Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hello ... 1st post !

Wikiposts

Hello ... 1st post !

Old Jul 23rd 2004, 2:38 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold
Default Hello ... 1st post !

Hi to everyone.

This is my first post. Let me introduce myself. I'm Bryan. I'm married to Bernie (Bernadette not Bernard ) and we have a 23 month old boy Lewis. We already have our visa (skilled independent courtesy of the wife who is a hairdresser) and validated it in February. We are planning to go sometime in the 2nd half of 2005 (my twin brother has decided to get married in May 2005 so we thought we might as well wait for that, very inconvenient of him , otherwise we might have been in Oz by now). Still trying to decide where to go in Oz. Was initially thinking of Melbourne or Sydney as these would be best for me to get a job. I'm in IT (Application Developer) but realise it will probably be difficult to get an IT job in Oz. Bernie has already had numerous hairdressing job offers from all over Oz from having her details on the TRA database so may go somewhere other that Melbourne and Sydney.
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 2:41 am
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Hello ... 1st post !

Originally posted by BAY
Hi to everyone.

This is my first post. Let me introduce myself. I'm Bryan. I'm married to Bernie (Bernadette not Bernard ) and we have a 23 month old boy Lewis. We already have our visa (skilled independent courtesy of the wife who is a hairdresser) and validated it in February. We are planning to go sometime in the 2nd half of 2005 (my twin brother has decided to get married in May 2005 so we thought we might as well wait for that, very inconvenient of him , otherwise we might have been in Oz by now). Still trying to decide where to go in Oz. Was initially thinking of Melbourne or Sydney as these would be best for me to get a job. I'm in IT (Application Developer) but realise it will probably be difficult to get an IT job in Oz. Bernie has already had numerous hairdressing job offers from all over Oz from having her details on the TRA database so may go somewhere other that Melbourne and Sydney.
You wont have any trouble getting work in Sydney or Melbourne. Theres a shortage of IT skills. Have a look at he PDF here

http://www.workplace.gov.au/Workplac...53D533,00.html
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 2:58 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Bay, good to see another member to join the ranks...you'll find out most things you need to know here on this site. And a lot of stuff you really didn't need to know, but enjoy finding out nonetheless
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 3:02 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Hi Bryan,

Welcome to the site!! Just like Bundy says, it can be very informative and also full of a lot of useless stuff. Worth hanging around for all the same!
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 3:07 am
Soon to be Visas holders

pete n lisa is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome aboard BAY,

This is where it all starts, once you get on here you get hooked in and will never get of your pc! Any more questions just ask, loads of people on here with alot of info.

Best of luck
Lisa n Pete x
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 3:13 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to the mad house!!

Walla
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 3:37 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Bryan and Bernie welcome to the madhouse, there are some very helpful people on here who have given me loads of great advice.

I think the majority of members are heading for Perth.

It must be strange planning to leave your twin behind, does he have any plans to join you?

Kind Regards
ACE
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 4:14 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by ACE
Bryan and Bernie welcome to the madhouse, there are some very helpful people on here who have given me loads of great advice.

I think the majority of members are heading for Perth.

It must be strange planning to leave your twin behind, does he have any plans to join you?

Kind Regards
ACE
No my twin has no plans to join me but he is looking forward to having somewhere to stay for free when he visits Australia on holiday.
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 4:28 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

welcome, welcome., welcome.

If undecided can I please suggest you come to Perth (only cos I need a good hairdresser ) Plenty of IT jobs as well, but Perth has serious shortage of good hairdreessers.

went to supposedly best hairdresser in Perth, paid loadsa money but stilll not happy with haircut. If wifie is good at what she does can earn more than you in IT. (my hairdresser is on $62000k pa, dread to think what the owner is making !!!!!)

edited for spelling errors
(too much red wine - apologies for pished status)

Last edited by Mairi&Chris; Jul 23rd 2004 at 4:35 am.
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 4:46 am
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

Hi Bryan and Bernie

Welcome to the very addictive madhouse, your lives will never be the same again.

We are heading to the region of Mandurah later this year and within twelve months, hopefully, I will be opening a hairdressing salon so if you head down that way and Bernie is looking for work let me know. It sounds like good hairdressers are hard to come by so we could get a roaring trade being the brilliant hairdressers that we are!!!!!! LOL

Best of luck

Lindsey
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 4:54 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by lindseyden
Hi Bryan and Bernie

Welcome to the very addictive madhouse, your lives will never be the same again.

We are heading to the region of Mandurah later this year and within twelve months, hopefully, I will be opening a hairdressing salon so if you head down that way and Bernie is looking for work let me know. It sounds like good hairdressers are hard to come by so we could get a roaring trade being the brilliant hairdressers that we are!!!!!! LOL

Best of luck

Lindsey

Please, please plesse. PM me when you get here. Am willing to travel to have good 0hairdreeser .
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 6:33 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Bay and family,

welcome to the forum.
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 7:31 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to this forum

I will endorse what the rest say.......please come here and cut my hair, if I had the nerve I would photograph and show you my latest cut???? But then I am cheap and paid for a cut and chop in a shopping centre, I paid the same as I would have done in the UK - I am horrified. Lucky hubby has a steady hand and can trim and also colour and highlight!

Enjoy your time getting over here.....a journey and time not to be forgotten!
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

I cut and blow dried a lady's hair the other day who has lived just outside Mandurah for 30 years, she's back here on holiday. She was really pleased with the result but what she was very surprised with was the price. She said it was a lot cheaper than Aus (£16.00) what on earth do they charge over there. Could anyone give me some ideas of cuts, blow dries, set, perms and colours etc? I'm not from your top notch city salon but give a good cut and a good service.

Lindsey
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 7:55 am
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Mairi&Chris
my hairdresser is on $62000k
LOL! That's quite some salary! Maybe I should give up the ol' IT!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.