Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Having a bad day :(

Having a bad day :(

Old Feb 2nd 2007, 11:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold
Default Having a bad day :(

I know my waiting time is a short one compared to you guys waiting for skilled visas but i'm having a bad night and facing another weekend not knowing when I can see my partner and i'm feeling s***te because of it

People who applied for spouse visas before me have got theirs - I haven't got mine and i'm having nitemares because of.

Have I done something wrong ? Should I have sent a special delivery self addressed envelope ? ( didn't see mention of it so didn't)
Have I not filled the forms in right?
Have I ommitted something ?
Did they not like the way I filled in the form ? My writing ? My name ? The colour of my hair ?

Oh I so hate this waiting! How long ?

Don't they know how much I miss my man ?
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 11:37 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Having a bad day :(

Hi - two questions

Did you frontload your application and include your passport?

Did you send it in the special delivery silver envelope that you can track via the post office website?
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 11:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by iPom
Hi - two questions

Did you frontload your application and include your passport?

Did you send it in the special delivery silver envelope that you can track via the post office website?

Frontloaded meds yes - sent special delivery and money taken yes - no acknowledgement - no i still have our passports here. Should I have sent them too ?

Old Feb 2nd 2007, 11:45 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by phoenix_uk
I know my waiting time is a short one compared to you guys waiting for skilled visas but i'm having a bad night and facing another weekend not knowing when I can see my partner and i'm feeling s***te because of it

People who applied for spouse visas before me have got theirs - I haven't got mine and i'm having nitemares because of.

Have I done something wrong ? Should I have sent a special delivery self addressed envelope ? ( didn't see mention of it so didn't)
Did they not like the way I filled in the form ? My writing ? My name ? The colour of my hair ?

Cheer up, waiting always actually seems a lot longer than it is, if that makes sense, you know how it goes, the second you go to get the mail, and you arent thinking about it.......it will be there smiling at you.
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 11:52 pm
Account Closed

Ok chuck, well calm down.

For a start, that receipt you got from posting your silver envelope had a number on it.
You can go to the Post office Royal Mail website and look up that number in their tracking bit, which will show when your application was received.

Now, you CAN send in your passport if you want with your application, because what they do is chuck the visa in it and send it straight back to you. It's not compulsory and they don't ask you to do it, but it's just that you can do if you want.

As you haven't sent in your passport, things will take a bit longer. Firstly, they'll send back the documents they don't need from you through the post after they've photocopied them. They don't send acknowledgments for Spouse Visa's.

Then you'll get a letter telling you to submit your passport and you'll send it in. They'll stamp it and send it back to you. Use special delivery again but include another silver envelope in your reply for them to send your stamped passport back to you.

If your money's been taken, I'd say that's an indicator that it's got through ok and it's being processed.

Sometimes they might ring you and chat to you on the phone, but it's rare to have a phone interview, and they only do this is they need a bit more info.

I think by the sound of it, you're ok and just to hang in there.

Last edited by iPom; Feb 2nd 2007 at 11:54 pm.
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 12:08 am
Account Closed

PS phoenix - I'm sorry you're missing your bloke. I hope things get better soon.

Keep us informed of what's happening with your visa ok? And if we can help any further, just ask.
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

daraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nice

That's awful,

I'm sure you filled in everything just fine. I didn't include a passport or return envelopes either and I just got an email from them with the good news. Your credit card has been debited, so they have the application. I'm sure if anything was not filled in or ommitted, they would let you know. You'll have it in no time and you'll look back and wonder what the fuss was about!

It must be very hard for you though.

D
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for the reassuring words peeps

I'm just impatient I guess and then I start to worry

I haven't seen my man since August and whilst skype has been a godsend in this time i'm still desperate to get back out there so we can put this all behind us.

The kids are getting impatient too, things have been sold that we don't want, arrnagements made for other things, shipping on hold, we're living out of boxes bla bla bla, no different to other people I guess.

I'm just feeling down about tis all

Daraghm - when you off ? You sent your application in the day before me I think
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

daraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nicedaraghm is just really nice

Thanks for the reassuring words peeps

I'm just impatient I guess and then I start to worry

I haven't seen my man since August and whilst skype has been a godsend in this time i'm still desperate to get back out there so we can put this all behind us.

The kids are getting impatient too, things have been sold that we don't want, arrnagements made for other things, shipping on hold, we're living out of boxes bla bla bla, no different to other people I guess.

I'm just feeling down about tis all

Daraghm - when you off ? You sent your application in the day before me I think
Hiya,

Aiming for May, mid to end. House on the market, no interest yet though! It is annoying me, as we can't make plans, book removalists, book flights until then. Still, I was feeling a bit sorry for myself until I read your last post, and I realise I have little to be bothered about, the three of us are together here.

Thinking about you.

D.
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Well Good Luck to you with the house sale.

I opted to sell mine last year, and the year before no interest so put it to auction in the end against agents advice.

However despite a financial hit at least I then knew it wouldn't be an issue for me to deal with now, on my own here.

So it sold last July and we're in rented here and OH is in rented in Perth.

I don't think I could have coped having to sell a house now so my sympathies to you. I hope you get a sale real quick
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 1:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Sorry to hear how you are feeling but you know what they say "No news is good news and all good things come to those who wait" so hopefully you will get the news when you least expect it. Just think you will soon be able to give your man an extra long, extra special cuddle. Best of luck to you.
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 2:01 pm
Account Closed

louise is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi phoenix

Sorry to hear your still waiting!!!

When did you send in your application? My Husbands spouse visa took about 3 months. However that was 2004/05.

Hope you hear soon, can't be easy for you.

Good luck

Louise
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 6:22 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Must be awful being apart. Karma sent. x
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 9:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hey thanks

Seems like forever - can't wait for that 'first' kiss - again