Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hello all, my first post

Wikiposts

Hello all, my first post

Old Oct 17th 2004, 1:33 am
BE Enthusiast

chippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to all
Default Hello all, my first post

Hello everyone,

My name is dave and i,m a carpenter from manchester.The other half is called samantha and we have 2 little girls aged 5 & 6.I,ve been looking at the site for a while now and now my typing has speeded up a bit i thought i,d get posting with you lot.Anyway we will hopefully get our visa around march /april next year.We,re not 100% on where to go yet either Brissy or Perth,my job prospects are miles better on the east coast but we were in Perth earlier this year and we loved it.A nice dilema to have some people dont get chance to even try what we are do they.

ok bye for now dave
Old Oct 17th 2004, 1:49 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello all, my first post

Welcome to the forum Dave,

We've been North of Brissie since November of last year, can't believe how time has flown, guess we must be having fun
Sean's a ceramic tiler and I work alongside him as his TA (bitch)

Best of luck with your application

Debbie
Old Oct 17th 2004, 3:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi & welcome

Early days for us Visa application will go off any day now!

If all goes well will be heading for Brisbane, did thinks about Perth but now 100% Brissie

Welcome & Good luck

Sue2
Old Oct 17th 2004, 3:55 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the forum.

You're right about it being a nice dilemma, good luck with whatever you decide.

I can recommend Brisbane as I'm useless at DIY.

Cheers
Matt
Old Oct 17th 2004, 5:53 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum, Dave (and Samantha!),

Bit biased on where to go as we're hopefully off to Melbourne!!!

Good luck on where you finally decide to move to.

D D
Old Oct 17th 2004, 6:05 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Dave and Samantha,
Welcome to the forum. It's a very useful place to hang around, I love it. Andrew, my fiance is a carpenter and joiner too. His work prospects are much better than mine so like you we have the option of moving wherever we choose. If I can't get a teaching job, it won't be the end of the world. I'll do something else instead. Good luck with your visa application.
Sarah
Old Oct 17th 2004, 6:55 am
Cheeky

Hi Dave and Samantha and your little uns!

Big welcome to the forum!

Good luck with your visa app!

Regards, Cheeky!

Old Oct 17th 2004, 7:12 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Guys.

Good luck with it all.

We're off to Brissy coz of the job prospects.

Paul.
Old Oct 17th 2004, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Ushas will become famous soon enough

Welcome to the madhouse Dave and Samantha.

I'm an Oz citizen and hubby has just this week had his PR granted. We're heading off to Perth in January. He's in IT and already has a job lined up. I am a teacher and plan to go back to the education department.

I could be completely biased and say pick Perth, pick Perth. But I won't. As I've lived there most of my life I can heartily recommend it, but then I've never spent time in Qld.

But welcome anyway.

Ush
Old Oct 17th 2004, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice
Talking Re: Hello all, my first post

Originally Posted by Ushas
Welcome to the madhouse Dave and Samantha.

I'm an Oz citizen and hubby has just this week had his PR granted. We're heading off to Perth in January. He's in IT and already has a job lined up. I am a teacher and plan to go back to the education department.

I could be completely biased and say pick Perth, pick Perth. But I won't. As I've lived there most of my life I can heartily recommend it, but then I've never spent time in Qld.

But welcome anyway.

Ush
welcome to the site we too are off to Brisbane next year
We are meeting up with others from the northwest next saturday at the salt cellar wacky warehouse at middlewich (on the roundabout just off the motorway why not come along
it is a first Northwest meet we are all in the same boat and havnt met each other yet just chatted on line should be f un hope you can make it
Mary and Stu
Old Oct 17th 2004, 8:47 am
At last! We're here!!!

alison_g is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Dave and Sam
We are Kevin, Alison Bethany(13) and Alec(9) and we are off to Brisbane in the next few weeks. We like you wondered whether to go to Perth or Brissie and having lived in both Cities before, knew that both had alot to offer! We have decided on Brisbane for various reasons... not as remote as Perth ... much more work and higher wages (hubbie an electrician) .. and I have some family in Brisbane also....
Good luck with the visa app and with the decision making!!
Alison
Old Oct 17th 2004, 9:08 am
Carramar Perth

Springo is on a distinguished road

Welcome Dave & Sam

We are going to Perth when that lovely visa comes through, hopefully Jan/Feb.

Hubby is a Ceramic Tiler, have friends in Perth and also visited and absolutely fell in love with it.

Good luck

Julia
Old Oct 17th 2004, 10:51 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chippy dave
Hello everyone,

My name is dave and i,m a carpenter from manchester.The other half is called samantha and we have 2 little girls aged 5 & 6.I,ve been looking at the site for a while now and now my typing has speeded up a bit i thought i,d get posting with you lot.Anyway we will hopefully get our visa around march /april next year.We,re not 100% on where to go yet either Brissy or Perth,my job prospects are miles better on the east coast but we were in Perth earlier this year and we loved it.A nice dilema to have some people dont get chance to even try what we are do they.

ok bye for now dave
Hi, Welcome to the site - it's great for both info and a chat - you'll meet some nice people online - enjoy.
Hope you can make the Middlewich meet - hopefully I'll see you there.
I'm leaving early/mid Jan - going to Melbourne.
Cas
Old Oct 17th 2004, 11:11 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings and salutations!

Most of us here are relatively harmless and toilet-trained, and even known to say nice things to other members. So may I be the first, er....I mean, twelfth person to say, welcome to the forum!

Tony.

Last edited by tonyk38; Oct 17th 2004 at 11:53 am.
Old Oct 17th 2004, 11:46 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chippy dave
My name is dave and i,m a carpenter
My wife used to buy Carpenter records......think they were called logs

Welcome m8