Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

hearing loss and mining

hearing loss and mining

Old Mar 3rd 2010, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

bex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nice
Default hearing loss and mining

Hi
does any one know if you would be exempt from working in the mines ( above ground) if you have a small degree of hearing loss

cheers

Bex
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 6:49 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hearing loss and mining

Originally Posted by bex 66
Hi
does any one know if you would be exempt from working in the mines ( above ground) if you have a small degree of hearing loss

cheers

Bex
Mine working usually requires a medical as a pre-requisite to working in this kind of environment.The medical will determine if all is OK. If it's not bad, don't worry mate
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bex 66
Hi

cheers

Bex
Hi Bex,

I suffer from industrial deafness and I've worked for several mining companies over the years without any problems.

The medical will vary from company to company, some demand hearing tests and some don't. Almost all of them will demand Drug and Alcohol tests.

I believe that the hearing test is mainly to determine your hearing ability before starting work for the company, in case of later compensation claims.

Best of luck with the job.

Last edited by Hino; Mar 3rd 2010 at 10:07 pm.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

bex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nice

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Mine working usually requires a medical as a pre-requisite to working in this kind of environment.The medical will determine if all is OK. If it's not bad, don't worry mate
PARDON....... sorry couldn't help my self
thanks for your reply
Bex
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hino
Hi Bex,

I suffer from industrail deafness and I've worked for several mining companies over the years without any problems.

The medical will vary from company to company, some demand hearing tests and some don't. Almost all of them will demand Drug and Alcohol tests.

I believe that the hearing test is mainly to determine your hearing ability before starting work for the company, in case of later compensation claims.

Best of luck with the job.
thanks for the reply sounds reassuring

Bex