Hello to all...

Old Dec 15th 2006, 10:51 am
The Murphsters

The Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to all
Default Hello to all...

Hello!

I have been writing a few posts this last couple of weeks and realised that i have not really said hello and introduced myself yet. And as things are starting to look more and more likely that we will be going to Aus soon i am absolutely papping myself!!. So this site is becoming a huge comfort to us in helping us understand what to expect once we get there, so thanks to everyone who contributes.

Me and my wife Sara (mid 30's - no kids yet) look like we will be in Brisbane in Feb, i will be going on a 457 with a job offer that i have only really had confirmed this week. Visa's should hopefully be applied for by Monday as soon as my employer gets their side of things done.

Our biggest worry is that we are leaving behind a really good social life and good friends in the UK and are nervous about being in a place where we know no-one. So i am hopeful that we will be making full use of the meet-ups that you guys seem to have now and again.

Anyway, thanks again.

Gary
Old Dec 15th 2006, 12:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Clan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello to all...

Originally Posted by The Murphsters
Hello!

I have been writing a few posts this last couple of weeks and realised that i have not really said hello and introduced myself yet. And as things are starting to look more and more likely that we will be going to Aus soon i am absolutely papping myself!!. So this site is becoming a huge comfort to us in helping us understand what to expect once we get there, so thanks to everyone who contributes.

Me and my wife Sara (mid 30's - no kids yet) look like we will be in Brisbane in Feb, i will be going on a 457 with a job offer that i have only really had confirmed this week. Visa's should hopefully be applied for by Monday as soon as my employer gets their side of things done.

Our biggest worry is that we are leaving behind a really good social life and good friends in the UK and are nervous about being in a place where we know no-one. So i am hopeful that we will be making full use of the meet-ups that you guys seem to have now and again.

Anyway, thanks again.

Gary
Welcome mate its good to have you on board we got our visa yesterday and we also will hopefully be moving to brisbane in feb, bit worried about the leaving the social life bit, if I was you I would go into the articals section and read some of the previous peoples reports it will open your eyes more than the official government info, the only people we have heard of coming back are those who miss friends and family back home. It will probably take time to build up a new social scene, I know that as we left friend and family 12 years ago when we moved to england and we have never got that back or got used to it.
Good luck see ya on the sunny side.
Old Dec 15th 2006, 12:26 pm
The Murphsters

The Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to all

Thanks CF,

Have read quite a few posts both good and bad of live in Aus, from what i can see you get back what you put in. It takes some effort i think but worth it in the end.

Just seen your post on the 'Noel Gallagher' topic, hopefully have a drink in the Celtic supporters club!

Thanks
Gary
Old Dec 15th 2006, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

jayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nice

Originally Posted by The Murphsters
Hello!

Anyway, thanks again.

Gary
Good luck Murphsters, hope all goes well for you.

Jay