Having a mare

Old Apr 13th 2007, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

By the Avon is just really niceBy the Avon is just really niceBy the Avon is just really niceBy the Avon is just really niceBy the Avon is just really niceBy the Avon is just really niceBy the Avon is just really niceBy the Avon is just really nice
Default Re: Having a mare

Originally Posted by claire edwards
It's just really bad that you had to move because of it.....I like the idea of moving into the country a little bit, sounds fab.
We like it, noone to wake you( just you watch one of our neighbours get a noisy rooster! )
Old Apr 13th 2007, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

yes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to all

what if that doesn't work?

i thought there were lots of 4x4's in aus

i do hate selfish people.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 11:37 am
I am the walrus.. face it

carlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud of

If it's any consolation, we too have an absolute a**hole of a neighbour in our block of flats here in the UK. (Quiet, sleepy Devon if you can believe it!)

He seems to take great delight in using his flat as a party pad on the coast and regularly invites his up-country buddies round for weekend benders where they LITERALLY never sleep. They just get drunk (and high, we suspect) and simply created havoc. Singing and music all night, and I mean ALL NIGHT. Slamming doors left, right and centre. Recent incidents have included assaults on taxi drivers and subsequent arrests, loud abusive behaviour in the street and damage inside the block.

Quite simply he is a nasty character, who seems to be able to be able to afford a penthouse apartment and some very nice cars, but doesn't seem to have a proper job. I shall let you draw your own conclusions where the money comes from.

Luckily, we live in a small block consisting of 12 flats, and we have got together as a Resident's Association and actioned a solicitor, to seek forfeiture on his lease, due to his constant breaking of the convenants.

So with a bit of luck and people-power he will be either forced to sell to get rid if it quick, and lose loads of money, or he will just lose his lease.. and loads of money. Either way, some people are so unreasonable the only way is to hit them in the pocket.

Just wanted to let you know there is always light at the end of the tunnel, and these people ALWAYS get their cummupance, one way or another.

My wife and I are soo looking forward to being able to buy somewhere with a bit of land around it, and be able to go to bed at night, without ear plugs.

Not much to ask for is it?
Old Apr 13th 2007, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

mbike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by claire edwards
Partner and I have just brought our dream home in Hamilton Hill, WA - it wasn't our first choice of location, but we love the house.

When we moved into our new home our next door neighbour was leaving on a trip to Europe, well he's back and don't we know it.

We popped out for a bite to eat in Freo (Thursday night) with some friends who are visiting from the UK and when we got home at 12 midnight, the music was on loud. Rob thought he would nip it in the bud and went around for a friendly chat. He knocked on the door...no answer...he looked through the window to find our neighbour in full swing, dancing by himself, arms in the air in his dressing gown...they had a chat.

The same thing happened last night. Well, sort of. The neighbour came over to say hi and started explaining that the previous owners just used to call the police instead of knocking on the front door - he thanked us and told us to knock if it got too loud. The music went up loudly again, then down again at about midnight, after which there were some strange noises (Like he was chopping wood) coming from his back garden. So, this morning, we woke up to the sound of music again coming from his house....it was like he was out (Car wasn't there) and had just left it on....I don't know when this guy sleeps!

This guy (Neighbour) is 55 years old - he told us - his girlfriend is back in two weeks from Europe, which would either calm him down or it will make things worse, if she's a party animal like him. I would like to point out that me and the other half are social butterfies and like nothing more than having friends over, bbqs and the odd party.....but we are mindful of noise, especially on a school night and tend to go into town at weekends.

Has anyone got any tips or experience of the best way to handle this...I think we need to have another chat and try to come to some sort of agreement with him....what if that doesn't work?!
You live next door to a Hamilton Hillbilly. A friend of ours says the area is full of eccentrics, who have been happily living there for years doing there own thing like this. I would suggest buying him a set of cordless headphones. When my dad got older he used to crank his jazz up - the headphones work a treat cos they can walk all around the place.

Mark
Old Apr 15th 2007, 1:35 pm
One of Big G's girls.

Loubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to behold

How was the weekend? Hopefully you had a quiet one.