Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Heaven!! Its grey wet cold and raining.

Heaven!! Its grey wet cold and raining.

Old Oct 17th 2004, 8:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Heaven!! Its grey wet cold and raining.

Who got rain then?? Just south of Noosa we got steady stuff during the night, hardly enough to kill a drought but the air is fresh, the grass is already slightly greener which shows just how brown it was, the dust that has plagued us for months has stopped dead, for a while the bushfire risk will be low.

Long may it continue, well at least till my next concrete pour
Old Oct 17th 2004, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future
Default Re: Heaven!! Its grey wet cold and raining.

Its absolutely bucketing down here on the Gold Coast. Nice rain too, started off light to dampen down and wet the soil, but we had continuous steady rain hrough the night.
Old Oct 17th 2004, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

ianp will become famous soon enoughianp will become famous soon enough
Talking Re: Heaven!! Its grey wet cold and raining.

It was raining most of the night in Maroochdore
its still drizzling now ..

seems odd not putting the sunnys on !!!
Old Oct 18th 2004, 2:41 am
BE Enthusiast

ScuntoBris will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ianp
It was raining most of the night in Maroochdore
its still drizzling now ..

seems odd not putting the sunnys on !!!
Got the coat out, superb! (and put it on)
Old Oct 18th 2004, 2:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

I am going to have to try and remember how to empty some water from the pool. Its been so long since I have had to do that!
Old Oct 18th 2004, 5:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trevglas
I am going to have to try and remember how to empty some water from the pool. Its been so long since I have had to do that!

Pool overflowing here too now. Converstation of the day seems to be "how many inches" people have had
Old Oct 18th 2004, 5:17 am
Just Joined

pluma is an unknown quantity at this point

Working on the new Southport hospital (Goldcoast) , it was that bad...... got sent home , on full pay !

all the best plum
Old Oct 18th 2004, 5:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Just the sort of day plumbers normally do
Old Oct 18th 2004, 5:46 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Just about to get our second storm of the day here
Old Oct 18th 2004, 6:09 am
Just Joined

pluma is an unknown quantity at this point

I resent that remark .......Billabong.......!!!!!!!!

I worked dam hard , for the hour i was there ......

All the best a very wet plumber.....
Old Oct 18th 2004, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

CornishPasty is on a distinguished road

I was actually amazed how I stood watching out the window this morning before work, mesmirised by the rain. It was if i had never seen it before! Wierd, its only been 7 months!
Old Oct 18th 2004, 6:45 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by CornishPasty
I was actually amazed how I stood watching out the window this morning before work, mesmirised by the rain. It was if i had never seen it before! Wierd, its only been 7 months!
You didn't see the rain last January then ?

Rainfall today - 26.2mm (so far, Brisbane Airport area) http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/dwo/ID...9.latest.shtml

Rainfall 15th Jan 2004 - 91mm (Brisbane Airport area) http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/dwo/20...0.200401.shtml

It can get wetter But it is nice rain

Old Oct 18th 2004, 11:16 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pluma
I resent that remark .......Billabong.......!!!!!!!!

I worked dam hard , for the hour i was there ......

All the best a very wet plumber.....
It's true though aint it?
Thought you plumbers were used to getting wet, all those leeks
Old Oct 18th 2004, 11:29 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Never thought I'd see the day but yes, 8 months here and I was very happy to see the rain. Theres been a constant smell of fire here for the last week or two, which feels quite menacing (and gives my 6 year old nightmares) hurray for the rain, it feels like October!
Old Oct 18th 2004, 11:34 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mcmercer
Never thought I'd see the day but yes, 8 months here and I was very happy to see the rain. Theres been a constant smell of fire here for the last week or two, which feels quite menacing (and gives my 6 year old nightmares) hurray for the rain, it feels like October!
Funny thing is up here everyone has prayed for rain for at least a month or so [since tanks started running dry] We called in the pub tonight and the topic of conversation was not "thank the lord it's raining" it was "bloody grass is gonna grow now" and they say poms whinge!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.