Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hello again........

Hello again........

Old Jun 28th 2006, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Innyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud of
Default Hello again........

Hello All....

Just a little catch up really to let you know how we're getting along. We moved out to Perth in July 2004. Bought a house in Fremantle, both got jobs pretty easily and began to dig the life. We were dazzled by the wonderful weather, the beaches etc etc etc.....

After I reckon about 9 months we began to get really fed up. Fed up of not really earning very much, not really be being able to go out that much, and generally regretting ever moving out to Australia in the first place.

We put our house in Fremantle on the market in June 2005 and sold it a couple of months later. We landed in Heathrow in October 2005, saw the grey skies and thought, shit, what have we done........? That feeling lasted about two months as winter set in, but once past xmas, things improved. We rented a house, both got jobs and bought a nice big house last month.

My point, if there is one....... Don't be afraid to make the decision to come home if you want. It's not the end of your life, you haven't thrown everything away. We now have better jobs than before we went out to Oz, We earn about five times the amount when we were in Oz, we are less stressed, my wife's pregnant, England are in the quarters......life's good.......

Good luck to you all IJ xxxx
Old Jun 28th 2006, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

wren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to all
Default Re: Hello again........

Originally Posted by Innyjim
Hello All....

Just a little catch up really to let you know how we're getting along. We moved out to Perth in July 2004. Bought a house in Fremantle, both got jobs pretty easily and began to dig the life. We were dazzled by the wonderful weather, the beaches etc etc etc.....

After I reckon about 9 months we began to get really fed up. Fed up of not really earning very much, not really be being able to go out that much, and generally regretting ever moving out to Australia in the first place.

We put our house in Fremantle on the market in June 2005 and sold it a couple of months later. We landed in Heathrow in October 2005, saw the grey skies and thought, shit, what have we done........? That feeling lasted about two months as winter set in, but once past xmas, things improved. We rented a house, both got jobs and bought a nice big house last month.

My point, if there is one....... Don't be afraid to make the decision to come home if you want. It's not the end of your life, you haven't thrown everything away. We now have better jobs than before we went out to Oz, We earn about five times the amount when we were in Oz, we are less stressed, my wife's pregnant, England are in the quarters......life's good.......

Glad it all worked out in the end, best wishes for family life

And I wonder if in a few years time you'll be posting that you are moving back to Oz for a better quailty of family life
Old Jun 28th 2006, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Innyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wren
Glad it all worked out in the end, best wishes for family life

And I wonder if in a few years time you'll be posting that you are moving back to Oz for a better quailty of family life
Hmmmm, I wouldn't put your house on it......

Thanks for that, and good luck to you too.
Old Jun 28th 2006, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Hello again........

interesting to know - - - maybe 9 mths is a fair time?
Old Jun 28th 2006, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

dolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud ofdolly123 has much to be proud of
Wink Re: Hello again........

Originally Posted by Innyjim
Hello All....

Exactly what i believe in. Gr8 luck with new arrival in famiy. Life is all about changing. To live fully we must change and adapt to changes around us.
Go ahead and enjoy every moment although taxes are too high.....
Old Jun 28th 2006, 2:54 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Glad for you guys - thanks for filling us in.