Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Heading to Sydney on the 4th Oct

Heading to Sydney on the 4th Oct

Old Sep 27th 2006, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

Sara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant future
Smile Heading to Sydney on the 4th Oct

Hi all - we are flying to Sydney next Wednesday - myself and Oh and our two boys 5 and 3. Flying with qantas at 12.15, anyone else heading out that day ?
I can't believe that we are at this point - these last few weeks have been hard going on so many levels- emotionally all the goodbyes have been tough, although i do welcome this move , it is difficult to let go of our life and friends here.
The packers are coming tomorrow and i am in the midst of chaos - will no doubt be up until the early hours trying to get finished. Then the next day we are off to Cornwall to see my husbands family - for the next round of goodbyes. Then back in time for the house to complete on Tuesday. I shall be glad to get on the plan so i can sit still !

It is also exciting as i will see my parents and sisters who live in Australia - so many mixed emotions. Can't wait to see them. I haven't lived in the same country as them for many years so that feels really positive.

Farewell - good luck to everyone whatever stage you are at,
Sara
Old Sep 27th 2006, 2:18 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Heading to Sydney on the 4th Oct

Originally Posted by Sara1970
Hi all - we are flying to Sydney next Wednesday - myself and Oh and our two boys 5 and 3. Flying with qantas at 12.15, anyone else heading out that day ?
I can't believe that we are at this point - these last few weeks have been hard going on so many levels- emotionally all the goodbyes have been tough, although i do welcome this move , it is difficult to let go of our life and friends here.
The packers are coming tomorrow and i am in the midst of chaos - will no doubt be up until the early hours trying to get finished. Then the next day we are off to Cornwall to see my husbands family - for the next round of goodbyes. Then back in time for the house to complete on Tuesday. I shall be glad to get on the plan so i can sit still !

It is also exciting as i will see my parents and sisters who live in Australia - so many mixed emotions. Can't wait to see them. I haven't lived in the same country as them for many years so that feels really positive.

Sara

Hi Sara,

We're also headed to Sydney but got a couple of months to go yet. Best of luck with the packing and hope the move to Oz goes smoothly for you and your family.

Nicky
Old Sep 28th 2006, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

Sara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
Hi Sara,

We're also headed to Sydney but got a couple of months to go yet. Best of luck with the packing and hope the move to Oz goes smoothly for you and your family.

Nicky

Thanks Nicky - good luck to you too
Where abouts in Sydney are you planning to live ?
Old Sep 28th 2006, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

Good luck with the move. I hope it all goes well.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Sara
Hi Sara

Look forwards to meeting you once you get here. We have a regular meet up with mums (plus kids if they are not in school). Maybe we will see you at one of those.

Where in Sydney are you heading to?

Rudi
x
Old Sep 28th 2006, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rudi
Hi Sara

Look forwards to meeting you once you get here. We have a regular meet up with mums (plus kids if they are not in school). Maybe we will see you at one of those.

Where in Sydney are you heading to?

Rudi
x

Hi Rudi - thanks for the invite - would be lovely to get to a meet. We are heading south initially staying near Wollongong - not sure yet as to where we will finally settle.
Sara
Old Sep 29th 2006, 2:03 am
Sand, sea and serenity

Milo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the rough

Hi Rudi - thanks for the invite - would be lovely to get to a meet. We are heading south initially staying near Wollongong - not sure yet as to where we will finally settle.
Sara
Hi Sara,

If you visit Kiama (near Wollongong) you may not want to leave, absolutely lovely area.

If a few more expats move south then we will need to organise a south Sydney meet (most meets are north Sydney)
Old Sep 29th 2006, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Milo
Hi Sara,

If you visit Kiama (near Wollongong) you may not want to leave, absolutely lovely area.

If a few more expats move south then we will need to organise a south Sydney meet (most meets are north Sydney)

Hi Milo - a south sydney meet sounds good - are you in kiama - have been a few times to the blow hole and walks along the front, - it is lovely.

Sara
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 11:33 am
Sand, sea and serenity

Milo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the rough

Hi Milo - a south sydney meet sounds good - are you in kiama - have been a few times to the blow hole and walks along the front, - it is lovely.

Sara
Hi Sara,

My OH has cousins who live in Kiama, we have visited a couple of times, yes even seen the blow hole, we live in Sylvania in the Sutherland shire area, so only 45mins or so to Wollongong.
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 12:15 pm
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

Sara
We are a few weeks behind you - flights booked to Sydney on 28th October. The chaos is getting worse and worse LOL

Can't wait though...

Good luck with the move - see you there!!

Graham