Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Helensvale High & Primary School????

Helensvale High & Primary School????

Old Aug 28th 2009, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

LIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond repute
Default Helensvale High & Primary School????

Can anyone with experience tell me if its as good as I hear.

We have to move out of our rental in Oct and were looking at Helensvale to relocate to (from Pac Pines).

Anyone?????

Thank you

LibbyX
Old Aug 28th 2009, 10:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

garyp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Helensvale High & Primary School????

Sorry to be of no use libby but I am sure someone will help shortly but I have a question.
Why are you moving from Pacific Pines to Helensville? Is it due to lack of rentals or that you didnt like it? Interested as I am looking at Pacific Pines.
Gary
Old Aug 29th 2009, 2:59 am
BE Enthusiast

LIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond repute

Love Pac Pines garyp.....just not a fan of the high school here (my opinion!)

My Eldest will be going up in a couple of years to high school and though it a good opportunity to move there.

There is nothing wrong with Pac Pines at all, I love the place and it has everything you need here.

LibbyX
Old Aug 29th 2009, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

lyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant future

Hi Libby

we too are looking to relocate to that area in Oct - Nov time..... so we too would be interested on opinions...

i have a few friends over there and one has moved her children from PP high in to a private school in coomera and another one loves the school but has only been there for a short time... but both familys love pacific pines

when we get there we will be looking at (i think)

Pacific Pines and their high school
Helensvale and their high school
coomera and their private ( we have heard bad reports of this state school too)

as we have a 17 year old we dont want to move her around too much.

any help on the above would be appreciated ... sorry i could not help on the schools but ust wanted to add friends opinion on PP high too...
Old Aug 29th 2009, 10:35 am
Just Joined

gmen30 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lyndhurst
Hi Libby

we too are looking to relocate to that area in Oct - Nov time..... so we too would be interested on opinions...

i have a few friends over there and one has moved her children from PP high in to a private school in coomera and another one loves the school but has only been there for a short time... but both familys love pacific pines

when we get there we will be looking at (i think)

Pacific Pines and their high school
Helensvale and their high school
coomera and their private ( we have heard bad reports of this state school too)

as we have a 17 year old we dont want to move her around too much.

any help on the above would be appreciated ... sorry i could not help on the schools but ust wanted to add friends opinion on PP high too...
happy for you to PM me regarding schools, i manage a servcie that has links with all local high schools on coast

hugs gina
Old Aug 29th 2009, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

I have 2 boys. Eldest (15) is in year 10 at Helensvale High School and youngest (10) is in year 5 at Helensvale Primary School.

On the whole, I have been happy with their schooling since arriving from the UK in January. Eldest is a clever lad who came from a single sex catholic grammar school in the UK so it was a massive shock to him to arrive at a mixed sex comp in a new country. All has gone well though and he has settled well. I have heard various stories about other high schools in coomera and pac pines and (this is just my opinion) Helensvale seems to have far less of the "hoon" element. 2 families we know of are looking into moving their boys from the coomera state high school to Helensvale.

The primary school is lovely and I have helped out there a few times. It is quite disciplined which I think is a good thing and they are big on "respect". The head is due to retire soon so no doubt there will be some changes but they are unknown as yet.

Hope this helps,

Ren x
Old Aug 29th 2009, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

My friends kids go there and she is very pleased with it
Old Aug 30th 2009, 5:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks to everyone who replied to my question.

Sounds like a good school by your reponses...now could you tell everyone else its rubbish so we can get a place there

LibbyX
Old Aug 30th 2009, 7:51 am
A roo in my top paddock!

Dreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of light

My son has been at Helensvale Primary since May 2008 when we moved over here and has enjoyed it,made some great buddies and is doing well.
He is due to move schools Jan 2010 but will be going to Trinity (private) as he has got a scholarship there.No other reason really.
All of his friends from primary are moving up to Helensvale Secondary so it must be ok.
Best of luck...its a minefield!
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 1:20 am
Just Joined

swappingstates is an unknown quantity at this point

we are selling up in SA and moving to the Gold Coast. We are looking at Helensvale, Pacific Pines and Upper Coomera areas can anyone shed some light on the state primary and high schools please. Feel free to pm me.

Thanks we have two boys aged 10 and 15

Lee
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

Holbrob is an unknown quantity at this point

My eldest will be starting Prep @ Helensvale in January. Only heard good thiongs about the school and the staff i have spoken to seen to be nice. He is looking forward to starting anyway, next son will be the year after and daughter will follow 2 years after.