Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Have you seen the exchange rate

Have you seen the exchange rate

Old Sep 22nd 2006, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

TheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud of
Default Have you seen the exchange rate

2.53 Interbank and climbing.

I bottled it at 2.515 and cashed in. All indications are it will go higher too. but
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 2:05 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have you seen the exchange rate

Originally Posted by TheAshleys

I bottled it at 2.515 and cashed in. All indications are it will go higher too. but

still got to set up my ozforex account
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 2:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

AUD is not weakening against all currencies:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...efer=australia

The weakening against the £stg is probably more to do with the slowdown in the US economy and £stg will be seen as a safer haven than the greenback. There's also a possibility of interest rate rises in the UK some time in the future.

http://au.biz.yahoo.com/060922/19/weq7.html

I don't see the AUD weakening a lot more against the pound as some profit taking will set in as people capitalise on the recent move from mid/high $2.40's to low/heading mid $2.50's. Either way, a good time to be changing £'s into $'s compared to recent times (now how many pounds have I got to change!)

OzTennis
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Either way, a good time to be changing £'s into $'s compared to recent times (now how many pounds have I got to change!)

OzTennis
None as yet, unfortunately...
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 2:24 pm
Here At Last!!

frogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nice

I've just cashed mine in at 2.51, I decided that if it ever gets to 2.5 then I would cash in, it may keep going up who knows, but a couple of months ago it was around 2.35 so to get 2.5 now is a good deal.
You have got to decide what you would be happy with and then go for it, if and buts don't mean a thing.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

TheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud of

Hey mate !

You can do it online now, you dont need to send them ID till after the deal is done, that's what I did. Just an email address etc from memory. They will call you after you do the deal to check things out, but you can secure the rate now.

2.535 now ! It's gonna hit 2.54 today maybe. I'm gonna raid the sofa when I get home, I must have some more sterling somewhere
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 2:27 pm
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Just checked the Thai baht against the AU$. Nice! We have gained a few hundred dollars on what we will change.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 2:37 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hey mate !

You can do it online now, you dont need to send them ID till after the deal is done, that's what I did. Just an email address etc from memory. They will call you after you do the deal to check things out, but you can secure the rate now.

2.535 now ! It's gonna hit 2.54 today maybe. I'm gonna raid the sofa when I get home, I must have some more sterling somewhere
are you sure, i thought i had to send in forms and fax id etc.
i want to buy, i want to buy now.
eeek
what do i do
do i need to have an oz bank account set up?
did you go ozforex?
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by busterboy
are you sure, i thought i had to send in forms and fax id etc.
i want to buy, i want to buy now.
eeek
what do i do
do i need to have an oz bank account set up?
did you go ozforex?
Mate,

promise you. My internet is sooo slow today, so hard to respond.

Set it up online. You get a warning when you sign in saying you have not provided ID, but I traded before this, and you can too. They will even release funds I think, but I had no aussie account, so they held them for a week (No interest). They chased me for the id constantly, which I faxed 2 days later.

PM me if you are still stuck and I will give you my contact details.

Still at 2.533 so still a great rate.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond repute

Mate,

promise you. My internet is sooo slow today, so hard to respond.

Set it up online. You get a warning when you sign in saying you have not provided ID, but I traded before this, and you can too. They will even release funds I think, but I had no aussie account, so they held them for a week (No interest). They chased me for the id constantly, which I faxed 2 days later.

PM me if you are still stuck and I will give you my contact details.

Still at 2.533 so still a great rate.
If I were Gordon B, I would eat humble pie and fix into the eurozone at an attractive rate before the €€€€ motors ahead over the next 5 years which it is forecast to do (and leave ££££ standing)
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 3:18 pm
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

jeez thats gone up quick. Thought i did well cashing my dosh in at 2.5 3 months ago. Not fair
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 3:23 pm
careful what you wish 4

dougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by paulrachel
jeez thats gone up quick. Thought i did well cashing my dosh in at 2.5 3 months ago. Not fair
does anybody remember £1 ~ aud$ 2.83
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

rpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dougggy
does anybody remember £1 ~ aud$ 2.83
sure do, and had some dosh to exchange back then too.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

Sara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant futureSara1970 has a brilliant future

our house completes next week so haven't got access to the money yet - has anyone booked a deal before ?
Sara
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 3:47 pm
A rather curious boy

Originally Posted by Sara1970
our house completes next week so haven't got access to the money yet - has anyone booked a deal before ?
Sara
I am doing it right now (ooh) with Ozforex....think TheAshley's have just completed one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.