Hello all

Old Jan 1st 2007, 4:28 pm
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough
Default Hello all

Hi , just joined the forum although been lurking for a few months .

Just wanna say hello to all and tell you a tad about where i'm at ....

still in the UK , thinking seriously about a move to oz with my wife & 2 kids

both of us have professional qualifications & have got a bit fed up of things here , weather , lack of social structure locally just stuff like that .

we are to see a consultant in the next few weeks to have a chat about the hows , whens & of course how much .

we don't know really where to start & any help would be greatly appreaciated .

wishing everyone a happy new year and best wishes

Scott & Rachel
Old Jan 1st 2007, 5:48 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello all

Originally Posted by scott&rachel

we don't know really where to start
http://www.immi.gov.au is a good start
Old Jan 1st 2007, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future

Hi there

Welcome to BE We will soon have you hooked - its like a drug, you get withdrawals if you dont get your daily fix. Why dont you tell us a little bit more and we will see if we can point you in the right direction, i'll start. I am a midwife and my hubby is a nurse. We have two children aged 2 and almost 5 and are heading out to Adelaide hopefully this year. We have found the process up to now pretty straight forward and are not using an agent, Andy (hubby is the main applicant).

Lindsey
Old Jan 1st 2007, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

jackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nice

Hi, As Lindsey has said you will soon be a regular on here, we have a look most days to see what everyone has to say and ask a few things ourselves!!!
We started off back in November 2005, when I put in for a skilled assessment with the Australian Nursing board. We chose global visas as they seemed reasonably cheap for an agent and I have to say have been brilliant throughout the entire process.
They informed us at each stage what to get ready and what paperwork to prepare. It made life abit easier for us as we are both fulltime workers.
Once the skilled assessment for the 136 visa came back we applied.
It has been a rollercoaster year which Im sure alot of people would agree with. Emotions are all over the place and families find it hard, so you have to stay focused on your goal if thats what you really want.
We are flying out to Brisbane on 19th June but it took alot of research to decide on the area.
If its what you really want then go for it. You will find this site a godsend. It has been to us!
Just keep the questions coming and there will be plenty of people ready to answer them. All the Best J and J
Old Jan 1st 2007, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

Nikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud of

Hi there

Jackie and Lindsay are both right, you might not post every day but you will log on and have a look every day - its addictive!!!! You'll already have found this forum to have a wealth of info available and mostly everyone is dead helpful. John and I are both early 30's and he's an accountant (hence the reason we're getting in!!!), me I'm a housing officer (not sure if there's much call for them in Oz but they get me as part of the deal!!!) We're heading off to Perth on 29 April (16 weeks on sunday!!!) and the info we've found on this forum has been invaluable.

We didnt use an agent, but depending what type of Visa you're applying for you might find this a better option, we were the 136 skilled and John found it fairly easy, said you just had to take your time.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Nikki
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 12:47 pm
Account Closed

Hi to all again & thanks for your replies .
It is a journey that we are just embarking on now that xmas is out of the way although it has been in our minds for quite a few months now .
our reasons for using an agent is because we don't know where to start really , we need to ask questions as well . i suppose once you get off the mark things will fall in to place .

we are both in our 30s (35/33) with 2 children (10/3) .
both of us have profesional qualifications , i am a trained vehicle mechanic and Rachel is a fully qualified Management Accountant to cima & maat level .

we now have an appointment on the 19th Jan with a guy from four corners emigration .

regards ,
Scott
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

bethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nice

hi there where abouts in lincolnshire are you from?

we are from cleethorpes, we are moving to brisbane in september, i am a nurse and hubby is a fitter, we also have two children 4 and 19 months.
Good luck
Beth
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 3:10 pm
Account Closed

Hi Beth , thats great , how long has it taken you to get this far ?
Brisbane is favorite on our list too , not sure why it just is .

we are near to Sleaford

all the best ,
Scott
Old Jan 5th 2007, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

bethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nice

Hi Beth , thats great , how long has it taken you to get this far ?
Brisbane is favorite on our list too , not sure why it just is .

we are near to Sleaford

all the best ,
Scott
hi there,
our visas have taken nine months to the day, so quite quick, we did a rekkie last january and loved brisbane, cant wait to get back, we also went to new zealand to rule that out, easy as!! nz was horrid, (jusy my opinion), we started our application the day after we got back!!
Good luck
Beth and Neil
Old Jan 5th 2007, 5:00 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bethandneil
hi there,
our visas have taken nine months to the day, so quite quick, we did a rekkie last january and loved brisbane, cant wait to get back, we also went to new zealand to rule that out, easy as!! nz was horrid, (jusy my opinion), we started our application the day after we got back!!
Good luck
Beth and Neil
hi there and welcome to the boards, we found the search facility very useful.........and we posted question after question about the journey of getting the VISA.......we hope to be sending ours off end of Jan,

Fingers Crossed good luck on your journey.

Chase your dreams, grab them hold them tight and never let them go!!!!!
Old Jan 9th 2007, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

Bianca UK-OZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bethandneil
hi there where abouts in lincolnshire are you from?

we are from cleethorpes, we are moving to brisbane in september, i am a nurse and hubby is a fitter, we also have two children 4 and 19 months.
Good luck
Beth
Hi Beth
I am posting from Manchester. Was wondering if you can pm me regarding your hubbies application for the TRA assessment. My hubby is going to put his assessment through soon, and need some pointers of what they WANT to see on experience for fitter . He has been doing fitter work for 6/7 years now, and Mech Technician for 5 years, last years have been fitter work. We have 3 children. Do you have PR already, validated and all?
Bianca
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 3:47 pm
Account Closed

Hi to all again & thanks for your replies .
It is a journey that we are just embarking on now that xmas is out of the way although it has been in our minds for quite a few months now .
our reasons for using an agent is because we don't know where to start really , we need to ask questions as well . i suppose once you get off the mark things will fall in to place .

we are both in our 30s (35/33) with 2 children (10/3) .
both of us have profesional qualifications , i am a trained vehicle mechanic and Rachel is a fully qualified Management Accountant to cima & maat level .

we now have an appointment on the 19th Jan with a guy from four corners emigration .

regards ,
Scott
Well went to see fourcorners and things went smooth ... 136 visa is the way in & put our minds at rest about jobs when we arrive and spoke about all sorts of things they can do for us , contacts , cv's ,ect .

just think their price was a tad on the expensive side ...3.5k so we plan to ring a few others and compare

then we will go for it i am sure

Scott .
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 3:52 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Well went to see fourcorners and things went smooth ... 136 visa is the way in & put our minds at rest about jobs when we arrive and spoke about all sorts of things they can do for us , contacts , cv's ,ect .

just think their price was a tad on the expensive side ...3.5k so we plan to ring a few others and compare

then we will go for it i am sure

Scott .
We were quoted that figure too, and we decided to go it alone.

We passed our TRA no probs, and are just waiting on some lil bits of info then that should be on its way.

The ppl on here can give you stacks of advice, help and info for what to do/write/type etc, and there is alot who have done it alone !!!

good luck just ask they are a mass of info, we were in the same position last year and now we are here just about to send off our VISa App.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 4:19 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

[
Scott & Rachel[/QUOTE]

Hello, good evening and welcome !

Dave
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 5:20 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Scott

We have chosen agent we felt we did not have the time to do it ourselves with both of us working and the amount of after school stuff the kids do and so far its been brilliant with absolutely no complaints.

There are 5 of us applying me, OH. kids 17, 13, 11 it is costing including VAT £2173. If I had the time or the inclination I feel I could do it myself there are so many people willing to help on here who fall into the same category as us, but to be honest I feel its money well spent.

We have friends using four corners and they are full of praise for them but I agree with you they seem a little bit expensive.

Good luck with your decision

Kaye

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.