital.
Well ok that was a big intrduction to me, i do rattle on.
I really do need an outlet as my friends and family are very delicate about this whole thing so having a place to come to will be great.
Thanks everyone
Lisa
xxxx
Old Jan 25th 2007, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello Everyone

Hi Lisa,

Sorry to hear about your Nan, I hope she will be OK. A very big welcome to you, this is the place we can all come to with our questions - big and small - and nobody minds one bit. Have a look in all the forums there are some great people about who are only to pleased to help out or just look in the barbie for some general chat with some like minded people. Good luck with your application
S xx
Old Jan 25th 2007, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

leechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by LisaD_uk
Well hello Everyone, my name is Lisa and we are in the process of emigrating(why else would i be here).
We have been talking about this for a little over 3 years now. We went on holiday 18months ago to Sydney and were hooked. My hubby Matt is a Landrover technician and got in contact with a few dealerships to check out jobs and they virtually bit his hand off so we know he won't have any probs getting a job. I on the other hand am just doing my level2 nvq in beauty therapy and also am hoping to do nail technician training ASAP(help on requirements in Australia would be helpfull).
We sorted out our TRA (came through in just over two weeks) april last year. We were sorting out With the help of our wonderful visa agent Polly The next step, filled out the huge 130 odd question form all ready to send off and my Nana gets ill(and i am very close to her) it still hasn't been sent off, Polly has it but we have put it on hold as my Nana is still in hospital.
I really do need an outlet as my friends and family are very delicate about this whole thing so having a place to come to will be great.
Thanks everyone
Lisa
xxxx

Hi Lisa,

welcome to BE. I know what you mean about not been able to discuss things with friends and family. They do tend to be quite sensitive on the subject. Also I don't think they can't understand the highs and lows of the whole visa process, so it's good to get on here and vent your frustrations, ask for help and share your highs and excitement, cos we all understand!!!

Hope your Nan is better soon.

Nicky x
Old Jan 26th 2007, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone
Lisa
xxxx
Welcome Lisa. Get it all off your chest. Good listeners, one and all
Old Jan 26th 2007, 1:08 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone
Lisa
xxxx

Hi and welcome
Old Jan 27th 2007, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

lisaxxx will become famous soon enoughlisaxxx will become famous soon enough

Hello Lisa
I know what you mean about family being sensitive, my mum would'nt acknowledge us coming to Australia and after 23 yrs she has finally stopped asking us when are we coming home!!!!
Where are you hoping to settle in Australia?
lisaxxx