Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Heavy Goods theory test Brisbane

Heavy Goods theory test Brisbane

Old Jun 7th 2008, 12:01 am
Forum Regular

gormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nice
Default Heavy Goods theory test Brisbane

Hi All we arrived in Brissy last week all good i,v just found out that i have to do theory test anyone out there done it just to give me a idea what to expect i,v held hgv for years so may be a bit rusty on the theory bit Thanks in advance
Old Jun 7th 2008, 3:15 am
Just Joined

polo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Heavy Goods theory test Brisbane

I done it a couple of years ago, it involved 10 multiple choice questions, at that time I also had to do theory for car licence and bike. Passed the bike and truck first time and failed car twice. They have changed the car licence part I think and just transfer the UK to Aus licence.

Had to resit the HGV practical, 20 years since I had to do that.

Last edited by polo; Jun 7th 2008 at 3:18 am.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 4:59 am
Forum Regular

gormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nice

cheers but why did you have to sit heavy goods practical again
Old Jun 7th 2008, 6:53 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gormac
cheers but why did you have to sit heavy goods practical again
Think Fluffy sat the test when he came out.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jun 7th 2008, 7:36 am
Just Joined

The HGV or LGV is not recognised here and you must resit the practical. Qld Transport told me this when I arrived. My work required me to have an MR licence, (Medium Rigid) so went to local driving school. They thought it was ridiculous that since I had a Class 1 I had to re do the test. They checked again with Qld Transport but I had to do it. Not sure what it cost as my employer picked up the bill , I had to have a couple of lessons and then I hour test.
Old Jun 8th 2008, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by polo
The HGV or LGV is not recognised here and you must resit the practical. Qld Transport told me this when I arrived. My work required me to have an MR licence, (Medium Rigid) so went to local driving school. They thought it was ridiculous that since I had a Class 1 I had to re do the test. They checked again with Qld Transport but I had to do it. Not sure what it cost as my employer picked up the bill , I had to have a couple of lessons and then I hour test.
I have just been to qld transport and they told me i have got to do theory test and thats it
Old Jun 10th 2008, 9:52 am
sullysdownunder

wayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to behold

hi ya gormac
i have been living in north queensland for 2 yrs now and like yourself had to do the theory test and resit the driving test also. its crazy really they let you loose for 3 months then you have to pass a test to show you can drive
Old Jun 20th 2008, 10:34 am
Just Joined

Old Jun 23rd 2008, 11:08 am
sullysdownunder

wayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to behold

why confussed
i was just pointing out that you have to do the theory and practical tests but you are able to drive on your uk licence for 3 months.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 11:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by wayne/kerrie
why confussed
i was just pointing out that you have to do the theory and practical tests but you are able to drive on your uk licence for 3 months.
Sorry not confused with you, it was regarding a thread "HGV query Brisbane". A similar post.