Hello

Old Mar 10th 2006, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

djfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nice
Default Hello

Just joined this site and what a mine of information - Just applied for my visa through an agent and writing up for my TRA at the moment. Got a million and one questions which will all have been asked a million and one times before. Going out to Melbourne in July to do a recce. The main thing I want to know is How long does the visa process take - I've heard anything from 6 months to two years - Is that right?
Old Mar 10th 2006, 9:52 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello

Originally Posted by djfbug
Just joined this site and what a mine of information - Just applied for my visa through an agent and writing up for my TRA at the moment. Got a million and one questions which will all have been asked a million and one times before. Going out to Melbourne in July to do a recce. The main thing I want to know is How long does the visa process take - I've heard anything from 6 months to two years - Is that right?
Depends on so many things - particularly the kind of visa you're applying for.
Old Mar 10th 2006, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

Matt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to beholdMatt Sabin is a splendid one to behold

Hi bug...just moved from Bristol to Melbourne a month ago. Why do people do recce's?? It's fab over here - don't waste the money on a recce just get over here asap. It's warm, there's friendly people, great food, amazing wine, it's cheap, there's amazing places to visit, beautiful scenery, great places to stay, loads of sports, opportunities to do things like sailing etc which is just too difficult in the UK, great transport with the trams, so many bars and restaurants, wonderful seafood, lovely beaches, swimming in the sea after work...do you want me to carry on?
Old Mar 10th 2006, 10:01 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello and welcome

Been in Melbourne for 14 months, and adore it

Been on this forum for what seems half my life !!!

My 136 SI modl took 5 months to get front-loaded
Old Mar 10th 2006, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

djfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nice

Matt - No dont carry on mate its gonna be hell now we've made our minds up to do it

Caroline - thanks for the welcome

Hutch I'm applying for a skilled independent visa
Old Mar 10th 2006, 10:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Matt - No dont carry on mate its gonna be hell now we've made our minds up to do it

Hello and welcome to the madhouse that is BE.

Skilled indepent visa's take between 6 and 9 months on the conservative side, also depending on wheter you are MODL or not. Obviously MODL is quicker. Ours has taken 17 months - start to finish (electrician). But 3 months to apply for the TRA and 3 months for the decision (now being done in less than a month)

The hardest part is by far the skills recognition. Which trade/skills do you have??

Good luck
Old Mar 10th 2006, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by WendyC
Hello and welcome to the madhouse that is BE.

Skilled indepent visa's take between 6 and 9 months on the conservative side, also depending on wheter you are MODL or not. Obviously MODL is quicker. Ours has taken 17 months - start to finish (electrician). But 3 months to apply for the TRA and 3 months for the decision (now being done in less than a month)

The hardest part is by far the skills recognition. Which trade/skills do you have??

Good luck
I have engineering machinist skills - apprentice trained
Old Mar 10th 2006, 10:40 am
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome to the looney bin
I'm sure you you will get all the answers to all your questions on here + more.
Hold on tight and enjoy the ride
Old Mar 10th 2006, 10:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I have engineering machinist skills - apprentice trained

Do you have to go through the TRA or Engineers Australia??

TRA are coming back quite quickly, don't really know about the other.

Good Luck though
Old Mar 10th 2006, 10:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by WendyC
Do you have to go through the TRA or Engineers Australia??

TRA are coming back quite quickly, don't really know about the other.

Good Luck though
Ignore that, I've just reread your first post
Old Mar 10th 2006, 10:52 am
Account Closed

Where around Melbourne are you considering ?
Old Mar 10th 2006, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Where around Melbourne are you considering ?
Dont know yet - we are staying with some friends in Glen Iris before picking up a camper to have a good look round. Trouble is only got three weeks and I realise we probably need treble that
Old Mar 10th 2006, 11:27 am
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold

Hi and welcome to b.e,
You'll get all the info you need on here My friend,really helpfull lot.
I've recently got my tra back in no time at all,same trade as you,same job by the sound of it!!
good luck
Old Mar 10th 2006, 11:30 am
Account Closed

Dont know yet - we are staying with some friends in Glen Iris before picking up a camper to have a good look round. Trouble is only got three weeks and I realise we probably need treble that
Too right !
We love Elsternwick - great location near St Kilda, CBD and Elwood & Brighton beaches; buzzy main street with good sense of community, but quiet residential area close by.

Course it depends what you like/want..
Old Mar 10th 2006, 12:30 pm
Staying in BoxHill

chessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Matt Sabin
Hi bug...just moved from Bristol to Melbourne a month ago. Why do people do recce's?? It's fab over here - don't waste the money on a recce just get over here asap. It's warm, there's friendly people, great food, amazing wine, it's cheap, there's amazing places to visit, beautiful scenery, great places to stay, loads of sports, opportunities to do things like sailing etc which is just too difficult in the UK, great transport with the trams, so many bars and restaurants, wonderful seafood, lovely beaches, swimming in the sea after work...do you want me to carry on?
Hi there, we are from Bristol and I am due to fly to Melbourne next Saturday ahead of the wife. I need to look for rented accomodation no more than 15kms outside of the CBD and that has easy access to the CBD by train/tram or both. Can you suggest anything?

We have a dog, no kids and in our early 30's so nothing to quiet I think!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.