Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Health Care workers?

Health Care workers?

Old Aug 23rd 2004, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

Hazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant future
Default Health Care workers?

My sister in law has decided she wants to go to oz like we are doing, but not sure about her job, she is a health care worker ( with 4 years exp) where she looks after the elderley in their own homes, she puts them to bed gives them medicion and cooks for them etc, but she does not have any qualifications, ive looked on the skills list any can't see any jobs like what she does any body got any idea if she stands a chance of getting a visa? any info gratley recived as she doing my head in asking me loads of questions.
Hazel
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 7:04 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Health Care workers?

Originally Posted by HAZELMARY
My sister in law has decided she wants to go to oz like we are doing, but not sure about her job, she is a health care worker ( with 4 years exp) where she looks after the elderley in their own homes, she puts them to bed gives them medicion and cooks for them etc, but she does not have any qualifications, ive looked on the skills list any can't see any jobs like what she does any body got any idea if she stands a chance of getting a visa? any info gratley recived as she doing my head in asking me loads of questions.
Hazel
Hazel

I'd put this on the immigration forum. I wouldn't have thought she stands a chance thou. For care work you'd need a qualification in Social Work which in the UK isn't a diploma anymore it's a degree, or a degree in a subject such as Social Sciences. Has she got a partner with a trade or a degree?

Sorry

Walla
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Health Care workers?

I`m a care worker do the same job working from clients homes, I got no points for what I do? said was not recognized
I was offered through my company to do an NVQ should be finished in October "started feb 2004" It`s recognized qualification in Aus
When looking on net for jobs (Brissie area) there is loads of work!

Good luck Sue2