Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Have you heard of......

Have you heard of......

Old May 20th 2003, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

TIZUS is an unknown quantity at this point

''''''''

Last edited by TIZUS; Jun 2nd 2003 at 12:20 pm.
Old May 20th 2003, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Yes - the girl I work with Sister has used these for migration to Oz said they where good.
Old May 20th 2003, 12:07 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Have you heard of......

Originally posted by TIZUS
An emigration company called FOUR CORNERS

I would be very interested to here of peoples views on this company........

Thanks Tori

Hi Tori

I was going to use this company. I went along to one of their seminars and thought they were great. They assesed me as qualifying for Oz, and said they would confirm this in writing (they never), then they said they would call me to arrange a meeting (I called them three times to chase, they never returned my calls). They eventaully called me two months after the seminar, by which time I had hired another agent (Ambler Collins), and my TRA application was almost complete. I told them I had givem my money to a firm who actually seemed interested in helping me.

Very poor service, I would stay well clear if I were you.

Mel
Old May 20th 2003, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

JamieSelway is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah,

We went to one of there seminars in August 2001 (for which they charged £50). Filled in a form, then a couple of days later were told we would likely get an immigration visa. If we wanted to persue it, they could offer their services. When I phoned to make an appointment I was told that fast tracking for IT had stopped 'a couple of days ago', which I found out later wasn't right.

We went to a one on one meeting at their Manchester office. During the meeting they made it all look complex and long winded. Then came the semi-hard sell. They produced a contract and asked us to sign. They wanted to charge us around £4000 for 'an all in one package'. We said we would think about it and get back to them.

They talked about what services they would offer, but from what I could make out they were going to supply us with a folder with info about housing, helathcare etc... I think they were just a tad too exspensive for our liking.

As a result, I did some searching on the net and after a few emails and phone calls decided to use Grahame Igglesden at Concept Australia. We were looking for someone who was registered, and were more worried about justing having someone there to walk us through the whole process. Grahame is ex Oz consulate and available via phone and email which is great for us. Just happened to be one of the cheapest as well! (around £700 at the time).

It's not that I'm tight but .............

Well OK I am tight! I'm sure I was just paranoid and Four Corners are fine.

Hope this helps

Jamie
Old May 20th 2003, 12:24 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by JamieSelway
Yeah,

We went to one of there seminars in August 2001 (for which they charged £50). Filled in a form, then a couple of days later were told we would likely get an immigration visa. If we wanted to persue it, they could offer their services. When I phoned to make an appointment I was told that fast tracking for IT had stopped 'a couple of days ago', which I found out later wasn't right.

We went to a one on one meeting at their Manchester office. During the meeting they made it all look complex and long winded. Then came the semi-hard sell. They produced a contract and asked us to sign. They wanted to charge us around £4000 for 'an all in one package'. We said we would think about it and get back to them.

They talked about what services they would offer, but from what I could make out they were going to supply us with a folder with info about housing, helathcare etc... I think they were just a tad too exspensive for our liking.

As a result, I did some searching on the net and after a few emails and phone calls decided to use Grahame Igglesden at Concept Australia. We were looking for someone who was registered, and were more worried about justing having someone there to walk us through the whole process. Grahame is ex Oz consulate and available via phone and email which is great for us. Just happened to be one of the cheapest as well! (around £700 at the time).

It's not that I'm tight but .............

Well OK I am tight! I'm sure I was just paranoid and Four Corners are fine.

Hope this helps

Jamie

Sounds like their service levels are consistent if nothing else! I did not get round to the point of getting a quote, but £4000 is extortionate. I paid under £1500 incl VAT for the skills assesment and the main application, with payment being made in stages and no obligation to remain with my agent from one stage ot the next.

Sound like Four Corners use their (admittedly very helpful) seminars to sign up unsuspecting punters before they find out about the visa process.
Old May 20th 2003, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

grubelice is an unknown quantity at this point

Basically from my experience Four Corners were all mouth and no trousers. I too used Grahame Igglesden of Concept Australia and he was good, honest and knew what he was on about. He delivered the goods and from what I gather is one of the cheapest around. I believe that some people have found him a bit stand offish - having read this site - but don't let that put you off. You are, after all, paying him for his vast experience, not to be his friend.

Is it as cold and wet everywhere else today?

Elaine (still got me thermals on)
Old May 20th 2003, 12:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by mika24me
Sounds like their service levels are consistent if nothing else! I did not get round to the point of getting a quote, but £4000 is extortionate. I paid under £1500 incl VAT for the skills assesment and the main application, with payment being made in stages and no obligation to remain with my agent from one stage ot the next.

Sound like Four Corners use their (admittedly very helpful) seminars to sign up unsuspecting punters before they find out about the visa process.
Yeah, there was no mention of the costs at their seminar, had to travel to Manchester to find that one out.

If anybody has been to the Emigrate show at Sandown you'll notice they always have a big stand, with plenty of people on hand. But how many are actual registered agents? Looks too slick, but then they probably make enough.
Old May 20th 2003, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by grubelice
Basically from my experience Four Corners were all mouth and no trousers. I too used Grahame Igglesden of Concept Australia and he was good, honest and knew what he was on about. He delivered the goods and from what I gather is one of the cheapest around. I believe that some people have found him a bit stand offish - having read this site - but don't let that put you off. You are, after all, paying him for his vast experience, not to be his friend.

Is it as cold and wet everywhere else today?

Elaine (still got me thermals on)
Elaine,

I know what you mean about talking to Grahame. You get the feeling it's like a professor talking to a nursey school kid, which in effect is the case.

But as you say, he, and the other members of Concept Austraila, have the experience.

I'd recommend them if anybody is looking for an agent.
Old May 20th 2003, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

Location: From Port Talbot, South Wales to Ascot Vale, Melbourne
jonah66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Four Corners & Concept Australia both turned me down because `I do not have an Engineering Degree & therefore would not gain sufficient points for my skilled occupation'.

I think I proved otherwise!!!!
Old May 20th 2003, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

stotty is on a distinguished road

£4000 sounds extortionate! I used Ian Harrop Associates, who is registered and ex-Oz immigration, and found them to be very helpful (£900, paid in two stages). I still had to run around getting all the supporting documentation sorted out but once that was done all the checking, posting, sorting, etc. was done by them.

As has been said previously on this site, if your application is straightforward then it's probably not worth using an agent. If it's more complicated then you'll probably get your moneys worth.

Good luck, whichever option you choose!
Old May 20th 2003, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Atticus will become famous soon enough

Have not heard of four corners, but some other agents - Oz based recommended on this website and who regularly post here - Alan Collett - Go Matilda and George Lombard - on passing on why I have heard and they seem to come highly recommended and apparently cheaper that UK based - however Alan Collett has offices in UK also

All the best whatever you decide on.
Old May 20th 2003, 2:08 pm
Just Joined

texx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Four Corners

Friends of ours used these and thought they were a huge waste of money. They were never given the progress reports they were promised and were fobbed off when they phoned up to check. As a result we decided not to use an agent and just do it ourselves. Applied 26th March 2003 - Asked for medicals last Monday !
Old May 20th 2003, 5:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Links to all agents mentioned above can be found at Migration agents
Old May 20th 2003, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

karlos is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that this was the agent that Grub used (I may be wrong). Do a search on the name. If, I'm right, she didn't have good words to say about them.
Old May 20th 2003, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

matt&sue is an unknown quantity at this point

anyone heard of company called 1st contact migration

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.