Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Having serious doubts about Perth

Having serious doubts about Perth

Old Mar 12th 2006, 8:50 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of
Default Having serious doubts about Perth

As some of you may know, Perth has been our destination for ...........well ever.

My hubby is a printer and i am a nurse.

However the more i read on this forum, the more i doubt it is the right location, due to work, and in general, cost of living. From what i gather Perth is a more affordable place than the rest of aus, but would hubby have more opportunities elsewhere

We will never in a million years, be able to afford to buy anywhere in aus, by the looks of things, but we want to be ok, any advice.
Old Mar 12th 2006, 8:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Having serious doubts about Perth

Originally Posted by Margaret2
As some of you may know, Perth has been our destination for ...........well ever.

However the more i read on this forum, the more i doubt it is the right location, due to work, and in general, cost of living. From what i gather Perth is a more affordable place than the rest of aus, but would hubby have more opportunities elsewhere

We will never in a million years, be able to afford to buy anywhere in aus, by the looks of things, but we want to be ok, any advice.
Come live in Adelaide with me.

Don't know about printing jobs but I hope they have hospitals :scared:
Old Mar 12th 2006, 8:55 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I know what you mean Margaret. We have sponsorship for Perth and would happily make a go of anywhere we had the chance to live.

But from the research I have done, Victoria has more job opportunities for my husband, far more and we have friends there.

So I know exactly where you are coming from.
Old Mar 12th 2006, 8:57 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Why don't we all live together in a great big hotel
Old Mar 12th 2006, 8:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Sam where is your BE house. Can we rebuild it in Oz.
Old Mar 12th 2006, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by WendyC
Come live in Adelaide with me.

Don't know about printing jobs but I hope they have hospitals :scared:

Yeah, but seriously, would you want me there
Old Mar 12th 2006, 8:59 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I think that would be good but I suspect you would be a bad influence on me and I would drink alcohol and everything.

And Im still recovering from getting pissed out of my head at Crufts Dog show and playing 'search and rescue' with the firemen.
Old Mar 12th 2006, 8:59 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Mags,if you dont go to Perth...you wont have a chance to meet me... ...chin chin...(again)...
Old Mar 12th 2006, 9:00 pm

Sam where is your BE house. Can we rebuild it in Oz.

I knew i could rely on you all for the answers to my doubts, hey , i think that would make a fortune,

Halfway house for BE

Wendy, PP and I will be there to support you
Old Mar 12th 2006, 9:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I knew i could rely on you all for the answers to my doubts, hey , i think that would make a fortune,

Halfway house for BE

Wendy, PP and I will be there to support you
Or make you laugh your worries away (or drink them, whichever )
Old Mar 12th 2006, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I think that would be good but I suspect you would be a bad influence on me and I would drink alcohol and everything.

And Im still recovering from getting pissed out of my head at Crufts Dog show and playing 'search and rescue' with the firemen.

You obviously have a far more productive life than me, but don't get me started on ****in firemen I HATE THEM
Old Mar 12th 2006, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by Ransi
Mags,if you dont go to Perth...you wont have a chance to meet me... ...chin chin...(again)...

Ehhh ok, i'll go (Wendy, PP, get me out) :scared:
Old Mar 12th 2006, 9:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You obviously have a far more productive life than me, but don't get me started on ****in firemen I HATE THEM

I don't know, there's some rather dishy ones on my calendar.
Old Mar 12th 2006, 9:05 pm

Well these firemen worked for Search and Rescue and I have vague memories of being in my mates bedroom and hiding in very small corners and the boys sending their dogs to 'rescue me'.

I also have memories of being in reception at 2am in my PJ's listening to music with my mate and some others.

I shall never drink again, ever in my long legged life. (Until my birthday)
Old Mar 12th 2006, 9:10 pm

I don't know, there's some rather dishy ones on my calendar.

I honestly think they ....................................no am not going there, but people at work know if we have one as a patient, to keep me back.

But will tell you a story.

My friends boy is a policeman, and like me HE HATES ****ING FIREMEN, but anyway, the firechief had to give the police a lecture, and by the hand of fate , my friends boy, had to thank the firebrigade.

During the chiefs lecture, he was bumming about how ****ing fantastic they were, and they were so good they once determined a cause of fire was due to a mouse having a match in its mouth and running along the skirting, of course the place caught fire ffs.

Anyway, my friends boy went up to thank them, and he said well tonight i am going home and me and my hamster will be giving up smoking Firechief not impressed, me I bought him a bottle of Jim Bean, his favourite tipple

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.