Reload this Page >

Having trouble finding Job!

Having trouble finding Job!

Old Feb 22nd 2007, 9:14 am
mummy/nanny

freshtour is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Having trouble finding Job!

Hi all,

I moved to oZ in July last year, with my Husband and my 2yr old daughter, we live on the Mornington Peninsula in Melbourne. My Husband is a Motor Technician, and i work as a Mummy/Nanny, which basically means, i take my daughter to work with me. Except i seem to be having alot of trouble finding a suitable position, as most of the Nanny agency's over here don't deal with Nanny's with their own children. I've tried advertising in the paper, putting my own adverts up in shop windows etc.. I've put my profile on alot of nanny/babysitting web sites and still nothing!!!
I don't know if anyone can help????
If there's any other Mummy/Nannys in the same position?????
If you've got anything to say on the subject, i'd love to hear from you.

Thanks.
Sandra
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 9:28 am
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Having trouble finding Job!

Originally Posted by freshtour
Hi all,

I moved to oZ in July last year, with my Husband and my 2yr old daughter, we live on the Mornington Peninsula in Melbourne. My Husband is a Motor Technician, and i work as a Mummy/Nanny, which basically means, i take my daughter to work with me. Except i seem to be having alot of trouble finding a suitable position, as most of the Nanny agency's over here don't deal with Nanny's with their own children. I've tried advertising in the paper, putting my own adverts up in shop windows etc.. I've put my profile on alot of nanny/babysitting web sites and still nothing!!!
I don't know if anyone can help????
If there's any other Mummy/Nannys in the same position?????
If you've got anything to say on the subject, i'd love to hear from you.

Thanks.
Sandra
i'm afraid i haven't anything to say just wanted to sent you some virtual good luck that you get something sorted soon x
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 9:34 am
mummy/nanny

Originally Posted by thewoodz
i'm afraid i haven't anything to say just wanted to sent you some virtual good luck that you get something sorted soon x
Thanks!!
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 9:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Wishing you luck too.

Do you think it's maybe that they don't think you'll pay enough attention to the kids if you have your own there? I don't think it's something that is very common here.

Have you tried advertising as a childminder instead? do you have all the necessary paperwork, like police checks and licences (if needed)?
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 10:06 am
mummy/nanny

Originally Posted by Wendy
Wishing you luck too.

Do you think it's maybe that they don't think you'll pay enough attention to the kids if you have your own there? I don't think it's something that is very common here.

Have you tried advertising as a childminder instead? do you have all the necessary paperwork, like police checks and licences (if needed)?
Thanks Wendy!
I'm hopefully going to be doing the childminding thing, when we buy our own place later this year. It's not worth paying for all the safety changes to be done on a rental property, only to have to do it all again in our new place.

Maybe your right about the attention paid to the children thing, it wouldn't be the case though. If anything, it would probably be the other way round ( not intentionally though, of course!) anyway, i'll keep looking.
Sandra.