Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

health insurance?????

health insurance?????

Old Aug 6th 2010, 10:08 pm
Just Joined

priscillapresley has a spectacular aura aboutpriscillapresley has a spectacular aura aboutpriscillapresley has a spectacular aura about
Default health insurance?????

how do i arrange health insurance in england to emigrate to oz? we are being sponsored and av jobs in the royal brisbane but need proof of med insurance to e-mail to emplyer but when iv tried to take this out the sites are asking for address details as if we already live in oz! any suggestions???????
Old Aug 7th 2010, 3:02 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: health insurance?????

Originally Posted by priscillapresley
how do i arrange health insurance in england to emigrate to oz? we are being sponsored and av jobs in the royal brisbane but need proof of med insurance to e-mail to emplyer but when iv tried to take this out the sites are asking for address details as if we already live in oz! any suggestions???????
Do you mean the Health Insurance that you are required to have a for a 457? If so, have a read here - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=675254
Old Aug 7th 2010, 3:05 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Do you mean the Health Insurance that you are required to have a for a 457? If so, have a read here - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=675254
That reminds me
Old Aug 7th 2010, 3:07 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
That reminds me
Thought it might....!!!
Old Aug 7th 2010, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

Pozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nice

I did this last week.

You only need the very basic cover to satisfy the visa.

I used HBA, I put my employers address down and selected monthly invoicing so I could just buy the first months cover.

I emailed HBA about emailing me a letter to support the cover which they quickly did, attached this to my visa application, and that was accepted.

Once im there I will change my address and to direct debit when I have an Oz account.

Old Aug 7th 2010, 10:46 am
Just Joined

priscillapresley has a spectacular aura aboutpriscillapresley has a spectacular aura aboutpriscillapresley has a spectacular aura about

Thanks, thats very helpful! Do you start paying immediately or was there a start date from which you start paying your monthly premiums, as I dont want to be paying every month from now til january!
Old Aug 7th 2010, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

Pozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nice

I put the date I wanted the cover to start as the same date my 457 visa was due to start.

In my 457 application the propossed start date was 10/10/10 so thats what I went with.

I only paid for one month begining that date. $150 for three of us.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 11:18 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by priscillapresley
If your sponsor is only getting you a temporary visa, then you're not "emigrating" - you'll only be in Australia temporarily (effectively, a medium term visitor).
Old Aug 8th 2010, 11:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

emma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to behold

Hi, My OH has just sorted ours out. I will ask him who he went through and get back to you.
Emma
Old Aug 9th 2010, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

Tellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really nice

We use NIB for 2 adults and 2 children, costs $82 per month but that is only for extras (dentist, pysio, glasses and ambulance) not hospital cover. Have always found them to be helpful and quick with reimbursing/paying for treatment.