Hello All

Old Jun 28th 2004, 3:59 pm
Senior Stella Member

Plug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nice
Default Hello All

I have posted here a few times before but only recently have we become serious about making the move. I would like to ask some advice from those of you, who have been this route before, anything you can provide would be appreciated.

I have done some research, mainly by badgering the agencies without committing funding!! I have decided to go for a 139 (Skilled Designated Area Sponsored) as my wife has an Uncle in Wellington Point Brisbane and I don't have the hassle of a skills assessment, I'm going for Project Admin as I'm a Project Manager with an MA in Management Studies.

I'm married with three children (15mth Boy, 6yr Girl, and 8yr Boy), living in Hertfordshire, working in West London. The big ambition is to make a permanent move to the Brisbane/Gold/Sunshine Coast area by the end of 2005. Anyone in the engineering project management field there? We initially intend to stay with the relatives whilst seeking out rented accommodation - has anyone done this - how difficult was it to find somewhere - guess it depends on schooling etc...

I'm just about to get my degree and birth certificate copies certified could a head teacher sign these? - My GP is a back up but will charge!! Also, my sponsor will be my assurer, can he fill in the forms (28 and 80) prior to my DIMIA application or do I wait for them to request it? I guess it's best for him to print the forms in Oz and post them to us for inclusion.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll be back for more advice/encouragement but anything insights you can provide would be most welcome.
Old Jun 28th 2004, 6:01 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello All

Originally posted by Plug
I have decided to go for a 139 (Skilled Designated Area Sponsored) as my wife has an Uncle in Wellington Point Brisbane and I don't have the hassle of a skills assessment, I'm going for Project Admin as I'm a Project Manager with an MA in Management Studies.
Hi, welcome to the forum!

I'm wondering why you don't have to do a skills assessement?

Or am I mixed up?

Here it says you have to nominate a skilled occupation:
http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/ski...htm#desig_area
And here that you have to have a skills assesment from the relevant assessing authority:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1121i.pdf

Good luck
Can't help with the questions, sorry!

Simone
Old Jun 28th 2004, 6:24 pm
Senior Stella Member

Plug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nice

Hi Simone,

I think I'm right in saying that Vetassess look at qualifications only, to see if they are equivalent to the Australian requirements for your nominated occupation from the job list. I was initially applying with AIM for a Senior Management position but they required masses of evidence that I had influence over company strategy etc...

I'm hoping my degree will be sufficient to pass as an equivalent to whatever the Oz requirements are for a Project Admin.

Vetasses have some good stuff on their website

www.vetassess.com

regards - Mark
Old Jun 28th 2004, 7:00 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

I think I'm right in saying that Vetassess look at qualifications only, to see if they are equivalent to the Australian requirements for your nominated occupation from the job list. I was initially applying with AIM for a Senior Management position but they required masses of evidence that I had influence over company strategy etc...
Mark, from what I've hear AIM is very tough so if you have the option of going via Vetassess, take it!! Just make sure that your degree and experience is relevant to the ASCO code you submit with your Vetassess app.
Good luck!
Old Jun 28th 2004, 7:17 pm
Now in Mandurah

Pauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the rough

I have posted here a few times before but only recently have we become serious about making the move. I would like to ask some advice from those of you, who have been this route before, anything you can provide would be appreciated.

I have done some research, mainly by badgering the agencies without committing funding!! I have decided to go for a 139 (Skilled Designated Area Sponsored) as my wife has an Uncle in Wellington Point Brisbane and I don't have the hassle of a skills assessment, I'm going for Project Admin as I'm a Project Manager with an MA in Management Studies.

I'm married with three children (15mth Boy, 6yr Girl, and 8yr Boy), living in Hertfordshire, working in West London. The big ambition is to make a permanent move to the Brisbane/Gold/Sunshine Coast area by the end of 2005. Anyone in the engineering project management field there? We initially intend to stay with the relatives whilst seeking out rented accommodation - has anyone done this - how difficult was it to find somewhere - guess it depends on schooling etc...

I'm just about to get my degree and birth certificate copies certified could a head teacher sign these? - My GP is a back up but will charge!! Also, my sponsor will be my assurer, can he fill in the forms (28 and 80) prior to my DIMIA application or do I wait for them to request it? I guess it's best for him to print the forms in Oz and post them to us for inclusion.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll be back for more advice/encouragement but anything insights you can provide would be most welcome.

We are going skilled Designated Area Sponsered and we had to have Skills assessed ????

No I don`t think you can get a head teacher to sign, solictor, JP, dr etc...

So Good luck

Pauline and JOhn
Old Jun 28th 2004, 7:29 pm
Pauline

> I have posted here a few
times before but only recently have we become serious about making the
move. I would like to ask some advice from those of you, who have been
this route before, anything you can provide would be appreciated.
    >
    > I
have done some research, mainly by badgering the agencies without
committing funding!! I have decided to go for a 139 (Skilled Designated
Area Sponsored) as my wife has an Uncle in Wellington Point Brisbane and
I don't have the hassle of a skills assessment, I'm going for Project
Admin as I'm a Project Manager with an MA in Management Studies.
    >
I'm married with three children (15mth Boy, 6yr Girl, and 8yr Boy),
living in Hertfordshire, working in West London. The big ambition is to
make a permanent move to the Brisbane/Gold/Sunshine Coast area by the
end of 2005. Anyone in the engineering project management field there?
We initially intend to stay with the relatives whilst seeking out rented
accommodation - has anyone done this - how difficult was it to find
somewhere - guess it depends on schooling etc...
    >
    > I'm just about to
get my degree and birth certificate copies certified could a head
teacher sign these? - My GP is a back up but will charge!! Also, my
sponsor will be my assurer, can he fill in the forms (28 and 80) prior
to my DIMIA application or do I wait for them to request it? I guess
it's best for him to print the forms in Oz and post them to us for
inclusion.
    >
    > Anyway, I'm sure I'll be back for more
advice/encouragement but anything insights you can provide would be most
welcome.

We are going skilled Designated Area Sponsered and
we had to have Skills assessed ????

No I don`t think you can get a head
teacher to sign, solictor, JP, dr etc...

So Good luck

Pauline and JOhn

--
Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jun 28th 2004, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottalison6 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi..can't remember which bit but the headteacher at my daughters school signed some stuff for us...dunno if thats much help!!!

cheers

scott
Old Jun 28th 2004, 7:37 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Simone,

I'm hoping my degree will be sufficient to pass as an equivalent to whatever the Oz requirements are for a Project Admin.

Vetasses have some good stuff on their website

www.vetassess.com.au

regards - Mark
Ah, right!
Yeah, looks quite easy!
Good luck!
Old Jun 28th 2004, 7:38 pm
Senior Stella Member

WMOORE,

I had a lot of initial correspondence with AIM (without paying!). I sent then an assessment of the last five years Project Management experience and they said I did not have enough influence over the long term company strategy - sounds like they are looking for director level and above! I'm not worried about the points as it's a 139 visa, so Project Admin with only 40 points should be OK.
Old Jun 28th 2004, 7:47 pm
Senior Stella Member

Pauline,

Thanks for the reply. What occupation have you applied for? I'm assuming I will send a copy of my degree and birth certificate - I can only find an application on Vetassess for qualification assessment - am I missing the plot, do I need to send them some experience summary also? I'm only looking for 40 points and Project Admin is closest to my profession. Guess I need to look into this a bit further but I did get an email from Vetsasses saying they will only compare my degree with the Oz equivalent to see if it's close.
Old Jun 28th 2004, 7:48 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

WMOORE,

I had a lot of initial correspondence with AIM (without paying!). I sent then an assessment of the last five years Project Management experience and they said I did not have enough influence over the long term company strategy - sounds like they are looking for director level and above! I'm not worried about the points as it's a 139 visa, so Project Admin with only 40 points should be OK.
Yeah they after after seriously senior people. Managers of managers and so on.... Like I say, if you have the other option (and it sounds like you do ) then go for it!

Good luck.
Old Jun 28th 2004, 8:01 pm
Now in Mandurah

Pauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the rough

Pauline,

Thanks for the reply. What occupation have you applied for? I'm assuming I will send a copy of my degree and birth certificate - I can only find an application on Vetassess for qualification assessment - am I missing the plot, do I need to send them some experience summary also? I'm only looking for 40 points and Project Admin is closest to my profession. Guess I need to look into this a bit further but I did get an email from Vetsasses saying they will only compare my degree with the Oz equivalent to see if it's close.

We are going on Carpenter/ Joiner, so I don`t know if it makes any difference in the way you are going !!!!!!

I thought you still had to have your skill assess but the what do I know?????

If Vetsasses said they are only going to compere, so are they telling you something!!!!!