British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Heavy Goods theory test Brisbane (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/heavy-goods-theory-test-brisbane-541671/)

gormac Jun 7th 2008 12:01 am

Heavy Goods theory test Brisbane

Hi All we arrived in Brissy last week all good i,v just found out that i have to do theory test anyone out there done it just to give me a idea what to expect i,v held hgv for years so may be a bit rusty on the theory bit Thanks in advance

polo Jun 7th 2008 3:15 am

Re: Heavy Goods theory test Brisbane

I done it a couple of years ago, it involved 10 multiple choice questions, at that time I also had to do theory for car licence and bike. Passed the bike and truck first time and failed car twice. They have changed the car licence part I think and just transfer the UK to Aus licence.

Had to resit the HGV practical, 20 years since I had to do that.

gormac Jun 7th 2008 4:59 am

cheers but why did you have to sit heavy goods practical again

Stitch Jun 7th 2008 6:53 am

Originally Posted by gormac (Post 6443616)
cheers but why did you have to sit heavy goods practical again

Think Fluffy sat the test when he came out.

Cheers

Ginny

polo Jun 7th 2008 7:36 am

The HGV or LGV is not recognised here and you must resit the practical. Qld Transport told me this when I arrived. My work required me to have an MR licence, (Medium Rigid) so went to local driving school. They thought it was ridiculous that since I had a Class 1 I had to re do the test. They checked again with Qld Transport but I had to do it. Not sure what it cost as my employer picked up the bill , I had to have a couple of lessons and then I hour test.

gormac Jun 8th 2008 2:02 am

Originally Posted by polo (Post 6443761)
The HGV or LGV is not recognised here and you must resit the practical. Qld Transport told me this when I arrived. My work required me to have an MR licence, (Medium Rigid) so went to local driving school. They thought it was ridiculous that since I had a Class 1 I had to re do the test. They checked again with Qld Transport but I had to do it. Not sure what it cost as my employer picked up the bill , I had to have a couple of lessons and then I hour test.

I have just been to qld transport and they told me i have got to do theory test and thats it

wayne/kerrie Jun 10th 2008 9:52 am

hi ya gormac
i have been living in north queensland for 2 yrs now and like yourself had to do the theory test and resit the driving test also. its crazy really they let you loose for 3 months then you have to pass a test to show you can drive

polo Jun 20th 2008 10:34 am

:confused:

wayne/kerrie Jun 23rd 2008 11:08 am

why confussed
i was just pointing out that you have to do the theory and practical tests but you are able to drive on your uk licence for 3 months.

polo Jun 23rd 2008 11:24 am

Originally Posted by wayne/kerrie (Post 6494638)
why confussed
i was just pointing out that you have to do the theory and practical tests but you are able to drive on your uk licence for 3 months.

Sorry not confused with you, it was regarding a thread "HGV query Brisbane". A similar post.