Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Health Insurance making me sick

Health Insurance making me sick

Old Mar 24th 2003, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

parrot is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by yafm
To set your mind at rest about the probable cost of medication for you (hat may not be covered by nsuance) go the www.yellowpages.com.au and look under pharmacist in the main town where you wish to live e mail them and ask for the cost of "the medication" and you should get a helpful reply I did as I am permanently on thyroxine.

Hi, I too am permanently on thyroxine and and wondered if you could let me know how much it would cost. I'd forgotten about that as an expense seeing as we don't have to pay for it here. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks, Parrot
Old Mar 24th 2003, 9:30 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Originally posted by parrot
Hi, I too am permanently on thyroxine and and wondered if you could let me know how much it would cost. I'd forgotten about that as an expense seeing as we don't have to pay for it here. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks, Parrot

Hi Parrot

I was told by a pharmacy in Sydney thyroxine 50mg quantity 200 is priced at $12.92. and this was confirmed by another one in Campbelltown. Not bad price really as this amount wpould cover me for 6 weeks

Yvonne
Old Mar 24th 2003, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

parrot is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by yafm
Hi Parrot

I was told by a pharmacy in Sydney thyroxine 50mg quantity 200 is priced at $12.92. and this was confirmed by another one in Campbelltown. Not bad price really as this amount wpould cover me for 6 weeks

Yvonne
Thanks Yvonne. It's good to get an idea of roughly what it will cost. i can't imagine Melbourne being much different from Sydney in terms of prices. Something else I can cross off my list!
Parrot
Old Mar 24th 2003, 10:42 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Originally posted by parrot
Thanks Yvonne. It's good to get an idea of roughly what it will cost. i can't imagine Melbourne being much different from Sydney in terms of prices. Something else I can cross off my list!
Parrot

Don't forget to add to that cost the visit to the GP (between $20-$30) I am told he/she will give you two prescriptions at a time - one post dated or called repeat!