Helensvale ???

Old Nov 3rd 2005, 1:23 am
Forum Regular

jarv is on a distinguished road
Default Helensvale ???

Hi
Anyone living in Helensvale ???
We are looking to move down from Brissie to the gold coast and like the look of H.Vale.
Anyone out there got any feedback about the place ?
Any comments very welcome.

Thanks

Dave + Kerry
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 1:49 am
Banned

Willy Wonka is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Helensvale ???

Hi,

Spot on area, good links to everywhere,gold coast, M1 to bris,
train blah blah blah.

some mature areas, some new, only a small amount though.
Good schools,new westfield shopping centre,

Pm me if you want some more advice on property, rentals, buying etc.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 2:23 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jarv
Hi
We are looking to move down from Brissie to the gold coast and like the look of H.Vale.

Thanks

Dave + Kerry
Hi, follow this link and pm this user.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/member.php?userid=14872

Dave and his family live in Pacific Pines and their daughter goes to Helensvale High School. He loves it up there (unless things have changed ?!?)

I'm not sure how much he visits BE these days, but posted only recently so you should make contact ...

I was out there in July and liked what I see. ONLY drawback (if one!) was there was NO new property being built, or land for sale. Everywhere is quite established, which obv has it's benefits.

Last edited by Paul2004; Nov 3rd 2005 at 3:39 am.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 3:37 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jarv
Hi

Thanks

Dave + Kerry
Do a search mate on there and Pacific Pines and you'll find plenty on it recently.

We're moving out of there tomorrow as it's too quiet for us, but plenty like it there.

I'll see if I can find the link.

Paul.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 4:04 am
Banned

Originally Posted by diddy
Do a search mate on there and Pacific Pines and you'll find plenty on it recently.

We're moving out of there tomorrow as it's too quiet for us, but plenty like it there.

I'll see if I can find the link.

Paul.

Where is too quiet helensvale or PP
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 4:26 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Willy Wonka
Where is too quiet helensvale or PP
Helensvale, although I couldn't live in PP either. That's not to say that plenty of people don't like it there. We've always lived near the city/town centre and the suburbs were a big mistake for us. The same would go if we were in the UK. We like to be able to walk from the house and see life.

Paul.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 4:36 am
Banned

Helensvale, although I couldn't live in PP either. That's not to say that plenty of people don't like it there. We've always lived near the city/town centre and the suburbs were a big mistake for us. The same would go if we were in the UK. We like to be able to walk from the house and see life.

Paul.

I lived in Cleveland for a bit, thinking that would offer some action, it did, at weekends, during the week it was still like gods waiting room
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 4:43 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

I lived in Cleveland for a bit, thinking that would offer some action, it did, at weekends, during the week it was still like gods waiting room
Yeah, we looked at Cleveland. It's a very nice spot, but I know what you mean about God's waiting room.

Paul.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 4:45 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

Paul.
Where have you moved to??

Good luck with the move
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 4:59 am
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, we're looking to move to Helensvale or Coomera early next year, love the area. As for schools, my bro in law works at Helensvale and would send his kids there if he had any.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 5:17 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

Originally Posted by woodyinoz
Where have you moved to??

Good luck with the move
Southport.

It's got everything we want within walking distance as my other half doesn't drive. The downside is for the price of a house in Helensvale, we can only rent a Unit in Southport.

Paul.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 5:23 am
Banned

taxi is not that expensive,
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 5:33 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Southport.

It's got everything we want within walking distance as my other half doesn't drive. The downside is for the price of a house in Helensvale, we can only rent a Unit in Southport.

Paul.

I'm no way NEAR getting to Oz ... but I CAN see why you might want to be closer to Southport over PP or Helensvale.

We looked at Ashmore, Robina etc etc for it's location, can't beat it! ... but at the same time do want to buy when we get there ... and you just get SOOOO much more for your money up in PP, H, Coomera etc.

i can quite easilly live with the 20 - 30 min drive to the water personally, but then I am a mere 'wannabe Ozzie' so prob best ignore this post ...
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 5:43 am
Banned

dude,

personal preference thing I have gone for PP,

and got alot for my money, not everyones cup of tea,
mine included initially but when i looked around, it had a lot to offer in the affordability stakes,

water isnt far away, and sanctury cove and all the other places are around the corner,

Lifestyle is differnet here , I am finding it hard to adjust, as I have lived close to everything, and it sure is a shock, no matter who you are.

20km's is not far to drive, to surfers paradise GC central
might be if you argue whose drinking and whose turn it is to drive--

is that is a familiar sketch.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 6:00 am
Account Closed

dude,

personal preference thing I have gone for PP,

and got alot for my money, not everyones cup of tea,
mine included initially but when i looked around, it had a lot to offer in the affordability stakes,

water isnt far away, and sanctury cove and all the other places are around the corner,

Lifestyle is differnet here , I am finding it hard to adjust, as I have lived close to everything, and it sure is a shock, no matter who you are.

20km's is not far to drive, to surfers paradise GC central
might be if you argue whose drinking and whose turn it is to drive--

is that is a familiar sketch.

Hey you have the Tavern and they sell Stella on the pump! ... ... altho yeah seriously I DID drive around the likes of PP, Hel, Coomera etc and wonder 'what is there to do ?!?'

To be honest, for me as much as 'what you get for your money' IS a big factor to us, so is kids schooling.

We checked out and went round prob most schools in the middle to upper end of The Gold Coast, and NONE impressed us more than the Upper Coomera State High School (seems so long ago I'm not even 100% on the name ... altho prob more cos I've had a vew shandy's ...

Anyway, as I say the kids school IS a top priority, and we looked round the school there, spoke to kids who go there, and ALL was good ...

I dunno your situ with kids and all that, but to be honest aprt from the private schools (we can't afford as arriving WITHOUT PR) we didn't see much avail in the Southport area ...

Sorry, took so long you've prob fallen asleep! ... LOL, which I need to do.

Will be interested to catch up after ... tho ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.