Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hello Everybody (Heading to Cairns??)

Hello Everybody (Heading to Cairns??)

Old Mar 7th 2008, 8:31 am
Just Joined

kylee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello Everybody (Heading to Cairns??)

I just wanted to say hello to everyone. Myself, OH, and daughter have just started looking into the whole immigration process.
We have booked a holiday to go and have a good look around the Cairns area in October as we have friends there. Then if all goes well we will start the visa application sometime next year.
My husband is a qualified Carpenter and has been in the same job for 13 years, so we will apply for the skilled 175 visa.
Are many of you on here heading for Cairns? and for those of you who have already moved there what do you think?
Also is there a good demand for trades like my husbands?

Any advice, tips, experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kylee
Old Mar 7th 2008, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Bushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant future
Default Re: Hello Everybody (Heading to Cairns??)

I've spent time in Cairns and it's lovely. Cairns is quite a laid back quiet town so if your looking for a busy city, Cairns is a no, no. You can walk down cairns main drag on a Saturday afternoon and it can be very quiet, which is nice as people are enjoying there life instead of working. The surrounding area's are beautiful, from the Atherton Tablelands, to the gorgeous beaches to the north (watch out for the box jellyfish during some months and the crocs all year round). Oh, I nearly forgot...Also The Great Barrier Reef to the East! There's lots to explore in all directions and some beautiful rainforests up at Daintree. The weather is great depending what you like. It will be hot and sticky during the wet season and warm and dry during the dry. Although us Brits hate the rain, it can be quite refreshing on some days in the dry. Be prepared for plenty of rain between December and March, but it will still be 25 - 30 deg.