Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Having trouble selling house!!!

Having trouble selling house!!!

Old Jun 21st 2004, 9:00 pm
Now in Mandurah

Pauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the rough
Default Having trouble selling house!!!

Are you having trouble selling your house?
Have you thought of advertising online ?
Did a search and found these

www.movelocation.com
www.houseladder.co.uk

Hope it helps someone, we are going to do it when house is finished will be a lot cheaper...

Good luck to everyone with house sale, visas etc.

Pauline and John
xx
Old Jun 21st 2004, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

We just had an offer for ours today (accepted), spent £129 with www.houseweb co uk been on with them 2 weeks.

Lindsey
Old Jun 21st 2004, 11:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

primrose will become famous soon enoughprimrose will become famous soon enough

Thanks very much for these websites I have now bookmarked them.
Hoping to put house on market soon, not decided yet whether to use an agent or try the internet first.
Anyone else had experience of selling on the internet?

Thanks

Primrose
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 8:33 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally posted by lindseyden
We just had an offer for ours today (accepted), spent £129 with www.houseweb co uk been on with them 2 weeks.

Lindsey

great news lindsey! glad to hear it. hope it goes well.
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Really please for you lindsey........lets hope we also hear about our visas soon!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 9:23 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Here's some other sites you peeps might find useful.

Petra

www.easier.com
www.homes-uk.co.uk
www.home.co.uk
www.homesonsale.co.uk
www.homeswithoutagents.com
www.thehouseexchange.co.uk
www.houseladder.co.uk
www.estateagent.co.uk
www.propertylocator.co.uk
www.thatstheoneforme.co.uk
www.quickbeforeitsgone.co.uk
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

primrose will become famous soon enoughprimrose will become famous soon enough

Thanks for that Petra,

Just had estate agents round and there won't be much change from £5K with their fees and the solicitor costs.
I'll check out these sites and see what info I can find.
Does anyone have any recomendations?

Primrose
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olive101 will become famous soon enough

I know that Estate Agents are almost as reviled as Accountants like me BUT

if you are wanting to save ££££ as a priority then I imagine the internet is a good way to go.

However, if you want to maximise exposure and sell that house quick - perhaps the traditional methods work best?

I suppose it also depends upon whether you live in an area with lost of estate agents where there are lots of people looking in their windows like there are in Brentwood....

Do estate agents let you do both??
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Olive101

if you are wanting to save ££££ as a priority then I imagine the internet is a good way to go.

However, if you want to maximise exposure and sell that house quick - perhaps the traditional methods work best?

I suppose it also depends upon whether you live in an area with lost of estate agents where there are lots of people looking in their windows like there are in Brentwood....

Not sure if you can do both Olive, I don't see why not as internet selling is not another estate agent as such. But I have just sold (stc) my house after having it with houseweb for just 2 weeks. Did have a board outside which brought in a couple of viewers and did put my own advert in the local paper, in property pages, which brought lots of phone calls but the people who bought found it originally on the internet.

Lindsey
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice

Put our house on with the littlehouse company on the web and we have had about 5 people interested in the last month.

Mandy
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 2:56 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Olive - You can do both. Check your agreement with your estate agent. On mine it says 'In the event of the property being sold privately during this agency period the vendor hereby agrees to provide Cubitt & West with the name and address of the purchaser(s)'

That's just to make sure they haven't already introduced them to your property and you're not trying to pull a swift one!

My house is advertised on a fair few internet sites and on the noticeboard round at my local Safeway. We've had the house on the internet since the 15 June, but as of yet had no response But I haven't given up hope ....yet. My estate agent (now my second) is as good as a chocolate fireguard so I have nothing to lose by advertising it myself.

Good Luck!!

Petra
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Olive101

Our house has been on with an internet estate agent since 2nd June www.halfapercent.com

They charge £150 for photos and vitual tour video and the property is linked into all the other main property search websites. You do the viewings, they do everything else and they charge 0.5% comm.

We have had 5 viewers and 1 no-show in that time which I reckon is not enough so I have sacked them (10 day notice period). Will have to use the local idiot agent to get things moving. I don't think the internet sites really generate enough quality viewers although you may get lucky and save a few quid.

We thought it was worth a go for a few weeks - suppose it depends how quick you need to sell.