Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Have house prices in Brisbane dropped.

Wikiposts

Have house prices in Brisbane dropped.

Old Oct 26th 2006, 6:50 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have house prices in Brisbane dropped.

Originally Posted by Ian & Sharon
Well thats going to help with my families future
Why have you left it so late?
Old Oct 26th 2006, 6:51 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Well thats going to help with my families future
You're expecting to use an internet forum as a prime guide for the future of your family?

I think the future has already been decided.

I'll repeat for the Hard Of Thinking ... If you want advice on living in Springfield Lakes then watch the film "The Truman Show".
Old Oct 26th 2006, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Bayside ! or check out www.ourbrisbane.com.au
Old Oct 26th 2006, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

martynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nice

Or are they just taking longer to sell ?

Just that over the last 6 months I keep seeing the same houses for sale on different web sites.

Has anyone had a good deal when buying a house ?

Has anyone bought an ex show house and if so are you happy with it ?

Sorry for all the questions.

Ian
No, deffo not too many questions, they were the same ones I was thinking of asking. I keep imagining being able to now offer $100,000 less than asking price on some of these !!!!!
Old Oct 26th 2006, 10:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by martynm
No, deffo not too many questions, they were the same ones I was thinking of asking. I keep imagining being able to now offer $100,000 less than asking price on some of these !!!!!
Don,t kid yourself.
The house is only worth what people are prepared to pay. It is just the same as the UK, if the house is good it will sell straight away, if not it will sit there until it drops in price blah, blah.
Seems that most Aussies are not like brits when it comes to a bit of a reno, they seem to like sterile brand new shoe boxes with nothing to do.
Biggest growth area in SE queensland seems to be the Ipswich area, lots of large plots offering good value and huge investment in the area, Orion shopping complex at springfield will be the largest in the southern hemisphere etc.
Don't get me wrong Ipswich itself is a good damn toilet but some of the surrounding suburbs are nice.
Do yourself a favour and look around, see for yourself, don't follow the pack thinking if its not bayside then its crap, take a look you may just find something nice
Old Oct 26th 2006, 11:06 pm
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

So is that a bad area or an ideal place to buy

I know the property market world wide is "off its head" but as you can imagine coming to a new Country with two young children, well we don't want to move once there settled.

Would appreciate anyone's views on Springfield (doh) lakes ???????

Ian

PS Please help I move over in January
Springfield Lakes is just a Southern older version of North Lakes, except further away from the ocean and probably a bit prettier because its not so flat. In other words its a giant housing estate.

Where do you need to be close to for work? Cleveland is quite nice and reasonably priced on the bay.

Jane
Old Oct 26th 2006, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

martynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nice

Originally Posted by JaneandJim
Springfield Lakes is just a Southern older version of North Lakes, except further away from the ocean and probably a bit prettier because its not so flat. In other words its a giant housing estate.

Where do you need to be close to for work? Cleveland is quite nice and reasonably priced on the bay.

Jane
Ahhhh Jane and Jim, can you help me ???

I'm looking for some advice on the western suburbs area, I've just PM'd you, if that's ok ???

We're moving out in Jan/Feb and I want to be fairly close to the CBD.

Martyn
Old Oct 26th 2006, 11:58 pm
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by martynm
Ahhhh Jane and Jim, can you help me ???

I'm looking for some advice on the western suburbs area, I've just PM'd you, if that's ok ???

We're moving out in Jan/Feb and I want to be fairly close to the CBD.

Martyn
Have replied, ignore my last question I can see its Jan/Feb .

Jane
Old Oct 27th 2006, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
You're expecting to use an internet forum as a prime guide for the future of your family?
Whats wrong with using an internet forum as a guide
Old Oct 27th 2006, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JaneandJim

Jane
My area is going to be south of the river down to the NSW boarder.
The office is in Fairfield but I'll just need to be there a couple of hours a week.

Springfield looked nice, but don't they all when there in a glossy magazine !
Old Oct 27th 2006, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Deadmeat

I think the future has already been decided.

I'll repeat for the Hard Of Thinking ... If you want advice on living in Springfield Lakes then watch the film "The Truman Show".

We'd never been to Aus before arriving as permanent residents therefore used the internet entirely, and this forum primarily, to decide the future of our family. I'm guessing many others have done the same.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lordflasheart
We'd never been to Aus before arriving as permanent residents therefore used the internet entirely, and this forum primarily, to decide the future of our family. I'm guessing many others have done the same.
Glad I'm not the only one
Old Oct 27th 2006, 4:47 pm
Born to be ignored

Don't be too hard on Deadmeat. He might come across a bit terse but he's alright really. He lives in the Logan area which is perhaps somewhere you could consider. You need to be careful though, as there are some real scummy areas there. Some distant relatives of Jim's live in Eight Mile Plains. Andrew63 (?) from here lives in Tanah Meerah and seems very happy there.

Remember, though, North Lakes could also be described as legoland and that didn't put you off so don't cross Springfield Lakes off too soon. Forest Lakes is also worth a look for you, if you like that kind of thing. You could also think about the Gold Coast.

Jane
Old Oct 27th 2006, 6:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tabby
Bayside ! or check out www.ourbrisbane.com.au
Thank you for the link, been reading up on the area's, Thanks.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 8:18 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Hoping your migration from NZ goes ahead smoothly

Might even get a chance to catch up for lunch once you are this side of the Tasman.

Kiwi

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.