Hayfever

Old Apr 20th 2003, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

HeatherS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hayfever

It's getting to the time of year again when I am reminded that I suffer from hayfever

Will somebody let me know if I am still going to get hayfever when I move to Adelaide?

You can let me know if it's a stupid question too if you like........!
Old Apr 20th 2003, 8:48 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Cool

Hate to tell you this Heather , but ADELAIDE is the hay fever capital of the world,mainly because of the dry climate and the abundance of melaluca pollen,[finest grained pollen known to man] but apart from that its a great place to live......MM
Old Apr 20th 2003, 8:49 pm
Free at last!

Houdini is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hayfever

Originally posted by HeatherS
It's getting to the time of year again when I am reminded that I suffer from hayfever

Will somebody let me know if I am still going to get hayfever when I move to Adelaide?

Hi there,
It probably depends which pollens trigger your hayfever and whether those plants/ crops/ trees grow there too!
Sorry not to be more help.
Lizzy
Old Apr 20th 2003, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by mr mover
Hate to tell you this Heather , but ADELAIDE is the hay fever capital of the world,mainly because of the dry climate and the abundance of melaluca pollen,[finest grained pollen known to man] but apart from that its a great place to live......MM

Thanks mr mover! I will sleep well tonight..........

Somebody pass me a tissue
Old Apr 20th 2003, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Houdini
Hi there,
It probably depends which pollens trigger your hayfever and whether those plants/ crops/ trees grow there too!
Sorry not to be more help.
Lizzy
Hi Lizzy,

I think it's just grass pollen over here that affects me but who knows what I'll start sneezing at in Oz!
Old Apr 20th 2003, 10:25 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lizzy,

I think it's just grass pollen over here that affects me but who knows what I'll start sneezing at in Oz!

I'm not a sufferer myself but a former dive buddy of mine is, it used to be lousy for him each season missing dives due to being "bunged up" He now swears by a natural remedy that worked for him, he simply drove around our locality until he found a local bee keeper, the honey produced by the bees contains traces of the pollen affecting his condition and by taking a teaspoon full in his tea instead of sugar he slowly built up an immunity to the pollen in a way the body could cope with. Yes it sounded like bull**it to me as well but if it worked for him and it works for other divers. It must be natural honey and local to your area not your supermarket jars.
However looking in the supermarket a lot of the honey is imported from Aus so you could even find a local source when you get there.
Good luck
Sean
Old Apr 21st 2003, 1:37 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Yes cresta ,i know this works as i have redgum or blue gum honey every morning in my tea as well, heather try to get some australian honey and start your defence program.i think CAPULANO , export to U.K...........MM
Old Apr 21st 2003, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

Birdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond repute

Yes......... but
Ive found mine is not nearly as bad, although have never lived in Adelaide, but Goldcoast, Sydney and Perth have all been fine. Guess it depends what your triggers are.
Old Apr 21st 2003, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

Hey thanks everyone!

I have heard about the honey cure but there isn't a local honey produced in Burnley!!

Will look to see if I can find a local Adelaide honey tho'.

Cheers
Old Apr 21st 2003, 8:27 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey thanks everyone!

I have heard about the honey cure but there isn't a local honey produced in Burnley!!

Will look to see if I can find a local Adelaide honey tho'.

Cheers
Heather,
Try these sites and you may find a local producer,
http://www.oldham-beekeepers.co.uk/
www.ormskirkbeekeepers.org.uk/
Old Apr 21st 2003, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

jockney is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,We are moving to adelaide in september and I like yourself am a hayfever sufferer.First time we went to adelaide was for a month going out xmas day back end of january and had no problem at all.However 2nd time we went october for 3 weeks back begining of nov and did have hay fever.My hayfever season in the uk is easy to predict ,everybodys is different I think,mine goes on in may until the wimbledon final(as exact as that)After 26 years of hayfever(tried everything that came out)I tried beconasehayfever nasel spray last year and at last found something that could control it.It worked in adelaide to!!!!If you hav`nt tried it give it a whirl for a week.Hope it does`nt affect you their.sympathy from a fellow sufferer.jockney