Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

head on car crash

head on car crash

Old Sep 19th 2005, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

thebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud of
Unhappy head on car crash

I just wanted to share my weekend with you. At 7am on Saturday morning after a very busy night shift, i drove home with thoughts of my lovely comfy bed going through my mind.

Suddenly on a bend at 80mph i had a blow out. :scared: I dont remember much about what happened next. I think i closed my eyes thinking i was going to die and waiting for impact!! The car span several times and came to a sudden stop. I realised i was alive and opened my eyes to lots of smoke/steam and a lampost inches from my face. :scared:

I stood at the side of the road and phoned my colleagues at the ambulance station that i had just left and asked them to come and get me. Hubby came to sort the car out.

I am fine just bruised and achey. If i had have been in a small car i would not be here to tell the tale.

The sad thing is that we have been saving for the past month for the first instalment to pay our Oz agents so we can get our application on the way. Unfortunately we are only insured third party so had to spend all our saved money to by a new car as i wrote the other one off! Another months wait now before we can apply.

The point of my sorry tale is that i am lucky to be alive and more determined than ever to live life to the full and to follow our dream of a new life in Australia. There may be setbacks on the way but we will plough on with a smile.

I hope your dreams come true and that all of your journeys are smooth
Old Sep 19th 2005, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: head on car crash

Glad to see you are OK!!

Putting your plans back by a month will all be worthwhile once you are living your dream!!
Old Sep 19th 2005, 9:36 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thebardies
I just wanted to share my weekend with you. At 7am on Saturday morning after a very busy night shift, i drove home with thoughts of my lovely comfy bed going through my mind.

Suddenly on a bend at 80mph i had a blow out. :scared: I dont remember much about what happened next. I think i closed my eyes thinking i was going to die and waiting for impact!! The car span several times and came to a sudden stop. I realised i was alive and opened my eyes to lots of smoke/steam and a lampost inches from my face. :scared:

I stood at the side of the road and phoned my colleagues at the ambulance station that i had just left and asked them to come and get me. Hubby came to sort the car out.

I am fine just bruised and achey. If i had have been in a small car i would not be here to tell the tale.

The sad thing is that we have been saving for the past month for the first instalment to pay our Oz agents so we can get our application on the way. Unfortunately we are only insured third party so had to spend all our saved money to by a new car as i wrote the other one off! Another months wait now before we can apply.

The point of my sorry tale is that i am lucky to be alive and more determined than ever to live life to the full and to follow our dream of a new life in Australia. There may be setbacks on the way but we will plough on with a

Glad to hear your safe , keep positive................mm
Old Sep 19th 2005, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Wow that’s pretty scary stuff.

Never mind about the finances etc. At least your safe to carry on your dream of a new life in Oz!!
Old Sep 19th 2005, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

The point of my sorry tale is that i am lucky to be alive and more determined than ever to live life to the full and to follow our dream of a new life in Australia. There may be setbacks on the way but we will plough on with a smile.

Thank goodness it was 7am and no other cars were about.

So glad to hear that you are OK.
Old Sep 19th 2005, 9:53 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh that's really scary! Glad you're ok, bummer about the car but could have been soooo much worse.
Old Sep 19th 2005, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

thebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud of

Thankyou all for your kind words. I will spread some karma.

I think i have a guardian angel. Missed the tsunami by a couple of days(Wedding and Honeymoon in Thailand), missed the Egypt bombings by a couple of miles(summer holiday in Sharm el Sheik) and missed visiting the Pearly gates by a coulple of inches!!
Old Sep 19th 2005, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Xgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou all for your kind words. I will spread some karma.

I think i have a guardian angel. Missed the tsunami by a couple of days(Wedding and Honeymoon in Thailand), missed the Egypt bombings by a couple of miles(summer holiday in Sharm el Sheik) and missed visiting the Pearly gates by a coulple of inches!!
Blimey, you're lucky.
Old Sep 19th 2005, 10:34 am
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you're safe and not badly hurt. Must have been really scary.
Somebody up there is telling you that the only place you're going is Oz so good luck with your application.
Julie
Old Sep 19th 2005, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice

How absolutely dreadful. I do hope you're not too shaken up and not too badly bruised. Not a nice thing to happen at all, in fact it's my worst nightmare. I send you some recovery karma
Old Sep 19th 2005, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: head on car crash

Originally Posted by pako
How absolutely dreadful. I do hope you're not too shaken up and not too badly bruised. Not a nice thing to happen at all, in fact it's my worst nightmare. I send you some recovery karma
Yes it was my worst nightmare too. Doing the job i do i've been to so many RTA's and always hoped and prayed it would never be me!! Oh well, at least i've done it now..... and i am made of rubber!!!
Old Sep 19th 2005, 11:08 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Suddenly on a bend at 80mph i had a blow out.
Unfortunately we are only insured third party so had to spend all our saved money to by a new car as i wrote the other one off!

can i just say one thing ...... slow down!!!!!!!!!!!! :scared:
Old Sep 19th 2005, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rooksie
Where's the fun in that? I drive ambulances for a living, im used to driving fast! Guess you are right though. If i ever dare to drive again will will be a lot more cautious! Thanks for the advice. Lol
Old Sep 19th 2005, 11:28 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

It will be all worth the wait in the end, but I know it's frustrating when you were expecting to start the visa process. Have sent you some good luck Karma
Old Sep 19th 2005, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rooksie

That was exactly what went through my mind when I read that post. 80 round a bend after a night shift is a bit silly to say the least. Its a good job there wasnt a car coming in the opposite direction with somebodys kids in it!!!!

As you say you must see plenty of RTAs in your job. I have seen the results of e few as well wehn i was a student nurse working on the child trauma wards. Not very nice!!!

Still, good to hear that you are alright but please take it as a warning. Next time you may not be so lucky!!!!!!!

Tracey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.