Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hello all - a newbie here

Hello all - a newbie here

Old Apr 23rd 2009, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Strawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to beholdStrawberry is a splendid one to behold
Default Hello all - a newbie here

We are going to Canada this year for a holiday/recce because originally it was there we would like to emigrate, BUT my hubbies job is not on list of "in demand" occupations. We also thought about Australia as we have distant relatives over there, we looked at Visa options and found Hubbies job is on both lists to apply for perm Visa and we have enough points. Thing is, We've never been, and only just started researching this possibility. Now then, we still have a business to sell, and are looking at coming over early next year, possibly to see for ourselves.

I have been looking on the net and like the look of the Southern end of Aus mainly because I don't fancy tropical climate (please tell me if this is wrong) but is say Adelaide or Melbourne more temperate than the north??? Is the climate easy to adapt to, and are these areas good for family life - we have 4 kids. We love beaches and scenery, with plenty of walks and parks etc.

Sorry for long first thread, but thanks in advance for any replies.

M
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello all - a newbie here

Melbourne has a temperate climate with four seasons of the year. Summer we can have some very hot days though but not weeks of them. This year it was very hot for a few days hence our fires in the country but that was unusual.

Nice beaches depends where you are intending to live as Melbourne is a very large sprawling place for instance we live over hundred kilometres from the airport.

There is a lot of information on the web about Australia and its climate and also the different places to live.

Its not humid in Melbourne which is a bonus.

New Zealand has a cooler climate if you like the weather a lot cooler.