Heating water?

Old Jun 22nd 2006, 11:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Heating water?

Ok, so we know all about the heating situation from you all already there so I've been thinking obviously the water must be heated electrically, right? isn't that expensive? I just remember years ago, before getting married, my Mom used to moan if the immersion was left on too long
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 12:20 am
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all
Default Re: Heating water?

Depends on how old the house is that you'll be living in. The new ones have to have this 5 star energy rating and our water is heated by solar panels and then if there isn't enough solar the gas kicks in. It's a great system and keeps the bills down.

Lorraine
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 3:06 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed Solar is the way forward. Many new builds will actually put in gas as standard option and solar is an upgrade. For most gas will mean actually purchasing large gas cylinders which sit at the side of the house as opposed to the piped gas in the UK.

Obviously solar is not only more environmentally friendly but also will pay for itself over time. The latest solar systems dont have a tank on the roof anymore but rather have them underslug in the roof cavity with the panels sitting nicely flush on the roof.

I found these comparisons on cost comparing electric to solar with an electric booster averaged year round. Costs are per 1/4.

HOT WATER Sydney Melbourne Brisbane
Electric 7.2t/$280 9.5t/$270 7.0t/$280
Solar 0.5t/$20 0.7t/$20 0.3/$10
SAVINGS $260 $250 $270
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 4:16 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Heating water?

Originally Posted by curly
Ok, so we know all about the heating situation from you all already there so I've been thinking obviously the water must be heated electrically, right?
Not necessarily. I had a gas hot water system back home, and so did most of the people I knew.

It wasn't a boiler; it was a Bosch Water Wizard.

Connected to the gas mains, it heats up the water at source. No gas bottle, no boiler; just instant hot water whenever you need it.

They're pretty cheap, too; and low-maintenance.

Last edited by Vash the Stampede; Jun 23rd 2006 at 4:23 am.
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 10:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks folks, sounds ok

N